Brazil v Croatia Kick-off: 2000 BST

khay

I'm now fairly confident of getting a point against Brazil.

I've been saying all along and getting laughed at, while Brazil are good, they are very overrated. All the hype before the WC started suggested they had already won the thing. Nein. There are half a dozen teams that are at least as good as or better than them.

I've been saying all along and getting laughed at, while Brazil are good, they are very overrated. All the hype before the WC started suggested they had already won the thing. Nein. There are half a dozen teams that are at least as good as or better than them.

148573[/snapback]

German AND Aussie?

dear god man, you give yourself no chance of redemption! :(

on your point I think it's far too early in the competition to write anyone off OR hand anyone the pot.

Brazil were ordinary today, but I think that now that they've seen that Ronaldo and Adriano do not work well in that formation, they might swap things around for the next game.

Also, I'd rate the Croatian orgainsation higher than the Aussie. I think Brazil will win a lot more posession in and around the box, and on Schwarzer's showing I wouldn't bet against them putting dangerous balls into the box.

Obviously they will not win the cup if they play like that every game, but I think another performance like this one would be highly unlikely.

Brazil were poor last night, but they'll get better. I still fancy them to win all their group games. That should be Ronaldo's last game though - he was absolutely awful and for the most part it was due to a total lack of interest or effort. Disgraceful.

The BBC Brazil wankfest was a bit ott last night like. Yes, we know they've won loads in the past and have arguably the best player in the world playing for them, but they'll do fuck all with pie man up front.

The BBC Brazil wankfest was a bit ott last night like. Yes, we know they've won loads in the past and have arguably the best player in the world playing for them, but they'll do fuck all with pie man up front.

148610[/snapback]

It's always the way with these things, isn't it? A team or player are gushed over because of what they've done in the past, rather than what they are doing now. It's the same with Henry - because he has scored great goals in the past, everything he does now is regarded as amazing.

Anyway, Kovac says marking Ronaldo was a piece of piss. :(

148573[/snapback]

England aint one of them though. And I know you mean OZ.

They looked better with Robinho on.

Brazil coach Carlos Alberto Parreira and Tuesday's match-winner, Kaka, were both quick to jump to Ronaldo's defence.

Parreira admitted the player was "lacking a little bit of sharpness" but that he would still start their second game against Australia on Sunday.

"Ronaldo has not been playing for the last two months and has had only two friendlies so it was natural he felt a bit heavy as it was very hot, but I'm sure he will improve as the tournament goes on," he said.

And Kaka added: "Ronaldo has said he has not reached his ideal level of fitness so let's wait until he improves his performance and is the Ronaldo that we know and like, but yes a little more movement from him would be ideal."

The Brazilian newspapers were less supportive of Ronaldo, who to date has 12 World Cup goals under his belt.

Former World Cup winner Tostao, writing for the Folha de Sao Paulo newspaper, described him as "slow and weird."

He still gets to start the next game then by the look of things. Also, the description by Tostao, as funny as it sounds, pretty much sums his performance up.

148573[/snapback]

England aint one of them though. And I know you mean OZ.

They looked better with Robinho on.

148678[/snapback]

Nah I don't mean Australia, I don't really rate us that highly, will be happy to reach the second round. And I definately don't include England amongst my possibles. If you had a decent manager and a bit of luck, you'd be up there but again, unfortunately (fortunately you have neither.

Just watched the Brazilians, and as someone said, they didn't play as a team. Which is why I think we can get a point off them. But I'm afraid the individual brilliance will win it for them again. Who do we have? Fatty Viduka and Krocked Kock Kewell.

Maybe there'll be a dodgy under the table agreement that will see a 0-0 draw and both teams go very close to going through. Am I that cynical to believe that could happen?

Edited by Woodgate27

Brazil coach Carlos Alberto Parreira and Tuesday's match-winner, Kaka, were both quick to jump to Ronaldo's defence.

Parreira admitted the player was "lacking a little bit of sharpness" but that he would still start their second game against Australia on Sunday.

"Ronaldo has not been playing for the last two months and has had only two friendlies so it was natural he felt a bit heavy as it was very hot, but I'm sure he will improve as the tournament goes on," he said.

And Kaka added: "Ronaldo has said he has not reached his ideal level of fitness so let's wait until he improves his performance and is the Ronaldo that we know and like, but yes a little more movement from him would be ideal."

The Brazilian newspapers were less supportive of Ronaldo, who to date has 12 World Cup goals under his belt.

Former World Cup winner Tostao, writing for the Folha de Sao Paulo newspaper, described him as "slow and weird."

He still gets to start the next game then by the look of things. Also, the description by Tostao, as funny as it sounds, pretty much sums his performance up.

148720[/snapback]

There was an article saying he went to the hospital regarding headaches, but he was fine and the coach said he would start the next game.

"And Kaka added: "Ronaldo has said he has not reached his ideal level of fitness so let's wait until he improves his performance and is the Ronaldo that we know and like, but yes a little more movement from him would be ideal."

That all very well for a 16 year old to come out with who could probably play 2 games in a row. (I know he's not 16).