ITV coverage

luckyluke

Did Gullit really say that? ;)

Agree though, ITV's coverage is woeful.  Thankfully most of the evening games so far have seemed to be BBC.

149135[/snapback]

First I've heard of it too.

amazing comment.

149338[/snapback]

According to my housemate, who missed his first game (Ecuador/Costa Rica) of the tournement today.

Like I said though, Gullit has been employed to talk about football and comment on matches. As someone not English and no longer connected with the English game, it must be fucking annoying to be only asked about Rooney's condition all the time. If I was in his position I'd probably be so fed up I'd have said something similar.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Rosenthal can talk!

What's with the Madonna mics they're all wearing? They all look like they've got warts on their faces. Plus I love the way all the whitey pundits have got flesh coloured ones, and the black pundits have got black ones. ;)

That's got to be uncomfortable when they're handing them out. "Oh. Mr. Okocha. Can you give me that mic back please? You take this one.......what?......no it's no different."

Edited by Gemmill

those mics taped to their faces do look fucking terrible like.

stu pearce has just said owen makes runs for himself and not for the team .

surely hes making runs to get into scoring positions ?? which is of benefit to the team.

surely hes making runs to get into scoring positions ?? which is of benefit to the team.

149834[/snapback]

Aye Andy Townsend was saying the same. It's pathetic man, it's open season on Owen at the minute. Andy Townsend has never had a bad word to say about Owen in the past, but he's straight on the bandwagon first time opinion turns against him slightly.

149834[/snapback]

Aye Andy Townsend was saying the same. It's pathetic man, it's open season on Owen at the minute. Andy Townsend has never had a bad word to say about Owen in the past, but he's straight on the bandwagon first time opinion turns against him slightly.

149835[/snapback]

Exactly, don't use your brains and think for yourself, jump onto something other people are saying no matter how pointless.

At which point will they wake up and realise that Owen (on his own admission when last interviewed) isn't a Rooney kind of player. His job is to make well timed runs into goal scoring positions and score goals to win matches and he does it better than most.

If he stopped doing what he did to help the team they'd bollock him for being to unselfish and not getting in where it counts to use his finishing ability.

Edited by Papa Lazaru

I cringed when the England team were all saying their names and positions, and Gareth Southgate going through all the team. He makes Lawro look like a competent co-commentator.

You'd have thought they wouldn't employ David Pleat is their main co-commentator. Nevermind the stuff he says, his voice is enough.

The main commentators aren't too bad though in my opinion. I'd have Peter Drury any day over John Motson.

Their coverage is an utter abortion, not even showing the national anthems, asking American's questions about football to make them look stupid

They deserve to lose the rights tbh

The BBC is shite too, Motson is a cock as is Pleat

The answer is, watch the TV with the volume down and listen to the Radio commentry on 5Live, at least they do have information that is upto date, Pleat still thinks Viana plays for us!!!

Regarding the stick Owen is getting at the minute from the media...this is exactly what I feared would happen when he signed for us. Shearer got exactly the same until it got to the point where he just said 'fuck it' and walked away from it. The English media, scum of the earth.

Regarding the stick Owen is getting at the minute from the media...this is exactly what I feared would happen when he signed for us. Shearer got exactly the same until it got to the point where he just said 'fuck it' and walked away from it. The English media, scum of the earth.

150692[/snapback]

Spot on. How sad.

some of the commentary is fucking banal, I mean Motty's commentary is pointless drivel and he wets himself with every pointless statistic, Lawro is a cynical bitter bastard.

but itv makes me want to slice open my chest, stuff with a stunned rat, sew it back up and wait for the rat to wake up and chew through my flesh, while chewing nettles and masturbating with broken lightbulbs in my hands

I've not been happy with any of the punditry, but the BBC's compilation videos are something else. That one last night to mark the halfway point almost had me weeping. It was gorgeous.

Then they ask Ian Wright what he thinks and for the 732nd time in that show he says "brilliant".

Utter goon.

I've not been happy with any of the punditry, but the BBC's compilation videos are something else.  That one last night to mark the halfway point almost had me weeping.  It was gorgeous.

Then they ask Ian Wright what he thinks and for the 732nd time in that show he says "brilliant".

Utter goon.

151108[/snapback]

The beeb are great at that sort of thing aren't they? A good film worth checking out on a similar note is 'The Boys From Brazil' doc the beeb done written by / presented by Motty. It's the history of Brazil in the World Cup upto 1986. I used to have the vid and it's just come out on DVD so I bought it again. Well worth checking out especially for the section on 1970.

I like certain permutations of the Beeb pundit/commentator team

Hansen, Shearer, Lineker, Desailly, Maniche (dunno his last name), Danny Mills was surprisingly sharp as a color commentator.