Celebrity spotting

spongebob toonpants

NUFC aside, I saw Martine McCutcheon (sp?) in Harrods, Zoe Ball at Tribal Gathering (she's really good looking in real life), Sally off Home and Away in Tilleys, Tony Benn on the train to London, Dennis Law in Benidorm, Terry Butcher on a cruise (canny bloke), Morrissey in Manc (got his autograph) when he was still in The Smiths, Brian and Narinder from Big Brother in House of Fraser, the odd obscure DJ and probably a few more that I can't remember.

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Did I ever tell you that I saw Keith Chegwin at Malmaison?  :lol:

The story i got told was that you were 'called' to his Hotel room

:D

150831[/snapback]

*shudders*

150953[/snapback]

Was he that good? :D

Did I ever tell you that I saw Keith Chegwin at Malmaison?  :lol:

The story i got told was that you were 'called' to his Hotel room

:D

150831[/snapback]

*shudders*

150953[/snapback]

Was he that good? :D

150956[/snapback]

Even I'm not that desperate. :icon_lol:

I saw Julian Clary in Edinburgh, how could I forget that?

150959[/snapback]

Because he spent most of his time behind you? :lol:

150960[/snapback]

Jealous? :D

sat next to Kennet Anderson in the isostar sponsors lounge at St. James' against West Ham '93, same day that i met David Kelly

Edited by NobbySolano

That pic of Rooney you've got in your avatar is hideous.  Who talked him into that?! :lol:

150958[/snapback]

It was in The Sun :D

But i do believe it was Nike

Edited by Jonny2J

Spuggy off Byker Grove used to work in House of Fraser at the Metrocentre. Obviously this was just a temporary thing - she must have been inbetween acting assignments at the time.

Bobby Gillespie (Primal Scream singer) in a pub in Soho a few years ago.

150826[/snapback]

Was it The Ship in Wardour Street by any chance? That was a bit of a hang out for the Creation/Heavenly record labels in the early nineties. I once spent an afternoon in there with Bobby Gillespie Alan Magee The Gallaghers Tim Burgess and Sarah Cracknell

150826[/snapback]

Was it The Ship in Wardour Street by any chance? That was a bit of a hang out for the Creation/Heavenly record labels in the early nineties. I once spent an afternoon in there with Bobby Gillespie Alan Magee The Gallaghers Tim Burgess and Sarah Cracknell

151023[/snapback]

Sounds like a canny afternoon out, although Magee always came across as a right dour get in interviews.

150826[/snapback]

151023[/snapback]

I'm not sure, it could have been. But it wasn't as long ago as that. More like 5 years ago.

150826[/snapback]

151023[/snapback]

Sounds like a canny afternoon out, although Magee always came across as a right dour get in interviews.

151024[/snapback]

Err quite the contrary, he ensured it was all very "lively"

150826[/snapback]

151023[/snapback]

151024[/snapback]

Err quite the contrary, he ensured it was all very "lively"

151028[/snapback]

I'm assuming that's a drugs reference. *tuts loudly* :lol:

151023[/snapback]

Mmmm...Sarah Cracknell. :lol:

I saw Beverly Knight in Fenwicks ages ago, she's one attractive lady in the flesh like. Cheryl Tweedy was at an event I helped organise along with Ashley Fucking Cole, I went over to talk to him and when I got within 2 yards he fell to the floor holding his shin...

Seen loads of nufc players, notable metions go to John Gallagher who was the first NUFC player I ever met and to Keiron Dyer - slumped against a wall in Baja with 4 huge blokes guarding him. I also once saw him get a lass chucked out of there claiming she'd hoyed a drink at him.

There's a lass from Consett who used to be in Byker Grove. Seen her around in Summer and at Christmas. My mate tried to pull her on Boxing Day but got pretty much nowhere apart from sharing a taxi with her. Apparently she goes to Uni in Manchester.

Once met Frank Bruno and a Tyne Tees telethon. Met Pav once in the Metro Centre and got Harpers autograph when he was a young un, they sent a team to play a pre-season friendly with a non league side. I think Keegan even played, but can't really remember.Used to get the same bus as Anthony Hutton when I went to New College at Durham. Was a prick then aswell.

Edit: I also shook Gary Speeds hand and talked to Nobby in Chase once. That was years ago, probably around 2000-2001.

Edited by The Mighty Hog

Just remembered: Sporty Spice was on the same plane as me (and Terry Butcher as it happened) on my way out to my hols last summer. She sat in first class while her mates were in the cheap seats :lol:

151023[/snapback]

Mmmm...Sarah Cracknell. :lol:

151034[/snapback]

If by any chnance any of you have a copy of the 100th edition of Marie Claire there is a picture of Cracknell and Toonpants at a party in Amsterdam :D

Edited by spongebob toonpants

Last night James Cosmo was at the cinema I work in for a charity event.

At this same cinema I've served Aberdeen greats such as David Robertson and Scott Booth as well as former Elgin players Andy Smith, Paul Napier, Iain Vigurs, Phil Reid and Martin Pirie. I met Billy Dodds at a school safety event once.

I've spoken, and bowled, to Rahul Dravid and Mike Atherton as well as a few of the guys who will be in the Scotland squad for the World Cup.

I've met Girls Aloud several times. I've briefly met Rachel Stevens and I've interviewed Clea.

Guest GeordieMessiah

Met Jack Dee when I was working at the Edinburgh Fringe in the early 1990s - his agent introduced me, and all Jack could say was "Christ, you're a big c***" :lol:

Also met Lenny Henry, Ben & Sophie Elton, Hugh Laurie, Robbie Coltrane, Ade Edmondson, Jennifer Saunders when Lenny was playing a Jazz gig at the Queen's Hall, Edinburgh - Mr Laurie didn't like my appalling impression of Lt. George from Blackadder IV

Also met:

Mark Lamarr - he was sleeping in the upper tier during a Peter Kay gig the year Kay won the Perrier award, and I had to wake him up

Bob Mortimer - who was there with Lamarr that night, but was getting mortal in the bar

Jo Brand

Phil Jupitus

Emo Phillips

Rodney Bewes - from Likely Lads

Met Peter Beardsley coming out of Peter's Bakery on New Elvet, Durham on his way to the training ground in 1992

Jimmy Hill at Edinburgh Airport on Go flight to Stansted - and the bugger took my extra legroom seat on the flight as well...