Jenas stories from Sunday Rags

Scottish Mag

The People

TOTTENHAM will have to stump up £10million in cash if they want Newcastle's unsettled midfielder Jermaine Jenas.

Spurs' hopes of landing the England star for £5m plus White Hart Lane striker Fredi Kanoute have been dashed.

The Geordies have made it clear they want the readies so they can pursue targets they've long identified, rather than be palmed off with a striker they had no designs on.

And to make matters worse for Spurs, Middlesbrough have also declared an interest in Jenas. They have the cash to net him and could throw in Mark Viduka as part of the deal.

However, Viduka's £60,000-a-week wages might scupper that idea.

Tottenham chairman Daniel Levy wants Jenas to be his major capture and to raise funds he is trying to flog Spurs striker Kanoute to Seville for £6m.

The Jenas camp are annoyed that Levy has yet to follow up his initial interest with a concrete bid.

It was Tottenham's sniffing that triggered the long-running Jenas saga at St James' Park. If Tottenham fail to come up with the £10m that Newcastle are demanding, they risk losing out on the player. Newcastle chairman Freddy Shepherd wants the cash to fund a renewed bid for Real Madrid striker Michael Owen.

But he has been half-hearted in moves for Nicolas Anelka and Luis Boa Morte in the past few days.

Newcastle were easily brushed off by Fenerbahce when they chased former Arsenal and Liverpool star Anelka.

They wanted a meeting but were snubbed. Yet insiders claim a £6m offer would get their man.

And the bid for Fulham's Boa Morte came from Newcastle's agent and was not put in writing, which has confused the Portuguese forward and the Craven Cottage club.

Ironically, Newcastle boss Graeme Souness, desperate to sign a new striker, would be happy with Kanoute in part-exchange for Jenas, but only if he could get a guarantee from his board that the cash part of the deal would be used to strengthen his squad.

BORO KEEN ON JENAS SWAP Aug 14 2005

Sunday Mirror

By Brian Mcnally

JERMAINE JENAS, the unsettled Newcastle United star, is wanted by North-East rivals Middlesbrough.

Boro are lining up a sensational swoop for the 22-year-old England international that could involve Australian striker Mark Viduka going in the opposite direction up the A19.

Newcastle insist they don't want to sell Jenas but the player is unhappy after describing life on Tyneside as "living in a goldfish bowl." Toon boss Graeme Souness is desperate to bring in at least two strikers after missing out on Fenerbahce's Nicholas Anelka and wants Viduka to spearhead his attack alongside veteran skipper Alan Shearer.

Boro's problem is coming up with the cash after splashing out £7.5million on Yakubu, but chairman Steve Gibson hopes a part-exchange deal involving Viduka could be the answer. Newcastle chairman Freddy Shepherd, meanwhile, has hit back at criticism of the club's failure to replace Craig Bellamy and Patrick Kluivert.

Newcastle go into today's opener at Arsenal with Shearer as the only available striker but Shepherd said: "I have provided Graeme Souness with £22million to spend since he arrived here 11 months ago. I have been accused of many things, but failing to back a Newcastle manager with hard cash is not one of them."

Serve him right if he ended up down the toxic city, can't see him going there though and if it means us ending up with Viduka i don't want him to go there.

11949[/snapback]

We just need Jenas out of the Club. Where he goes in immaterial. As long as the wonger comes in we shouldn't care one shit where he goes. He cares shit all for us and that should be recipricated.

We just need Jenas out of the Club. Where he goes in immaterial. As long as the wonger comes in we shouldn't care one shit where he goes. He cares shit all for us and that should be recipricated.

11952[/snapback]

Jenas is an utter turd. Where he should be palmed off on is anywhere BUT where he WANTS to go. Greedy overpaid underperforming bag of shit as he is. Souness reckons that other players in the England camp were telling him how much they were making. As if he isnt on enough - this is the same arsehole who was throwing scrunched up £20 notes at barstaff and shouting out "Double your wages" remember, while playing like a Hartlerpool reject. ;) Certain posters on here seemed to think this was just a bit of boyish behaviour, I saw it differently, as a more serious long term problem unless he got his act together, which he most certainly has NOT. So - guess whos being proved right on Mr Jenas ?

But while I'd laugh my socks off if he ended up in the Teeside Wastelands, the thought of that twat Viduka coming here fills me with horror. His wanting Viduka ;) is the main reason I am against Souness continuing as manager.

Serve him right if he ended up down the toxic city, can't see him going there though and if it means us ending up with Viduka i don't want him to go there.

11949[/snapback]

11952[/snapback]

;)

Where the fuck of you got that shite from?

11952[/snapback]

Jenas is an utter turd. Where he should be palmed off on is anywhere BUT where he WANTS to go. Greedy overpaid underperforming bag of shit as he is. Souness reckons that other players in the England camp were telling him how much they were making. As if he isnt on enough - this is the same arsehole who was throwing scrunched up £20 notes at barstaff and shouting out "Double your wages" remember, while playing like a Hartlerpool reject. ;) Certain posters on here seemed to think this was just a bit of boyish behaviour, I saw it differently, as a more serious long term problem unless he got his act together, which he most certainly has NOT. So - guess whos being proved right on Mr Jenas ?

But while I'd laugh my socks off if he ended up in the Teeside Wastelands, the thought of that twat Viduka coming here fills me with horror. His wanting Viduka ;) is the main reason I am against Souness continuing as manager.

11954[/snapback]

I thought that was Dyer ?

Whoever it was, they are both twats though. Agree with everything you say about the signal such things send out.

Bigger problem is the fact that Jeeenarse might also be annoyed his little mate is now on 80k a week....how many others at the club feel this way, and how many players we try to buy might want parity too.

11952[/snapback]

11954[/snapback]

Whoever it was, they are both twats though. Agree with everything you say about the signal such things send out.

Bigger problem is the fact that Jeeenarse might also be annoyed his little mate is now on 80k a week....how many others at the club feel this way, and how many players we try to buy might want parity too.

11958[/snapback]

i would love to know what dyer has done to deserve these massive wages, i mean no other club even wanted him.

The negotiations should have went something like this:

FS: Look Kieron you've caused us nothing but trouble since you came here, your performances haven't excatly set the world on fire and you spend a lot of time injured therefore the best we can offer you is £40'000 a week take it or leave it.

KD: Your taking the piss, haven't you read the papers, I'm kieron Dyer, full England International.

FS: Look you little cunt, no fucka's interested in you other than your shithouse cling on mates, Scholesy has scored more goals at st james park than you, what you got to say to that?

KD: It's not fair, It's not fair

FS: Well I'm afraid thats how it is and thats how it's going to be so if you don't like it fuck off back to ipswich because they are the only cunts interested in you. By the way i want a decision by this afternoon otherwise I'll get Bowyer to fuck you 'again' comprende.

Now fuck off!

11952[/snapback]

11954[/snapback]

11958[/snapback]

Didn't Dyer scrunch up £50's? Maybe Jenas was feeling a bit shot of cash when he did it, so it actaully was him scrunching up £20's?