Sweden v Paraguay

Gemmill

The temptation to grab that lad's little pigtail as he ran past, and rip it out of his head would be too much of a temptation for me I'm afraid.  :D

149289[/snapback]

;)

I can't stand him. Especially when he makes labrador eyes at the ref every time he's tackled.

Pull away I say.

We need Paraguay to win this right?

The temptation to grab that lad's little pigtail as he ran past, and rip it out of his head would be too much of a temptation for me I'm afraid.  :(

149289[/snapback]

:D

I can't stand him. Especially when he makes labrador eyes at the ref every time he's tackled.

Pull away I say.

149292[/snapback]

A draw's the best result for us cos then we've won the group. I think. ;)

The temptation to grab that lad's little pigtail as he ran past, and rip it out of his head would be too much of a temptation for me I'm afraid.  :(

149289[/snapback]

Pull away I say.

149292[/snapback]

149294[/snapback]

Sounds about right.

149289[/snapback]

Pull away I say.

149292[/snapback]

149294[/snapback]

Sounds about right.

149295[/snapback]

and if the Krauts finish second in group A ?

We have to bank on them winning that group tbh. If they don't though, then it's hard to say whether them or Ecuador would be the tougher opponent. We've got the history with the Jormans, but that doesn't mean we couldn't just as easily lose to Ecuador. We're gonna have to beat better teams than Jormany to stay in the knockouts anyway.

149292[/snapback]

Urgh I've just seen that. What a twat!

If the Sweden Paraguay match ends in a draw, I'd rest Gerrard AND Lampard in the Sweden game to let their yellow card count reset. If either of them get booked in the next match they'll miss the second round game.

149292[/snapback]

If the Sweden Paraguay match ends in a draw, I'd rest Gerrard AND Lampard in the Sweden game to let their yellow card count reset. If either of them get booked in the next match they'll miss the second round game.

149302[/snapback]

Yellow card counts get reset after the group stage.

Sweden are fairly ordinary tbh.

149292[/snapback]

149302[/snapback]

Yellow card counts get reset after the group stage.

Sweden are fairly ordinary tbh.

149319[/snapback]

Aye that's what I said. Bans don't though - pick up a second yellow in the third group game and the ban carries forward to the knockouts. I realise you're new to this sort of thing, so I'll keep you right. ;)

Quality goal-line clearence there mind. The bloke covered a ridiculous amount of ground.

149332[/snapback]

Faceplant at the end of it as well. It looked like a certain goal though.

Quality goal-line clearence there mind. The bloke covered a ridiculous amount of ground.

149332[/snapback]

149334[/snapback]

Aye it wasn't a good landing. Still 0-0.

I'd have taken that and the 2-0 at the beginning of the day.

149332[/snapback]

149334[/snapback]

Aye it wasn't a good landing. Still 0-0.

I'd have taken that and the 2-0 at the beginning of the day.

149337[/snapback]

Aye, fingers crossed it stays like this. 5 minutes or so to go.

Brilliant for Sven if this happens. I would rest pretty much the entire team apart from Rooney and Owen for fitness purposes.

Ah well, we're in the next round. Winning the group tonight would just have been a massive bonus. We should have enough to at least get the draw against the Swedes anyway. And if someone wants to pull that lad's pigtail out while we're at it, all the better.