Italy Vs USA

Jimbo

TEAM LINE-UPS

Italy: Buffon, Zaccardo, Nesta, Cannavaro, Zambrotta, Perrotta, Pirlo, De Rossi, Totti, Toni, Gilardino.

Subs: Amelia, Barone, Barzagli, Camoranesi, Del Piero, Gattuso, Grosso, Iaquinta, Inzaghi, Materazzi, Oddo, Peruzzi.

USA: Keller, Cherundolo, Onyewu, Pope, Bocanegra, Dempsey, Mastroeni, Reyna, Convey, McBride, Donovan.

Subs: Albright, Beasley, Berhalter, Ching, Conrad, Hahnemann, Howard, Johnson, Lewis, O'Brien, Olsen, Wolff.

Referee: Jorge Larrionda (Uruguay).

That elbow was fucking evil. Not even Keegan could defend that one!

150040[/snapback]

was like - and i was just about to make a comment about how dirty that eddie pope is!

Considering how card-happy the ref is, I can only think he missed the foul on Luca Toni as Gilardino scored Italy's goal, the yank defender hauled Toni back with both arms wrapped around his chest.

Same old Italians, disgracefull elbo that could have shattered the blokes nose or caved his face in.

Then a stupid tackle by the USA player to cancel out the man advantage they had. Initially i thought it should be a red but when you see the replay he basically hits the italian player's ankle with both feet and its reckless.

USA have played really well though and would like to see them beat the italians second half.

Fantastic effort from the USA side, not only did they hold out with 9 men they took the game to Italy and attacked them evens coring (though it was rightly disallowed).

The USA deserve alot of credit for that effort and the Italians don't look anything to be worried about really.

n36200546_30152319_8195.jpg

Fucking dirty Italian bastards!

Pablo got the ball on that tackle--yellow yes, red no way.

And Pope's two yellows were bullshit. How can you give him two yellows and nothing to Onyewu?? Or Nesta for that matter. Horribly inconsistent refereeing although it did end up being a hell of a match. Edited by Zathras

Anyone hear David Pleat say pound for pound McBride is the best forward in the Prem?  ;)

150137[/snapback]

Yeah, I heard that :D:( :( :D :D

Fucking dirty Italian bastards! 

Pablo got the ball on that tackle--yellow yes, red no way.

And Pope's two yellows were bullshit.  How can you give him two yellows and nothing to  Onyewu?? Or Nesta for that matter.  Horribly inconsistent refereeing although it did end up being a hell of a match.

150130[/snapback]

All three red cards were deserved. Mastroeni's tackle was horrible and he clearly went for the player instead of the ball. And Pope's second yellow card was a blatant foul from behind.

Why is it so fashionable to 'hate' the Italians anyway? Like in the first game, there wasn't more cheating and diving from the Italians than there was from their opponents. De Rossi is an absolute thug and always has been, but generally, the US players were every bit as 'dirty' as the Italians.

Why is it so fashionable to 'hate' the Italians anyway? Like in the first game, there wasn't more cheating and diving from the Italians than there was from their opponents. De Rossi is an absolute thug and always has been, but generally, the US players were every bit as 'dirty' as the Italians.

150229[/snapback]

I'd say because in general they always spoil the skilfull football they are capable of with alot of diving, feigning injury, trying to get players booked and cynical/dirty play as well as a negative and dull approach to football (as shown in them failing to go after a team with 9 men!!!)

They've produced some players i've been a massive fan of but collectively i can't stand them on the whole.

I agree with you though that all 3 reds were deserved and thought the ref showed alot of courage to make big decisions like he did. He got the disallowed goal right as well even if i wish he hadnt!

150229[/snapback]

I'd say because in general they always spoil the skilfull football they are capable of with alot of diving, feigning injury, trying to get players booked and cynical/dirty play as well as a negative and dull approach to football (as shown in them failing to go after a team with 9 men!!!)

They've produced some players i've been a massive fan of but collectively i can't stand them on the whole.

I agree with you though that all 3 reds were deserved and thought the ref showed alot of courage to make big decisions like he did. He got the disallowed goal right as well even if i wish he hadnt!

150230[/snapback]

I agree that they've been awful to watch for quite some time now and that catennacio football spoils the game. But to be fair to them, Lippi has addressed that and tried to change it and they looked good going forward in the Ghana match. The bit about Italian teams not scoring enough goals has become a bit of a cliché - not only the national team seems to have changed a bit, but Serie A as well.

150229[/snapback]

150230[/snapback]

I agree that they've been awful to watch for quite some time now and that catennacio football spoils the game. But to be fair to them, Lippi has addressed that and tried to change it and they looked good going forward in the Ghana match. The bit about Italian teams not scoring enough goals has become a bit of a cliché - not only the national team seems to have changed a bit, but Serie A as well.

150234[/snapback]

I think in the first game they did attack a bit more than in the past, but against 9 men, who would be knackered and struggling to hold a formation they should have been coming at them in waves full of pace, width and desire to attack and yet they played like they were comfortably ahead and barely gave a toss.

And England or Spain, Argentian etc. etc. would have battered the 9 men for 45 mins and would have beaten them, though the performance of the USA was outstanding, because 9 men is incredibly hard to organise into a formation to hold out for a whole half of football.

I can't see their attack scoring enough goals and there defence doesn't look like an Italian defence of old so i'd exect the better teams to deal with them.