The Togo Squad

Gemmill

Have a meeting tomorrow to decide whether to turn up for their game against Switzerland, as apparently they don't feel they're being paid enough money. If they don't turn up I would give the entire squad lifetime bans from professional football, the money-grabbing twats.

Players from the tiny West African country have demanded US$196,300 each to play and US$38,000 for each win, half that for each draw.

But officials from the country with an average per capita income of well below US$1,000 have said those demands are too high.

Does anyone know the specifics ?

i mean the togo players could be on £100 a man to play in each game  and £500 per game won or something

150446[/snapback]

The UK's GDP is 222 times that of Togo, so the figures Gemmill quotes above would be the equivalent of your lot asking for 44 million US each to play and about 9 million US per win. That might be a negotiating point, but still...

How much are the Togo FA making from the WC? For all we know the FA officials could me making a fortune from this while leaving the players with fuck all, its hard to judge them without knowing the facts.

I do agree with all the play for honour, your country, it should be about pride not money...

But on the other hand also agree that if they were promised something from their FA and won't be getting it, then they are right to protest.

Manouerving for more money tbh.

150615[/snapback]

Shock horror on English chat room that footballers want more money......Is is cause they is black and from a poor country? :lol:

I do agree with all the play for honour, your country, it should be about pride not money...

But on the other hand also agree that if they were promised something from their FA and won't be getting it, then they are right to protest.

150614[/snapback]

As far as I can gather, they are getting paid what they were supposed to. They're now using their involvement in the competition to try and get MORE money. I would seriously kick the lot of them out of football if they go ahead with it. See how they enjoy going back to Togo to earn the $1,000 per year average.

150615[/snapback]

Shock horror on English chat room that footballers want more money......Is is cause they is black and from a poor country? :lol:

150618[/snapback]

If the England squad threatened to refuse to play, I think there'd be a backlash.

150615[/snapback]

150618[/snapback]

If the England squad threatened to refuse to play, I think there'd be a backlash.

150620[/snapback]

They've had debates about it haven't they and Becks was the spokseman iirc.

Short memeories you lot.

150615[/snapback]

150618[/snapback]

150620[/snapback]

Short memeories you lot.

150623[/snapback]

Lot of the Togo lads don't have club contracts apparently as well. It is probably more a survival thing than we realise.

150615[/snapback]

150618[/snapback]

150620[/snapback]

Short memeories you lot.

150623[/snapback]

I don't remember them agreeing what they were going to be paid before a tournament then threatening to renege on that agreement and refuse to play during said tournament.

150615[/snapback]

150618[/snapback]

150620[/snapback]

Short memeories you lot.

150623[/snapback]

I don't remember them agreeing what they were going to be paid before a tournament then threatening to renege on that agreement and refuse to play during said tournament.

150627[/snapback]

No but there was a long old debate about bonuses and such like wasn't there? All I'm saying is that relatively speaking the Togo lads are probably desperate for cash unlike Becks and co...Who I would have play for free. There you go. :D

150615[/snapback]

150618[/snapback]

150620[/snapback]

Short memeories you lot.

150623[/snapback]

150627[/snapback]

No but there was a long old debate about bonuses and such like wasn't there? All I'm saying is that relatively speaking the Togo lads are probably desperate for cash unlike Becks and co...Who I would have play for free. There you go. :D

150631[/snapback]

I can sympathise with them but they're going about it the wrong way. Their behaviour is hardly likely to secure them contracts with top European sides is it?

150615[/snapback]

Shock horror on English chat room that footballers want more money......Is is cause they is black and from a poor country? :D

150618[/snapback]

150620[/snapback]

Short memeories you lot.

150623[/snapback]

150627[/snapback]

150631[/snapback]

I can sympathise with them but they're going about it the wrong way. Their behaviour is hardly likely to secure them contracts with top European sides is it?

150633[/snapback]

Parkington Industries is on standby to fly in weapons if the Tongolese boys are serious about revolution. :lol: