Mourinho in early prem swipe

Scottish Mag

Chelsea chief Jose Mourinho has already begun The Premiership mind-games ahead of the new season - two months before a ball is due to be kicked.

Even before the fixture lists are announced Mourinho claims he already knows his side will get a bad hand when they are confirmed by the Premier League next week.

"I think in England you say, 'I have looked into my crystal ball'. So this is what I saw," he told The Sun.

"For sure our first game will be away from home.

"After international matches, Arsenal always play at home, Manchester United and Liverpool are 50-50, Chelsea always away.

"So, with an international match on the 16th and the first Premier League game on the 19th, Chelsea will be away.

"Players will arrive back from their national teams on the 17th in the afternoon and we travel on the 18th to play away on the 19th.

"Last season was unbelievable. After the Champions League, Chelsea was nearly always away, especially after the group phase matches.

"There is protection to some clubs, nothing for others. I don't know the intention but I know the reality, it is impossible to deny it.

"Sometimes matches after Champions League can be on a Sunday or Monday to have one more day to rest. Never for us.

"I am here for the third year, I still don't know who is in control but for other teams it looks like perfect fixtures.

"In the Christmas period, one day between matches.

"Again other teams have two days' rest between matches. But these situations make us stronger, because we know from the beginning, we are not in an easy position.

"Last game of the season, for sure away, two years running for us at Newcastle.

"Arsenal at home. Man United and Liverpool, we will see."

I hope when they do the fixtures, that they give him an away game or two to piss him off. ;)

Hopefully not Reading, I'm hoping they can get a shite team like Fulham etc to get a good run going before getting hammered by the big teams. :D

Anyone fancy doing the work to prove him right or wrong? If there's a serious discrepancy in the percentage of away games at certain times he might have a point; would anyone be surprised?

As regards why he bothers, he's just fucking with them, as usual. I don't like the bloke at all, but he runs rings around the Ferguson's 'mind games'. Makes Keegan's complete domination by Ferguson in that respect even more embarrassing, to be honest.

Anyone fancy doing the work to prove him right or wrong?  If there's a serious discrepancy in the percentage of away games at certain times he might have a point; would anyone be surprised?

As regards why he bothers, he's just fucking with them, as usual.  I don't like the bloke at all, but he runs rings around the Ferguson's 'mind games'.  Makes Keegan's complete domination by Ferguson in that respect even more embarrassing, to be honest.

149921[/snapback]

He is right of course. But its a long winded dig at David Dein.

JM has also made some pertinent comments about the CL and refs, which I dismissed till the

Italian scandal broke and made me rethink.

I hope when they do the fixtures, that they give him an away game or two to piss him off.  ;)

Hopefully not Reading, I'm hoping they can get a shite team like Fulham etc to get a good run going before getting hammered by the big teams. :D

149909[/snapback]

So who are you supporting this season then?

I hope when they do the fixtures, that they give him an away game or two to piss him off.  ;)

149909[/snapback]

149937[/snapback]

Newcastle as always, but I'm not going to pass up the chance to watch Reading either.

149909[/snapback]

149937[/snapback]

Newcastle as always, but I'm not going to pass up the chance to watch Reading either.

149949[/snapback]

The crucial time will come next season whenever you say "we", in terms of the team you support...

Like if Reading lose and you say "we were unlucky..."

Best of luck with that though :(

Typical Mourinho mind games that's all. Let's start whingeing long before the season even starts just to remind people that we're here.....

I thought the fixtures were done by computer and compiled so that teams from the same city weren't playing at home on the same day so not to stretch police resorces and avoid crowd control problems.

I thought the fixtures were done by computer and compiled so that teams from the same city weren't playing at home on the same day so not to stretch police resorces and avoid crowd control problems.

149965[/snapback]

No its a conspiracy I tell thee... ;)

I think back last season he was right baout the discrepancy between Chelsea versus manu/arse when it came to playing home or away after CL matches.

But he's just doing the right thing for his club, get a pre-emptive whinge in on the off chance it may get them to give him some favourable fixtures and if not he can then sit back and say he was right they are victimised (in his mind at least!)

Also the other thing you can guarentee is that one or more of the promoted teams will face most of the previous seasons top 6 within their first few games. Even though its apparently random!

Anyone fancy doing the work to prove him right or wrong?  If there's a serious discrepancy in the percentage of away games at certain times he might have a point; would anyone be surprised?

As regards why he bothers, he's just fucking with them, as usual.  I don't like the bloke at all, but he runs rings around the Ferguson's 'mind games'.  Makes Keegan's complete domination by Ferguson in that respect even more embarrassing, to be honest.

149921[/snapback]

JM has also made some pertinent comments about the CL and refs, which I dismissed till the

149925[/snapback]

Except Dein isn't on the FA board anymore.

149921[/snapback]

149925[/snapback]

So the Italians are bribing refs to favour clubs like Barcelona are they? Interesting :D:lol:

Is it this Thursday that the fixtures are announced or have I completely made that up?

150872[/snapback]

You're right. Thursday at 10 am.

150874[/snapback]

Marvellous. Thanks :lol: