The naked civil servants

Sonatine

The naked civil servants

Jun 12 2006

By Lisa Hutchinson, The Evening Chronicle

Rural Payments Agency offices in Lancaster House, Newcastle Business Park

Civil servants are being investigated after complaints of appalling behaviour at a Government office on Tyneside.

A probe is underway after claims staff leapt naked from filing cabinets and vomited into cups during workplace pranks.

They are also following up accusations of drug-taking and sex in the toilets. And today officials for the Rural Payments Agency based in Lancaster House, Hampshire Court, Newcastle, have confirmed disciplinary action and a dismissal have already taken place.

The shocking allegations include:

?  Staff leaping from filing cabinets naked caught on CCTV.

?  An horrific new craze of vomiting in cups and leaving them to fester in cupboards until they are discovered through the horrendous smell.

?  People taking drugs and having sex in the toilets.

?  Swearing and holding fun-fights in the reception area.

?  Staff holding break dancing competitions during working hours.

The Chronicle was tipped off about the probe by a civil servant who decided to turn whistleblower in an attempt to get the work place back to normal.

Insiders have likened the goings-on to the Ricky Gervais' BBC TV comedy The Office but worse.

The allegations relate to the Rural Payments Agency, a branch of Defra, dealing with the North East farming industry The whistleblower said in a letter: "I'm appalled at the level of depravity that is being tolerated at my work place."

It also tells of the sick, shocking and obscene behaviour in the Newcastle office.

And we have also obtained a memo which describes specific behavioural problems identified in Lancaster House.

It said: "We have particular concerns about the activities that have been going on and which have been photographed. Although the staff obviously feels it is a great laugh, by anyone's standards in the workplace setting, this represents misconduct and may not be allowed to go unchallenged."

The whistleblower added: "Activities have been captured on official cameras. "There is a list of shocking and awful acts in work time, including sex in the toilets. Drug-taking and swearing is rife."

A spokesman for the Rural Payments Agency said: "Disciplinary action and a dismissal have taken place and further action is pending. RPA expects high standards of its staff and will not tolerate breaches such as those described."

Sounds like a cracking place to work :razz:

A friend of mine works there. She mentioned that sort of thing a while ago when we were talking about people we work with but I thought she was just trying to go one better than everyone else.

Evidently not (or if she is she's bloody good at it). :razz:

memo went around benton park view about that aswell

not just about smearing excrement, but semen and mucus also...

doesn't mean every shitter is covered in crap, just that enough has been noticed to warrant a comment fro the powers that be.

puts to bed the rumour that civil servants were dull mind..

not Dull..... just social retards..

when i first went to tyneview park and worked on winter fuel there was a phantom shitter.

the then head honcho of tyneview, a grade 5, got all the lads together from the 2nd floor of 'b' block and basically bollocked us all.

Guest Toplass-101
:razz: Vomitting in a cup is all the rage like.

147898[/snapback]

Spew must be joking :slap:

At a bank I worked in, the "lunch time specials" were not just found in the canteen. One lad left the disabled toilet followed by a young lady and said "she was in there with me because I had a nose bleed" :blush:

Is this where Wacky and Smooth Operator work?

147919[/snapback]

Funny you should say that, applied for a job there a few months back, didn't get it though.

Their pay is a lot better for some reason, maybe not after this.

As for the smeared shit and spunk at Benton Park View, no comment.

Is this where Wacky and Smooth Operator work?

147919[/snapback]

Funny you should say that, applied for a job there a few months back, didn't get it though.

Their pay is a lot better for some reason, maybe not after this.

As for the smeared shit and spunk at Benton Park View, no comment.

148253[/snapback]

Don't tell us! Let us guess! The interview consisted of three ladies, two of whom you shagged on the desk and then you had a shouting session at the third for her poor exhibition of car parking which you had witnessed before the interview?? :( Close? :P

Don't tell us! Let us guess! The interview consisted of three ladies, two of whom you shagged on the desk and then you had a shouting session at the third for her poor exhibition of car parking which you had witnessed before the interview?? :P Close? :P

148588[/snapback]

:(

Just to update, the Chronicle are carrying a story today that backs up what my brother was telling me; that all this stuff going on is done by the temps who come on at 6pm for the filing night shift.

Just to update, the Chronicle are carrying a story today that backs up what my brother was telling me; that all this stuff going on is done by the temps who come on at 6pm for the filing night shift.

148805[/snapback]

You pay peanuts you get monkeys :(

148805[/snapback]

You pay peanuts you get monkeys :P

148816[/snapback]

I enjoyed my time as a temp, strolling the offices of big companies offering freedom and revolution to the 'head down' full timers and other 'off the cuff' distractions. :(