well f*cky f*cky f*ck f*ck

Tom_NUFC

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So you dont think we'l be signing any forwards?

Or do you just mean for the 1st Intertoto game?

I think we have to accept that Owen will be in and out of the team all season. Its for that reason I reckon we need no less than two new forwards.

So you dont think we'l be signing any forwards?

Or do you just mean for the 1st Intertoto game?

I think we have to accept that Owen will be in and out of the team all season.      Its for that reason I reckon we need no less than two new forwards.

151351[/snapback]

well, lets hope we do!

Wish we'd spent the £16.5M on other strikers tbh.

We could of probably got Ashton and Kuyt at that price!

151354[/snapback]

Hind sight is a wonderful thing isn't it !

This might be better news than it first appears, certainly if its only a minor injury, it looks like Owen will still be a Newcastle United player come the 1st of September ! if its a injury that sees him sit out the rest of the World cup but is fit for the start of the Premiership it could be to our advantage.

If it isn't we are fucked.

Wish we'd spent the £16.5M on other strikers tbh.

We could of probably got Ashton and Kuyt at that price!

151354[/snapback]

Hind sight is a wonderful thing isn't it !

This might be better news than it first appears, certainly if its only a minor injury, it looks like Owen will still be a Newcastle United player come the 1st of September ! if its a injury that sees him sit out the rest of the World cup but is fit for the start of the Premiership it could be to our advantage.

If it isn't we are fucked.

151376[/snapback]

About the only good thing to come out of this is that we won't now lose him in this transfer window. The bad thing obviously being that I don't think we'll be seeing him in black and white until some time around the New Year.

Having said that, when do the Euro 2008 qualifiers start? :lol:

Fuck.

I'm gutted for Owen as well.

151395[/snapback]

I'm not. He's been injured playing for the only team he cares about. Meanwhile we are going to stuck with his extortionate wages while he suns himself. The sooner he fucks off the better imo, and he can take Dyer with him.

Renton man, the lad fell badly and knackered his knee at a World Cup. The sight of him crawling off the pitch in agony was pathetic. I don't really understand how you could have no sympathy at all for him, although I admit my primary concern is for Newcastle and not for Owen's state of mind.

Renton man, the lad fell badly and knackered his knee at a World Cup.  The sight of him crawling off the pitch in agony was pathetic.  I don't really understand how you could have no sympathy at all for him, although I admit my primary concern is for Newcastle and not for Owen's state of mind.

151402[/snapback]

Alright, I'm being harsh and unfair, but I really feel resentment over the fact that he has made it abundantly clear England is his priority. Meanwhile, we foot the bill. This is devestating news for NUFC - I feel the season is over before it's started. As you know I couldn't give a fuck about England or Owen's aspirations for the national team. The only thing I care about is NUFC, and for whatever reasons, be it bad luck or mis-management, the Owen signing is proving to be a disaster.

Also as regards sympathy, I reserve that for normal people who have to struggle to get by when they are sick, not to people who are earning !20 grand a week with the best medical help money can buy. We idolise these players like they are some kind of Gods, that they're pain is worse than us mere mortals. We forgive twattish behaviour like Rooney's last night on the basis "we can't understand what it must be like". Well yeah, it must be really hard to be financially secure by the age of 20 making a living out of what you love most. :lol:

Renton man, the lad fell badly and knackered his knee at a World Cup.  The sight of him crawling off the pitch in agony was pathetic.  I don't really understand how you could have no sympathy at all for him, although I admit my primary concern is for Newcastle and not for Owen's state of mind.

151402[/snapback]

Alright, I'm being harsh and unfair, but I really feel resentment over the fact that he has made it abundantly clear England is his priority. Meanwhile, we foot the bill. This is devestating news for NUFC - I feel the season is over before it's started. As you know I couldn't give a fuck about England or Owen's aspirations for the national team. The only thing I care about is NUFC, and for whatever reasons, be it bad luck or mis-management, the Owen signing is proving to be a disaster.

Also as regards sympathy, I reserve that for normal people who have to struggle to get by when they are sick, not to people who are earning !20 grand a week with the best medical help money can buy. We idolise these players like they are some kind of Gods, that they're pain is worse than us mere mortals. We forgive twattish behaviour like Rooney's last night on the basis "we can't understand what it must be like". Well yeah, it must be really hard to be financially secure by the age of 20 making a living out of what you love most. :lol:

151408[/snapback]

I don't buy the argument that because they've got a lot of money you can't feel sympathy for them tbh - they live their lives in a completely different context to the rest of us, but it doesn't mean they don't feel disappointment within that context. I felt bad for Cisse too when he broke his leg two days before the tournament started and he doesn't play for England OR Newcastle.

I agree that this puts our coming season at risk, and whatever Roeder had planned as transfer targets this summer has just taken a drastic change. I just hope we'll look at some loan prospects for once - other teams do it but we seem to have an aversion. This would seem to be the perfect scenario to get someone in on loan until Christmas or whatever, on top of the signings we need to make.

Tough shit, the moment I saw the replay I knew that is cruciate ligaments are gone. That's six months out. Will be interesting if FIFA or England will pay any compensation so that we can buy a replacement when we normally should only have signed a partner.

Twattish behaviour? Showing disappointment at England playing like crap and for being prevented from doing anything more about it?

I wish our players behaved like 'twats' more often.

You don't half talk some shit at times Renton.

Twattish behaviour? Showing disappointment at England playing like crap and for being prevented from doing anything more about it?

151417[/snapback]

He acted like a petulant child. For God's sake, he's supposed to be a grown up. If I went round kicking desks everytime something went wrong for me at work, what do you think people would say? This is the perfect illustration how people think that it is acceptable for footballers to behave below the normal levels of common decency. I may talk shit at times, but I find you highlighting that particualr sentence astounding.

Isegrim, I understand that because he was injured for England, we stand to get no money from our insurance - is this correct?

151417[/snapback]

He acted like a petulant child. For God's sake, he's supposed to be a grown up. If I went round kicking desks everytime something went wrong for me at work, what do you think people would say? This is the perfect illustration how people think that it is acceptable for footballers to behave below the normal levels of common decency. I may talk shit at times, but I find you highlighting that particualr sentence astounding.

151421[/snapback]

If you screamed "YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEES!!! FUCKING GET IIIIIIIIIIIN!!!" and ran to the corner of the room and did a robot dance every time something went right at work, I suspect your colleagues would have something to say too. :lol:

Are you getting how being a professional footballer and being a medical writer doesn't really bear comparison? ;) It's nothing to do with common decency and everything to do with things being taken in context - he was annoyed and he showed it with a petulant strop. It looked a bit silly, but I wouldn't have said it was outside of the realms of decency or anything. :D

151417[/snapback]

Isegrim, I understand that because he was injured for England, we stand to get no money from our insurance - is this correct?

151421[/snapback]

I take it back, you're right, I'd much prefer the likes of Nicky Butt to behave in a quiet and polite manner, both on and off the pitch.

151421[/snapback]

I don't know, probably depends on the policy. I only read the other day that this year is the first time FIFA agreed to pay some sort of compensation for players who injure themselves during the tournament. It's financed by a fund or something like that. Anyway, just avoiding to pay Owen's enormous wages would be healthy for Newcastle's finances...