What now?

DavB93

Hi all,

This is my first topic on the board so be nice, so Owen is out for 5 months. What do you think Roeder and Freddy will do now, go for broke and bring in top quality players ie. Torres, Toni or go for old past there best players.

We really need 3 new strikers in my eyes.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Would like kuyt and saviola, what about a deal for Torres involving Luque going the other way.

Apparently Anelka has turned down Portsmouth but still looking for a move to the Preimership so watch this space.

aye id have anelka at the minute as well. we have zero chance of getting torres after this world cup. hel cost £25mil and hel go to a champions league club without doubt.

Saviola is unwanted by both his clubs and still looks a good player to me. hed be the first name on the wanted list for me

Tevez and Torres please.

Get real people.

151558[/snapback]

The only unreal prospect proposed in this thread is Torres.

151560[/snapback]

Toni?

Nihat? (considering he's just moved clubs)

How much do you think people like Bent and Ashton would cost anyway? And why would Saviola come here?

I reckon we'll end up with Defoe and someone like Viduka/Hasselbaink.

According to the Spurs ITK on N-O, Shepherd's already been onto the blower to them this morning asking about Defoe. Could be bollocks though, obviously.

Talk of Torres, Toni, Tevez, Saviola etc. is pie in the sky (Saviola is a possibility on loan, but unlikely). I'm not even sure we're in with a chance of Kuyt. Seriously, if you convince yourself we should be getting these sort of people in, you're setting yourself up for a massive disappointment because it just isn't going to happen.

one thing for sure is that we need a couple of strikers sharpish and preferably a couple with pace to burn. at least we've got a manager with a proven track record in the transfer market :lol:

i'm absolutely gutted for for owen, and us obviously. we're cursed

Tevez and Torres please.

Get real people.

151558[/snapback]

The only unreal prospect proposed in this thread is Torres.

151560[/snapback]

Toni?

Nihat? (considering he's just moved clubs)

How much do you think people like Bent and Ashton would cost anyway? And why would Saviola come here?

151561[/snapback]

I didn't see someone had mentioned Toni. And did you read what I wrote after the Nihat suggestion?

According to the Spurs ITK on N-O, Shepherd's already been onto the blower to them this morning asking about Defoe.  Could be bollocks though, obviously.

Talk of Torres, Toni, Tevez, Saviola etc. is pie in the sky (Saviola is a possibility on loan, but unlikely).  I'm not even sure we're in with a chance of Kuyt.  Seriously, if you convince yourself we should be getting these sort of people in, you're setting yourself up for a massive disappointment because it just isn't going to happen.

151562[/snapback]

Agree with that post - Defoe could be a possibility, especially as he's not going to Liverpool now. It's going to be harder to attract the top players without the prospect of playing alongside Owen now anyway.

Chopra back on loan? :lol:

According to the Spurs ITK on N-O, Shepherd's already been onto the blower to them this morning asking about Defoe.  Could be bollocks though, obviously.

Talk of Torres, Toni, Tevez, Saviola etc. is pie in the sky (Saviola is a possibility on loan, but unlikely).  I'm not even sure we're in with a chance of Kuyt.  Seriously, if you convince yourself we should be getting these sort of people in, you're setting yourself up for a massive disappointment because it just isn't going to happen.

151562[/snapback]

defoe would be the ideal and obvious replacement. he'd be a great addition. we could do worse than get him in alongside someone like fatty viduka. then play defoe and one other from viduka, shola and luque.

Are people joking about Viduka, or have I missed something? I let the Hartson one go as a clear whoosh though.

151575[/snapback]

As a stop-gap I think he's an option. Either someone like that (Hasselbaink is another option) or a youngster on loan from somewhere is our best option for our second striker signing.

to be fair freddy has proved time and time again he can get in unlikely players.

owen

kluivert

luque

emre

parker

people said similar things about our chances of getting them. Saviola would come to us cos hes been available for 2 years now and still no one has put down the cash. we would.

kujt is looking more likely by his poor world cup so far

as for hartson, mcbride and roberts. Id rather get shearer back out of retirement!

Are people joking about Viduka, or have I missed something? I let the Hartson one go as a clear whoosh though.

151575[/snapback]

As a stop-gap I think he's an option. Either someone like that (Hasselbaink is another option) or a youngster on loan from somewhere is our best option for our second striker signing.

151578[/snapback]

Ok, own up, I'm missing the joke, right? :lol:

151575[/snapback]

151578[/snapback]

come on gemmill. we dont need to be raiding the boro subs bench just yet! there are plenty of decent strikers available for the right price. i reckon freddy willcome through for us

151575[/snapback]

151578[/snapback]

come on gemmill. we dont need to be raiding the boro subs bench just yet! there are plenty of decent strikers available for the right price. i reckon freddy willcome through for us

151582[/snapback]

Chris Sutton? :lol:

I'm serious - we have to be strengthening other areas too, and we can't be signing "decent strikers" who'll just be sat on the bench picking up wages the minute Owen's back. We need a short term option alongside the main partner that we're signing for him.

I'm not suggesting that Viduka or Hasselbaink are my dream strikers, but we have to be sensible and take a pragmatic approach here IMO.

How much would Klose cost?  What ever we do we need to act quick I think.

151585[/snapback]

He's currently the top scorer at the WC, so he's not gonna be cheap. Not to mention the fact that he wouldn't be interested in coming to Newcastle.