Marcel Desailly

Guest CrimsonFault

thought he was entertaining and engaging... better than motty, Dixon, Lawro or itv tbh

148060[/snapback]

me too, but then i've always liked Marcel. I hated the way Hansen put down everything Marcel said, poor Gary had to step in several times. Why didnt Marcel play for Ghana ? I heard him say he was born there.

thought he was entertaining and engaging... better than motty, Dixon, Lawro or itv tbh

148060[/snapback]

me too, but then i've always liked Marcel. I hated the way Hansen put down everything Marcel said, poor Gary had to step in several times. Why didnt Marcel play for Ghana ? I heard him say he was born there.

148112[/snapback]

Put down everything he said? Two minutes into the programme he practically had his tongue down his throat!

"Oh Marcel. What a defender. What a player. What a man. Great to be sat here next to you Marcel. Hey Martin, I bet you wish you could have had Marcel in your team. Marcel. Oooo it just rolls off the tongue. Mar. Cel. Marcel."

I thought Hansen seemed genuinely starstruck.

148060[/snapback]

148112[/snapback]

Put down everything he said? Two minutes into the programme he practically had his tongue down his throat!

"Oh Marcel. What a defender. What a player. What a man. Great to be sat here next to you Marcel. Hey Martin, I bet you wish you could have had Marcel in your team. Marcel. Oooo it just rolls off the tongue. Mar. Cel. Marcel."

I thought Hansen seemed genuinely starstruck.

148114[/snapback]

:razz:

ah well i missed the opening of the show (was doing the housework bit) :blush:

Aye, I missed the opening too, but by half-time Hansen was definitely out to attack everything Desailly said. Maybe his under-the-table fumblings were spurned and he wanted revenge.

When Desailly used to play centre-midfield for AC Milan it was like trying to get through a brick wall. Struggled in the air a bit as a centre-half in this country. Nipped out at half time for a bifta so I missed his craic :(

148060[/snapback]

148112[/snapback]

iirc - none of zidane, evra, thuram, vieira were born anywhere near france either

148060[/snapback]

148112[/snapback]

iirc - none of zidane, evra, thuram, vieira were born anywhere near france either

148352[/snapback]

Correct-all colonials. Bit like the Republic of Ireland in the early 90's. Only with goods players.

148060[/snapback]

148112[/snapback]

148352[/snapback]

Zidane was actually born in Marseille, although to Algerian parents.

i'm positive he was born in algeria, i'm also positive that zinedine zidane is not is real name either, its a frenchified version of his algerian name.