Celebrity spotting

spongebob toonpants

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Did I ever tell you that I saw Keith Chegwin at Malmaison? :lol:

When I lived in Manc I was behind Jason Orange in the queue for a cashpoint and it wouldn't give him any money, and I looked after Mark Owens grandma on my ward.

I also met and spoke to Harold Shipman on a number of occasions.

Oh and Nora Batty an'all :D

I've seeeeeeeeen:

Matt Dillon shopping in Florence

Delroy Lindo (WHO?! :D ) in San Francisco

Rio (off Gladiators :D ) in Heathrow

Boumsong and N'Zog on a flight to Paris recently

Can't think of too many others though. :lol:

150775[/snapback]

Taught him everything he knows. :lol:

150777[/snapback]

Therefore you will do well not to cross me :D

150775[/snapback]

Taught him everything he knows. :D

150777[/snapback]

150778[/snapback]

Worryingly, I'm from the same city Shipman's from (Nottingham), attend the same medical school he did (Leeds), and lived in the same hall of residence he did. My auntie lives in Hyde, his former stamping ground as well. :lol:

150775[/snapback]

150777[/snapback]

150778[/snapback]

Worryingly, I'm from the same city Shipman's from (Nottingham), attend the same medical school he did (Leeds), and lived in the same hall of residence he did. My auntie lives in Hyde, his former stamping ground as well. :lol:

150785[/snapback]

Here's a tip for you then: Don't start your GP career as a doc in Todmorden, and if you do, don't steal Pethidine and self-inject it. Oh, but if you do, then it's okay cos it'll all be covered up and you can then go on to murder 300 people before anyone is suspicious of you....

150775[/snapback]

150777[/snapback]

Therefore you will do well not to cross me :icon_lol:

150778[/snapback]

150785[/snapback]

Here's a tip for you then: Don't start your GP career as a doc in Todmorden, and if you do, don't steal Pethidine and self-inject it. Oh, but if you do, then it's okay cos it'll all be covered up and you can then go on to murder 300 people before anyone is suspicious of you....

150786[/snapback]

Most useful careers advice yet tbh, cheers. :D

Mark Lamar was in the que at the check out at Morrison's in Lowestoft last year, he had a shopping trolly full of toilet paper and mineral water.

Seen several 'celebs' down the years like.

A lot of NUFC players past and present. Aside from that.....

Bobby Gillespie (Primal Scream singer) in a pub in Soho a few years ago.

Met Prince Philip when he and the Queen opened the North East Gymnastics Centre (based at my school) when I was 11.

Met Mani (ex Stone Roses, now Primal Scream bassist) at Stone Love.

Met Goldie Lookin Chain at Northumbria Uni Bulletproof Freshers special in September 2004.

Met Muse backstage (I was on the guestlist) at a JJ72 (remember them?) gig in London in 2001.

Brian Johnson (ACDC singer), who used to work at Parsons with my dad. My dad's in a band and he turns up at their gigs if he's back in town. Only met him a couple of times though.

That's all I can remember meeting or seeing first hand.

When I worked at Orange I spoke to one or two.

Jack Dee: I kept thinking he's gonna use some really sarcastic putdown, but he didn't.

Darren Day: Was an arsehole (didn't suprise me really, as I always had that impression).

And, most evil of all......

Marco Gabbiadini: The daft sod rang up because he was in Italy and his phone wouldn't work. Had he rang us to have his handset enabled for roaming before he left the UK? No. He'd just assumed it would be OK.

It wasn't. Ha!

Sat next to Jonny Wilkinson on the plane to Newcastle (when I went to see the Norwhich game we drew 2-2, Bellamy and O-brien putting us 2-0 up only for Bentley and Francis to score. :) And if you don't believe it, his autograph is in me wallet, hidden by a pic of the jorman lass :lol: )

Jimmy Carr walked past me in a service station (I was on the way to Sheffield)

I was inside a lift with BRENDAN SHANAHAN!!! :lol:

Saw squillions of NHLers from Buffalo Sabres and Detroit Red Wings in my hotel in Tampa at breakfast. I was in a que for a waffle with Chris Osgood and Kirk Maltby! :D

Ales Kotalik sat on the table next to me and nodded at me. :D

Looked to my left when I was in the car once and saw John Oster. :icon_lol:

Did I ever tell you that I saw Keith Chegwin at Malmaison?  :lol:

The story i got told was that you were 'called' to his Hotel room

:D

met

Sean Maguire,

Let Loose,

Sonia,

Nobby the Sheep

Jenny Powell

Saudi Ambassador in 1983

Ronald Reagans Cousin

Pavel Srnicek

Peter Beardsley

Keith Allen (what a fucking knob)

that fat bird who used to be in Emmerdale and then You've been Framed

The Real Sooty and Sweep and their controller blokey.

