England v Sweden

Gemmill

Your predictions, ladies and gentleman, please.

I'm going for a 3-1 win. England to beat the blond puffs for the first time since 1968! :lol:

I'm also boldly predicting that Walcott will come on and score a late goal, with Owen and Lampard grabbing the others for England. How's that for precision?

I gather the kid with the pigtail isn't going to be playing, so my hopes for that to be ripped off along with a piece of his scalp have been put on hold. :D

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I fancy a draw. Hopefully we might play well though. As long as we get a point the performance is more important I reckon, as a win or draw will see us top the group.

Are you fools forgetting that the greatest player in the world ever to see fit to ever kick a football ever EVER is starting the game? :lol:

150939[/snapback]

I thought Crouch was going to be dropped.

Are you fools forgetting that the greatest player in the world ever to see fit to ever kick a football ever EVER is starting the game? :lol:

150939[/snapback]

Boris Johnson didn't get called up tbh.

Your predictions, ladies and gentleman, please.

I'm going for a 3-1 win.  England to beat the blond puffs for the first time since 1968!  :lol:

I'm also boldly predicting that Walcott will come on and score a late goal, with Owen and Lampard grabbing the others for England.  How's that for precision?

I gather the kid with the pigtail isn't going to be playing, so my hopes for that to be ripped off along with a piece of his scalp have been put on hold. :D

150927[/snapback]

1-0 England win. They will defend like cnuts to be sure as they always do and huff and puff a lot.

I honestly think we'll give Sweden a hiding from hell, 3 or 4 nil - they're not the same outfit they used to be....

Sadly, this will result in the press going overboard saying that we've beaten the Swedes for the first time in god knows how long and suddenly they'll have us capable of beating everyone and that we might as well take the trophy home now! (even more so than already!)

If Germany can't beat Ecuador they won't win the tournament tbh. :lol:

Looking at how the draw could shape up, I'd almost prefer Germany in the Second Round. I don't think England will get past Holland or Argentina in the QFs, so it would be nice to have at least knocked the Jormans out.

How long did it take you to type that?! You've been crafting that little nugget for about 10 minutes. It's the message board equivalent of straining for ages on the bog and producing a tiny pebble turd. :lol:

How long did it take you to type that?!  You've been crafting that little nugget for about 10 minutes.  It's the message board equivalent of straining for ages on the bog and producing a tiny pebble turd. :lol:

151032[/snapback]

I have to channel into lay lines (or summat) when I'm predicting footie scores. It's like a shamen-esque transe.

That and I keep getting interrupted by work.

0-0 though. As good as FACT. Hill's would stop taking bets if they had someone monitoring this site.

I'm predicting a 1 - 0 win for us, I suspect it will be a boring game with us defending for the most part and I would like to see Walcott get the nod and have a canny game but I highly doubt that Sven will give him the chance.

I would rather play Germany

151085[/snapback]

I can see where you're coming from, Ecuador have looked canny. But I think you'd be a barnpot to want to play Germany, in Germany. It's like saying you'd rather get an average looking Man U away in the third round of the FA cup than a good Norwich.

If needs be I'd start banging in the own goals to avoid Germany.

No way would I want the Germans in the next round. As someone stated, it's like having the choice between facing an average-looking Man Utd or an in-form second division team.

Ecuador will suit England's style of play, they play an attacking game with two out-and-out forwards and I'm sure England would have no problems at all against them.

Would rather play Ecuador on the basis that England always lose to the first big team they play in the knockout phase :lol:

I'm expecting more boring dross, shit tactics, mindless negative substitutions.

Probably a draw, maybe a defeat, at best a late winner against the run of play.