Italy Vs USA

Jimbo

Fucking dirty Italian bastards! 

Pablo got the ball on that tackle--yellow yes, red no way.

And Pope's two yellows were bullshit.  How can you give him two yellows and nothing to  Onyewu?? Or Nesta for that matter.  Horribly inconsistent refereeing although it did end up being a hell of a match.

150130[/snapback]

Mastroeni's tackle was horrible and he clearly went for the player instead of the ball.

150225[/snapback]

As I said, he got the ball. Deserved a yellow though.

usa66rp.gif

And Pope's two yellows were bullshit.  How can you give him two yellows and nothing to  Onyewu?? Or Nesta for that matter.  Horribly inconsistent refereeing although it did end up being a hell of a match.

150130[/snapback]

Mastroeni's tackle was horrible and he clearly went for the player instead of the ball.

150225[/snapback]

usa66rp.gif

150250[/snapback]

That angle makes it look like he got the ball, but he clearly didn't and it was a horrible, potentially leg breaking tackle.

150130[/snapback]

150225[/snapback]

usa66rp.gif

150250[/snapback]

That angle makes it look like he got the ball, but he clearly didn't and it was a horrible, potentially leg breaking tackle.

150259[/snapback]

He did, I can get other angles if you want, and I do think it deserved a yellow, but you can see that the second leg isn't involved in the tackle until it's well over and doesn't hit the Italian player. No way it's a red in a match where the referee isn't looking to give the Italians a make-up call. Nor if it's an Italian player.

Guest Guest

If he got the ball, why do you think it was a yellow? That angle makes it look like he didn't get it anyway.

Studs up, dangerous challenge. Ref got it spot on.

Because even if he got the ball, it was a reckless challenge, worthy of a caution. But he did get the ball. I watched it several times in slow-motion on High definition.

Guest Guest
Because even if he got the ball, it was a reckless challenge, worthy of a caution.  But he did get the ball.  I watched it several times in slow-motion on High definition.

150262[/snapback]

But you had to in order to see he got the ball. Not sure the ref had the same chance. :lol:

I thought he got the ball in real time, and had my original view confirmed with slo-mo.

Face it, if it had been Gerrard or Parker you'd be screaming for the referee to be hanged.

150130[/snapback]

150225[/snapback]

usa66rp.gif

150250[/snapback]

The ball had clearly been played before the tackle makes contact.