Viana eager to prove his class

khay

Portugal star Hugo Viana is determined to make Newcastle regret never giving him the chance to prove his class on Tyneside.

Viana arrived on Tyneside in 2002 billed as the club's next midfield star, but he failed to show his class and was shipped out to Valencia in March for £2 million.

The sale represented a £5 million loss for The Magpies and Viana claims he was never given the chance to strut his stuff in the middle of the park.

"I spent my time at Newcastle on the left wing and not in my natural position, so I couldn't give my best," Viana, who is in Portugal's World Cup squad, told The Sun.

"But I don't blame the club. It was hard for them to play in the middle because Gary Speed did very well in that position.

"It was difficult for the manager so he used me on the left wing.

"Because I couldn't play in my best position it hit my confidence and the way I played on the left. I got down."

Personally I think we should keep him and give him another chance next season.

148235[/snapback]

Despite the fact we sold him ?

Skirge is a genius. It would be one thing for someone else to have posted the article and him just skim-read it and posted about keeping Viana. But to read it, see where it says we've sold him, decide to start a thread on it, and then come out with that. Jesus H.

All the talent in the world, and while he might have had excuses to partly explain why he didn't do it at Newcastle, I'll still never forgive the bottling twat for that first goal at Marseille we conceded.