Your second team

Toonraider

I always love watching Brazil and would never begrudge them winning the tournament if England aren't going to. I also like watching Italy, although I think the idea of Italian football is often better than the reality.

I always love watching Brazil and would never begrudge them winning the tournament if England aren't going to.  I also like watching Italy, although I think the idea of Italian football is often better than the reality.

148426[/snapback]

The diving and histrionics spoils their football for me. I'm adopting Ecuador for this tournament I think..

Just like in club football I can't entertain the idea of a second team.

148443[/snapback]

its only a bit of fun to adopt a team or two for the world cup, makes it a bit more interesting...we're not asking you to pledge your undying love for them and get their national flag tatooed on your arse :(

148443[/snapback]

its only a bit of fun to adopt a team or two for the world cup, makes it a bit more interesting...we're not asking you to pledge your undying love for them and get their national flag tatooed on your arse :(

148446[/snapback]

Hung from a dildo like a flagpole and planted in his piehole at a minimum tbh.

148443[/snapback]

its only a bit of fun to adopt a team or two for the world cup, makes it a bit more interesting...we're not asking you to pledge your undying love for them and get their national flag tatooed on your arse :P

148446[/snapback]

I know, and I quite like the dutch and brazilian sides but sooner of later they will be drawn against England.

Think back to Italia'90, everyone loved Cameroon until they were 2-0 up against us in the quarters. Then I just wanted us to turn the fuckers over. :( (And thanks to Balls of Steel Lineker, we did).

They were never 2-0 up were they? :(  I thought the most we were was a goal down at any one time.

148456[/snapback]

Actually I think you're right. Platt scored first, then they scored twice in about 5 minutes. Anyway, stop spoiling my story with facts.

Edited by Dr Kenneth Noisewater

I always love watching Brazil and would never begrudge them winning the tournament if England aren't going to.  I also like watching Italy, although I think the idea of Italian football is often better than the reality.

148426[/snapback]

The diving and histrionics spoils their football for me.

148441[/snapback]

And the negative, defensive, kill the game attitude they usually exhibit.

As somebody earlier in the thread said, for me its the same as club football, i don't support two teams, i support one and thats it.

So if England don't win i'd prefer a team who'd impressed me with their football and attitude to win it.

But invariably with me it would be a case of who i didn't want to win a game or the cup itself based on how much i dislike them. So if some team had really annoyed me i'd be wanting their opponents to win, or say if a team has a player who is a complete cnut (eg. Cahill for the aussies) that may tip the balance in who i want to win a match!

:(

I do get what you mean though. My Brazil/Italy fixation goes back to being a kid. I'm not picking any new second teams from this tournament because the rest of them just I look at them as potential opponents.

Italy and the Czech Republic are my first and second teams, since Scotland never made it this time...

Also going for Argentina as my girlfriend got them in her works sweepstake.

Czechs and Brazil for me.

I like the smaller nations because they always try harder than the big teams, but you can't beat the Brazilians for entertainment, even in a crap game like today they were a cut above technically anything we've seen so far.

Czechs have always entertained me... dunno why.

Well, I've backed France to win (attractive odds of 12/1), I've got Spain, Argentina and Ukraine in the sweep at work and I like Brazil and Holland too. So, if the improbable does happen and England don't win it, any of them would be ok.