Remember Black & White Day

thenorthumbrian

I left for holiday the day after the testimonial so didn't see this last time. Did people actually observe it, or did the council just stick a few black and white ribbons about the place?

I just don't really see the point. I didn't when it was linked with Shearer's testimonial, and there seems even less point to making it an annual event.

Besides I'm too busy campaigning for the return of the Lindisfarne Gospels to concern myself with this. :lol:

If it's for charity then I don't see the harm, although the Chronicle wankfest was way ott. Also, supporters from other teams who live in the area should be allowed to wear their strips..ie mackems, smoggies, plastic mancs etc..

I don't see the point either....

If we'd won something perhaps, then maybe there's a reason for it but what exactly are we celebrating??

52,000 fans have a 'black and white day' every other week during football season anyway!

On the supposed Black & White Day I saw about 2 people in Newcastle shirts - everyone else had probably put theirs in the wash after Shearer's testimonial the day before.

And the decorations on Grey's Monument and the Theatre Royal looked really gay.