Politness & Manners

wykikitoon

Im getting really fed up with peoples lack of manners and politeness.

Its mainly at work, a simple opening of doors, I have always been brought up to say thank you. Is it hard to do that? I dont think so.

There is one squeeky arse little fecker that never says thank you, so I just shut the door in his face, then I feel guilty because that isnt polite.

Im sorry catmag but 80% of the time its women that have a large disregard for manners!

I was driving home this afternoon, when I saw a car indicating to come into my lane, I flashed so the driver could pull into my lane. Did I get an aknowledgement or a thank you? Did I feck! Oh and what sex is it, you guessed it,a women!!!

;)

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I know just what you mean, I drill politeness and respect into my kids constantly, and thankfully I get complemented on their manners and politeness regularly.

It makes me very proud, there is very little more important.

What you apologising to me for - I absolutely agree with you. I cannot abide rudeness and bad manners and can often be found muttering sarky comments like "You're welcome!" towards people who didn't bother saying thank you in the first place.

What you apologising to me for - I absolutely agree with you.  I cannot abide rudeness and bad manners and can often be found muttering sarky comments like "You're welcome!" towards people who didn't bother saying thank you in the first place.

149303[/snapback]

I do that all the time !!

What you apologising to me for - I absolutely agree with you.  I cannot abide rudeness and bad manners and can often be found muttering sarky comments like "You're welcome!" towards people who didn't bother saying thank you in the first place.

149303[/snapback]

I do that all the time !!

149311[/snapback]

Yeah, but I do it at work to patients :D;)

nurses are evil.  :(

149314[/snapback]

We're not! We're human beings who deserve a bit of fucking respect - that's all! :D

When I worked on the wards we used to get treated like absolute dogshit by some patients who were perfectly capable of doing things for themselves, but would put on that weak, faint look that some people take on the minute they enter a hospital and say in a feeble voice "Oh nurse, pass me that cup that's only one inch from my outstretched hand here" I would grit my teeth, flick the cup one inch towards them, upon which it would take them 10 minutes to pick it up and shakily bring it to their mouth and then put it back down with not as much as a word. Usually these were patients who had walked onto the ward fit and well earlier that day because they were scheduled for routine surgery the following day. They'd get on the ward, change into their pyjamas, get into bed and start their demanding. Grrrr. I felt like screaming at them " THERE IS NOTHING WRONG WITH YOU YET!!" ;)

I find the worst offenders are old women, not only ignorant, but occasionally down right rude.

Holding doors open, fine and fair enough, how about deliberatley letting them in front of you at the checkout cos they've got 2 items and you've got ten. do they say thankyou? do they fuck, they fuss and faff trying to find the exact change in their objectionably small purse while moaning about the weather and how kids are so much ruder today than they were in their day....

well that's as may be Ethel, but perhaps you lot were more polite because the old cronies you had to deal with weren't so fucking ornery...

miserable bastards

old people should be shot at birth tbh

I'd say in general, pensioners are the worst offenders and yet they're the ones who complain about it most.

149414[/snapback]

Agreed !

I was at a restaurant last night with my mates. we all ordered burger and chips at 6.99 each for 3 of us. instead of putting the chips on the plates he brought a little bowl between 3 of us.

I politely brought to his attention that there wasnt enough to share and he said, and i quote

'sorry but that is enough, youre only supposed to get 6 each anyway cos theyre chunky chips'

What happened to the customer always being right!? for £7 for a fucking burger i want more thanj 6 chips, he was a proper arsey bastard as well and we couldnt even complain cos he was the manager!

which restaurant?

cos like hell will I go there!

unless they do student discount ;)

Hollathans in chester-le-street. trying far to be a posh bistro type place but its hard when its opposite chicago rock and next door to cestria cycles and the kitchen shop.

charging twice as much for shit food apparently makes you upmarket!?

aye bollocks to that like.

stick to Francescas in Jesomnd, awesome food, great service and more than fair price.

I'm a stickler for politeness and manners as well. It's always been drilled into me by my mam and dad. The number of times I've seen my dad hold the door open for someone, got no thanks and actually gone:

Dad: Excuse me?

Ignorant person: I didn't say anything. ;)

Dad: My mistake, I thought you said "Thank you".

:D

I hate it when people are impolite, there's just no need really. The world would be a much nicer place if everyone learned some manners.

I'm polite to a certain extent.

This was proven as I walked into a pub yesterday and saw my headteacher (field trip where we weren't allowed to drink).

Stood in the door, yelled "FUCK" and walked off with a "facist c**t". ;)

But whenever I open doors for people they say thankyou. Maybe us southerners are generally more polite...apart from the chav culture. Cockney chavs...there isn't anything worse.

Whenever I nip into M&S to get meself a sandwich, and the person in front asks if I want to go in front of them, I always blush. But it's only lasses who do so. I politely decline mind.

Manners cost nowt. That's what I was taught.

149494[/snapback]

...coming from the only person I sent my recipe to, that didn't say "thanks" ;)

Never mind SLP...I saw the post by Rob, he should admit he enjoys the banter !!

"roaming the place" indeed .....

This was proven as I walked into a pub yesterday and saw my headteacher (field trip where we weren't allowed to drink).

Stood in the door, yelled "FUCK" and walked off with a "facist c**t".  :D

149508[/snapback]

;)

What a REBEL!

Stood in the door, yelled "FUCK" and walked off with a "facist c**t".  :(

149508[/snapback]

What a REBEL!

149539[/snapback]

Rebel?

I wasn't trying to be rebellious, I hate him. He almost tried to stop me taking an exam because I had stubble!!! ;)

Me mate had to pull me away otherwise I would've chinned the fucker. :(

Stood in the door, yelled "FUCK" and walked off with a "facist c**t".  :D

149508[/snapback]

What a REBEL!

149539[/snapback]

Rebel?

I wasn't trying to be rebellious, I hate him. He almost tried to stop me taking an exam because I had stubble!!! ;)

Me mate had to pull me away otherwise I would've chinned the fucker. :(

149546[/snapback]

Revenge is a dish best served cold Brock. Bide your time :(