ITV coverage

luckyluke

I know they are hamstrung somewhat by having ad breaks but their coverage really is the pits. Virtually no analysis of the match they are covering in the five minutes they get, which is usually entirely devoted to the latest non-update on Rooney.

I can't blame Gullit for saying 'Rooney's not that good, I wouldn't have picked him anyway' after having to put up with the ridiclous anglo-centric attitude they have.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm not a fan of the ITV coverage normally, but it's canny at the moment. The lads in the studio are all a bit delirious ahead of the England game and are having a bit of a giggle. El Tel and Stuart Pearce there today...

Gotta love ITV. "Remember Rene Higuita, the man who did the scorpion kick against England at Wembley?"

No, I remember him for having stupid girly hair and for making a right twat of himself at that competition that's going on right now, you know, the World Cup. But go ahead, get another England reference in there - there won't be enough today as it is...

... I may be a little over-sensitive today. :(

Gotta love ITV. "Remember Rene Higuita, the man who did the scorpion kick against England at Wembley?"

No, I remember him for having stupid girly hair and for making a right twat of himself at that competition that's going on right now, you know, the World Cup. But go ahead, get another England reference in there - there won't be enough today as it is...

... I may be a little over-sensitive today.  :P

149161[/snapback]

Yeah, I remember him from Italia 90 too believe it or not :(

Edited by alex

Any station that employs Clive Titsley is in trouble imo. We need a game of Titsley Bingo on here during the next ITV match. I'll start;

Mentioning Man U beating Bayern Munich.

Mentioning Liverpool beating Milan.

Mentioning Chelsea.

Saying a goal is 'wonderful' when it's scored by a supposed excellent footballer even if it's a tap in or a fluke.

Calling a less fancied team (such as T&T, Saudia Arabia etc) 'plucky'

Any more? There must be a million of the things he ALWAYS fucking says. They may as well just record them all and get someone in the studio to press a button when an incident happens.

I had a nightmare once, it was Clive Titsley commentating on an NUFC match with Ian Shite as his co-commentator. Death would have been an escape.

Any station that employs Clive Titsley is in trouble imo. We need a game of Titsley Bingo on here during the next ITV match. I'll start;

Mentioning Chelsea.

Saying a goal is 'wonderful' when it's scored by a supposed excellent footballer even if it's a tap in or a fluke.

Any more? There must be a million of the things he ALWAYS fucking says. They may as well just record them all and get someone in the studio to press a button when an incident happens.

I had a nightmare once, it was Clive Titsley commentating on an NUFC match with Ian Shite as his co-commentator. Death would have been an escape.

149174[/snapback]

Or brave.

Mentioning Chelsea.

149174[/snapback]

I swear to God if I hear him mention that "balmy evening in Barcelona" once more I'm going to beat him to death with a cowbell, it was 7 years ago, get over it!

I'm sure he was secretly masturbating under the desk every time he mentioned Wayne Rooney tonight.

149272[/snapback]

To be fair, you probably were as well :D

149274[/snapback]

Nah, it was impossible to get aroused watching that shit !!

;)

We get Martin Tyler and Gary Bloom, count yourselves lucky.

149278[/snapback]

I'd swap Tildsley for Martyn Tyler any day of the week !!

Did Gullit really say that? ;)

Agree though, ITV's coverage is woeful.  Thankfully most of the evening games so far have seemed to be BBC.

149135[/snapback]

First I've heard of it too.

amazing comment.

Mentioning Chelsea.

149174[/snapback]

As well as talking shite, Tyldesley has also been writing it too. This display of virtuoso arse-licking appeared in the paper today:Brown tongue