Official Match thread: Arsenal V Newcastle

Scottish Mag

That wasn't at all bad. I was expecting a drubbing and us to be embarrassed, but we battled well and deserved a draw. The Jenas sending off and the penalty were both harsh decisions. I think Souness was wrong to take off Shearer. When you're battling like that, that's when Shearer is very handy to have, for his presence and experience. He'll let people kick him if it means holding onto the ball, and that's what you need.

But overall, not at all bad.

have to admit, i got the result right (predicted 2-0).

However i was suprised how we played really wellin first half. We might actually score against lesser teams.

Aresenal werent at their best, but still animpressive display by us.......we certainly silenced the gunner fans for a while!

WAS PESSIMISTIC BEFORE GAME ABOUT NEW SEASON good STYLE,

BUT WE GET THE STRIKER OR STRIKERS , AND LEFT BACK WE NEED ,

WE WILL DO WELL, I KNOW WAS ONLY 1ST GAME OF SEASON BUT IF THAT MIDFIELD IS WHAT WE HAVE TO LOOK FORWARD TOO ALL LOOKS WELL ,

good AS ANY IN PREM I THINK ,MAYBE EXCLUDING CHELSEA .

EVER FAITHFUL MAG

EDDIE :D

I expected worse.......

For once the stewards actually contributed to my enjoyment of a game. The ones stood near me were funny as hell, as were the 2 French blokes I was stood beside. They were SO excited. :D

WAS PESSIMISTIC BEFORE GAME ABOUT NEW SEASON  good STYLE,

BUT WE GET THE STRIKER OR STRIKERS , AND LEFT BACK WE NEED ,

WE WILL DO WELL, I KNOW WAS ONLY 1ST GAME OF SEASON BUT IF THAT MIDFIELD IS WHAT WE HAVE TO LOOK FORWARD TOO ALL LOOKS WELL ,

good AS ANY IN PREM I THINK ,MAYBE EXCLUDING CHELSEA .

EVER FAITHFUL MAG

EDDIE :D

12847[/snapback]

Doesn't it worry you that we didn't create one single chance?

I expected worse and if we have the display we got on Sat from our players then things feel better already, would be awesome if we have someone to play alongside wor Al.

Obviousley the fitness has to come but Parker, Boun, Talyor,Emre & Given looked solid.

Doesn't it worry you that we didn't create one single chance?

12856[/snapback]

Very much so, but playing a team like arsenal +ref and linesman how many would you expect to get? especially with 10men

To be honest, I think the only difference in quality between the two sides was they had Henry and we had Shearer. There's nothing to choose between the defensive & midfield units IMO.

12170[/snapback]

I know you're ever the optimist but surely you can't be serious? I thought Henry had a real off day as well to be honest.