England v Trinidad and Lumbago

manc-mag

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Day off here so I'll be watching.  2-0 to England I think.

149100[/snapback]

2-0?! I've just told you Rooney's fit woman. I'm going for Eleventyten-Nil now.

149101[/snapback]

Rooney is NOT fit - I don't care who says what :(

149100[/snapback]

149101[/snapback]

Rooney is NOT fit - I don't care who says what :P

149104[/snapback]

Now now Catherine, these are trained doctors who have given these opinions. Don't make me have to get one of them on the phone to patronise you. I know how you like to be patronised by doctors. :(

149100[/snapback]

149101[/snapback]

Rooney is NOT fit - I don't care who says what :razz:

149104[/snapback]

Now now Catherine, these are trained doctors who have given these opinions. Don't make me have to get one of them on the phone to patronise you. I know how you like to be patronised by doctors. :(

149106[/snapback]

They get put in their place :P

Just watching the news here - they're allowing 1000 more people into Times Square in town to watch the game ce soir. Mass exodus from work at 4.55pm methinks!

It'll be interesting to see what kind of casualties we get in at work tonight/tomorrow after Saturday's mad football/drinking behaviour :P

Did someone call for a patronising doctor?  :P

:(

149116[/snapback]

No trainees allowed. :P

149118[/snapback]

Shirley being patronised by a student doctor is even more patronising though. :razz:

Did someone call for a patronising doctor?  :P

:P

149116[/snapback]

No trainees allowed. :P

149118[/snapback]

Shirley being patronised by a student doctor is even more patronising though. :razz:

149119[/snapback]

Are you joking? :( It's hilarious! Have you not noticed the nurses looking at you, smiling and shaking their heads as if to say "Awww, bless - he thinks he's all important!" :razz:

Did someone call for a patronising doctor?  :razz:

:P

149116[/snapback]

No trainees allowed. :razz:

149118[/snapback]

Shirley being patronised by a student doctor is even more patronising though. :D

149119[/snapback]

Are you joking? :( It's hilarious! Have you not noticed the nurses looking at you, smiling and shaking their heads as if to say "Awww, bless - he thinks he's all important!" :P

149121[/snapback]

I'm too busy saving lives to take any notice. :P

Rooney passed fit for England tie

Wayne Rooney has been passed fit to play for England against Trinidad and Tobago by independent medical advisers.

Professors Angus Wallace and Chris Moran of the Queen's Medical Centre in Nottingham flew to Germany on Wednesday to examine the 20-year-old.

The Manchester United striker has not played since breaking a metatarsal against Chelsea on 29 April.

England coach Sven-Goran Eriksson said on Wednesday that Rooney was match fit for Thursday's crucial Group B game.

It is our professional medical opinion that Rooney is available to play in the World Cup

Joint statement from Angus Wallace and Chris Moran 

In a joint statement, professors Wallace and Moran said: "Wayne's recovery has been more rapid than expected over the past week.

"This is due to the excellent care he has received since suffering the injury to his foot and because Wayne has worked so hard at his recovery.

"Due to this, we were invited back earlier than anticipated to reassess Wayne by Dr Leif Sward, the England team doctor.

"We are independent experts and would like to make clear that the findings of our evaluation and decision have been made without any pressure from the Football Association.

"We have Wayne's best interests at heart, as our sole concern is Wayne's well-being - now and in the future."

When asked to comment on the opinion of Staff Nurse Catherine Lennon, Dr. Wallace merely rolled his eyes and sighed.

Professors Wallace and Moran examined Rooney on Thursday and studied footage of him in full contact training over the past two days and held discussions with the England medical staff.

Supermac talking sense for once. :(

If England don't use Michael Owen in the proper way, they may as well leave him on the bench. It's no use to anyone him playing if they are going to use the same tactics as they did against Paraguay. Belting the ball up at 60mph might have suited Alan Shearer, but Owen is a completely different type of striker. People say Owen did not look right. Well, of course he didn't look right - for one big reason, and that is he does not need high balls crashed up to him because all that does is make the central defenders look good.

I'm half day

149009[/snapback]

_41768802_kidpa416.jpg

Sammy, pictured leaving work moments ago.

149093[/snapback]

Mancy makes a quick dash home...

hutz2gu.jpg

149115[/snapback]

Pair of twats tbh!

*puts flag round neck and marches off to pub*