Load of really dull politican types.

Reuben (yeah I know you lot won't have heard of them but I like em)

Fran Healy (randomly cousins with a bloke who my mate went to Uni with and was there for lunch or something when I visited)

the bloke who played Ricky Gervais' manager in the office

probably s'more as well

Spoke with.......

Bobby Charlton... at England v United States 1959 in Los Angeles.

Clint Walker....at boat company I worked for.

George Best.....at his bar in Redondo Beach & at Anaheim Stadium.

Julie Andrews...was introduced to her at work because I was the token Englishman.

Buddy Ebsen.....met him at a filling station as we were pumping gas.

Lee J Cobb...at boat company I worked for.

Alan Young.....sat next to him at a football match in Costa Mesa, California.

Peter Beardsley...introduced to him after Eng. v Mex. match in Los Angeles.

Clyde Best...friends, played on the same over 35 league team in California 88-89

Rod Stewart....at over 35 England v Scotland football matches in So. California.

Jean Southern.. of Dirty Dusting, Byker Grove, & Cookson films, old friends.

Pele....met him at Anaheim Stadium when he played for the NY Cosmos.

Jackie Charlton....bumped into him in Newcastle.

Bobby Robson...introduced myself to him as he got out of his car at SJP, 2004.

Mike Mahoney..partied with him and went camping with him in So. California.

George Graham...played a couple of games for our local Pro team, Calif. Surf.

Bob McNab......friends when he lived in Huntington Beach.

There's some lesser known celebs too.

I was inside a lift with BRENDAN SHANAHAN!!!  :lol:

Saw squillions of NHLers from Buffalo Sabres and Detroit Red Wings in my hotel in Tampa at breakfast. I was in a que for a waffle with Chris Osgood and Kirk Maltby!  :D

Ales Kotalik sat on the table next to me and nodded at me.  :D

150827[/snapback]

Don't worry Brock, I know who these people are and appreciate it. :icon_lol: As an aside, my mam went to New York at the start of the year and went into the official Rangers shop to pick up some NHL stuff for me. Anyway, she comes back and says there was some bloke in there signing things and offered to sign a Rangers shirt for her to buy, but she didn't know who he was so didn't. Anyway, I showed her pictures of the squad and it turns out it was Jaromir Jagr. Useless bint.

Anyway, I have seen or met (non-NUFC):

Johnny Wilkinson in Tescos at Kingston Park, bought lots of Bacon that was on 2 for 1 special.

John Peel at Glastonbury, doing an early morning link for the BBC when I was on my way for a shit. Gave him a cringeworthy thumbs up. :)

Sinbad from Brookside, wanker. Nearly started a riot in our end at the match when he celebrated a Liverpool gola by standiong up and giving us all the Vs. Removed for his own safety, put into the Liverpool end (if he'd been you or me they would have locked him up) then went on Soccer AM a week later to claim he'd been sitting minding his own business when he'd been started on. Deserves a kicking, and I'm willing to volunteer.

I was at the counter paying my dentists bill - the one at the top of park road in wallsend - when in walks pedro with his wife and kids.

didnt even get the chance to say hello as they were all immediately ushered into another room.

He's really ickle tbh

Sat in the VIP section at Elland Road in 1995 for england vs sweden. On my row alone there was fergie, collymore, steve watson and robbie elliott.

On a plane to Heathrow the morning after the England vs Albania game i was sat next to wooly of the daily star and behind lineker and crookes amongst others. Wooly was writing the next mornings paper on his laptop and when i dared to look at his screen for a non second he took a mega huff and turned his whole body and laptop away from me!

Was in Snitch bar in New York with nicole ritchie, huey FLC and jamie discala or whatever shes called from sopranos.

My girlfriend also spotted samuel l jackson in times square but turns out it was a wax model. I dumped her when we got back.

Did I ever tell you that I saw Keith Chegwin at Malmaison?  :lol:

The story i got told was that you were 'called' to his Hotel room

:D

150831[/snapback]

*shudders*