England - Tactics & formations

Geordie Boyo

I would play:

Hargreaves
Lennon     Beckham            Gerrard       Cole

Rooney

from now on in.  Crouch comes on if we're really struggling.  We need to be offering something down the right and currently there's nowt as Beckham keeps drifting in.

Lampard comes on for Beckham if we're struggling an'all. 

FM2006-tastic!

151458[/snapback]

thats how Ive had it too Gemmill. Apart from I'd have Lennon and Cole more advanced.. more 4-3-3 than 4-5-1... or is that 4-1-2-2-1 in an FM2006 stylee. :lol:

I still dont see having when Defoe would be any advantage. OK so we have an extra striker on the bench so what. Play Rooney up front, Crouch as Plan B and Walcott as a last desperate throw of the dice. When would Defoe actually get on the pitch?

151525[/snapback]

if we had Defoe he could come straight in for Owen and we could still play 4-4-2. I dont think we have the players for that now. it could be blessing in disguise as Sven may be forced into making a change in the system.

151598[/snapback]

Yes I understand if we had Defoe he could fit straight into a 4-4-2, but so could Micheal Chopra and I am fairly sure that would be a bad idea aswell. I am glad Defoe is not there because I dont think he is good enough to play.

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would play:

Hargreaves

Rooney

from now on in.  Crouch comes on if we're really struggling.  We need to be offering something down the right and currently there's nowt as Beckham keeps drifting in.

FM2006-tastic!

151458[/snapback]

thats how Ive had it too Gemmill. Apart from I'd have Lennon and Cole more advanced.. more 4-3-3 than 4-5-1... or is that 4-1-2-2-1 in an FM2006 stylee. :lol:

I still dont see having when Defoe would be any advantage. OK so we have an extra striker on the bench so what. Play Rooney up front, Crouch as Plan B and Walcott as a last desperate throw of the dice. When would Defoe actually get on the pitch?

151525[/snapback]

if we had Defoe he could come straight in for Owen and we could still play 4-4-2. I dont think we have the players for that now. it could be blessing in disguise as Sven may be forced into making a change in the system.

151598[/snapback]

Yes I understand if we had Defoe he could fit straight into a 4-4-2, but so could Micheal Chopra and I am fairly sure that would be a bad idea aswell. I am glad Defoe is not there because I dont think he is good enough to play.

151622[/snapback]

It's academic now but I think a 4-4-2 with Defoe in would pose more problems to international opposition than a 4-4-2 with Crouch. Dont get me wrong, I think Defoe is a wasteful twat too just like Crouch, but he plays the game on the deck at least which can only benefit Rooney.

I would play:

Hargreaves

Rooney

FM2006-tastic!

151458[/snapback]

151525[/snapback]

151598[/snapback]

151622[/snapback]

It's academic now but I think a 4-4-2 with Defoe in would pose more problems to international opposition than a 4-4-2 with Crouch. Dont get me wrong, I think Defoe is a wasteful twat too just like Crouch, but he plays the game on the deck at least which can only benefit Rooney.

151632[/snapback]

At least Crouch has the potential to scare defenders by looking like a freak, Defoe hasnt even got that going for him

Or possibly the blogger who wrote "With his Romany curls, dreamy doe eyes and long, possibly false, eyelashes, he looks as if he should be a bad romantic poet rather than a footballer."

:lol:

151509[/snapback]

You blatantly fancy him like :D

spongebob, I reckon you're gonna have to watch Defoe play for Newcastle next season. ;)

151658[/snapback]

Fuckin disgrace that he isnt in Germany, Ive always liked the little fella tbd

151665[/snapback]

to be dishonest? :D

Or possibly the blogger who wrote "With his Romany curls, dreamy doe eyes and long, possibly false, eyelashes, he looks as if he should be a bad romantic poet rather than a footballer."

151509[/snapback]

You blatantly fancy him like :D

151661[/snapback]

Pfff. He'd be at least 4th or 5th in the queue. ;)

Well that just looked shit, IMO...! Clearly Rooney needs someone up front alongside him in our next game. We're going to have to play a 4.4.2 and possibly drop Lampard with Gerrard in his place in that role with possibly Hargreaves or Beckham pushed in there with Lennon out wide right.

I'd start with Walcott as you'd always have Crouch to come on and look stupid for an option.

............WALCOTT....ROONEY

J. COLE GERRARD HARGREAVES BACKHAM

A. COLE..TERRY... FERDINAND...CAMPBELL?

...................ROBINSON

Possible subs to be used...

Lennon - Hargreaves

Carragher - Terry (yellow carded)

Crouch - Walcott

I thought we looked much better in the 4-5-1 than a 4-4-2. I think we'll improve with that formation in the next game if he sticks with it. As for Rooney, he showed in the second half that he's already coming to terms with what being the lone striker involves. Stick with it IMO. :blink:

I thought we looked much better in the 4-5-1 than a 4-4-2.  I think we'll improve with that formation in the next game if he sticks with it.  As for Rooney, he showed in the second half that he's already coming to terms with what being the lone striker involves.  Stick with it IMO. :blink:

153384[/snapback]

The second half is about the best we've played and by miles the best Rooney has played in the short time available so i'd stick with the formation.

Neville should be back for the Portugal match, so other than decicing between Hargreaves and Carrick, the team picks itself:

Robinson

Neville, Rio, Terry, A.Cole

Hargreaves(or Carrick)

Beckham, Lampard, Gerrard, J.Cole

Rooney

and I would bring Lennon and Crouch on in the last 20-30 mins depending on how things are going.

Am i alone in recognising that Lennon always looks the most dangerous player on the pitch when he comes on? I understand that it helps that the other team is tired but even at the start of a game he is faster than everyone else on the field. Either start him or give him 30 minutes, but dont give him 4minutes FFS!

Neville should be back for the Portugal match, so other than decicing between Hargreaves and Carrick, the team picks itself:

Robinson

Neville, Rio, Terry, A.Cole

Hargreaves(or Carrick)

Beckham, Lampard, Gerrard, J.Cole

Rooney

and I would bring Lennon and Crouch on in the last 20-30 mins depending on how things are going.

153650[/snapback]

I can pre-empt svens thinking for the next game, Hargreaves has his best game for england in CM, so he moves him to RB, Hargreaves puts in a MOM performance at RB so against Protugal Sven drops him and replaces him with Neville who is unfit and out of form :blink: