Knacked me phone today

Hatful Of Hollow

Was getting into me mate's car today, and as I was shutting the door me phone fell out of my pocket, and got caught inbetween the door and the car, totally fucking the screen and bending the phone. The phone still actually functions but I obviously can't see owt, it's the screen inside the phone that's cracked, not the external one.

Bloody unlucky timing, it could have missed the door and fell out of the car, but now it'll probably have to be replaced, and i'll be stuck with a Nokia 3310 as a courtesy phone.

Anyone else broke their phone in an unlucky way?

am sure you can actually buy a new screen for certain mobiles.

150067[/snapback]

The phone is a Sony Ericsson W800i, contract, insured like.

sonyericsson_w800i.jpg

The external screen isn't damaged at all, it's just the internal one, not sure if that can just be replaced, plus the phone's still a bit bent (oo-err).

Edited by Hatful Of Hollow

Left my phone lying on a glass alcove in my girlfriends porch. Somebody turned the light on underneath the glass and the back of my phone ended up melting. I can still use it like but it's a bit unsightly and the battery has started playing up.

dropped an old phone of mine down the shitter as I was sitting down, luckily it was pre-deposit so I could fish it out without having to dodge the remnants of my dinner

A bloke I work with has (had) a K7001 like me. His alarm went off one morning and he'd left it on vibrate, so it vibrated right across his bedside table and off into a glass of water.

Another mate of mine knocked his off the arm of a sofa and into a bucket.

I just got a W810i (upgraded from the K750i) and it worked like a dream until Saturday when it just died. Gave 02 a bell this morning and they are sending the new one out by courier (already on the way) and the courier will take back my old one. But the new W810i is great. You can buy a 2 gig memory card on ebay for £30-£40 quid. They "officially" take memory cards up to the size of 4 gig but there are 8 gig memory cards kicking about too. Was going to get an MP3 player but won't bother now I have this phone.

Are they any good those Sony Walkman ones? Need a new one in a couple of weeks.

150729[/snapback]

I've got the w800i and its easily the best phone i've ever had. Mines about 9 months old now and theres no problems with buttons or owt. The large amounts of memory on it have totally removed the need to carry around a seperate mp3 player.

Yeh i've got an iPod so i'd barely use that feature on the Sony.

At the minute its between:

se_w810i_175x242.jpg

motorola_v3i_56x110.jpg

motorola_l7_56x110.jpg

Had a few dodgy Motorolas in the past, but I really fancy that one at the bottom, looks lush.

Edited by Ally

I find the w800i a quality phone, only bastard thing was i dropped mine in a puddle when pissed so the camera and mp3 player are fooked :lol:

Guest Toplass-101

K800i

My contract on my W810i is nearly up, so Ive been looking at new phones. This one looks like the next muts nuts, its out the end of July.

Aye it looks canny that must admit, how much is that setting you back per month? Would never have thought that a 3 MP camera on a phone in such little time like, phones get so out-dated these days its hard to keep up.