What now?

DavB93

i think you just equalled that one mate. anyway, if we had signed larsson after celtic like i said we wouldnt be in this mess. Im pretty sure you and gol both said he was past it!?

but besides that, i dont think hasslebaink will be getting near double figures next season.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

How much would Klose cost?  What ever we do we need to act quick I think.

151585[/snapback]

He's currently the top scorer at the WC, so he's not gonna be cheap. Not to mention the fact that he wouldn't be interested in coming to Newcastle.

151591[/snapback]

hes shit anyway. hes had a good couple of games but hes done nowt else in his career.

i think you just equalled that one mate. anyway, if we had signed larsson after celtic like i said we wouldnt be in this mess. Im pretty sure you and gol both said he was past it!?

but besides that, i dont think hasslebaink will be getting near double figures next season.

151592[/snapback]

Oh did I? :lol:

Pretty sure between us and Barca, he'd have come to us, right?

151592[/snapback]

He's a stop-gap man! You'd be looking to Defoe to get double figures and Hasselbaink to hold the fort til Owen's back. Like I keep saying, I'm not saying he's a wonder-striker, I'm saying that we're slightly screwed at the minute and have to come up with a plan that doesn't involve forking out a load of cash.

I don't remember commenting on Larsson tbh, but I might be wrong.

151592[/snapback]

151596[/snapback]

well we were rumoured to be in for him in the january transfer window before barca showed an interest, but freddy obviously saw your thoughts on him and thought better of it :D

151592[/snapback]

151596[/snapback]

well we were rumoured to be in for him in the january transfer window before barca showed an interest, but freddy obviously saw your thoughts on him and thought better of it :D

151599[/snapback]

I'd be happy to admit I was wrong if you find a link to me even commenting on it ;)

Our options as far as I see them are to sign one player such as Kuyt (although Anal doesn't like him now) and then go either for someone like Hasslebank or look for someone in the lower divisions such as Trundle or Eastwood who will be hungry and might have a chance of making it. Another option is to go for some unproven foreigner but we stuggle enough with big money ones so I can't see us managing to find anyone half decent cheap.

You don't know if Trundle or Eastwood would make it, nobody thought Andy Cole when we bought him from Bristol would make it.

What about Nugent, we can name a million and one players but nobody knows who Freddy and Roeder have in mind...we might be all very surprised.

:lol:

Neither Eastwood or Trundle are good enough for the Premiership.

151700[/snapback]

Tbh all I've seen of either of them is through Showboat on Soccer AM. But their records suggest they might be worth risking a few hundred thousand since I can't see us having much more than that available. Nugent might well be a better bet.

I think we need to buy 1 very good forward who settles in straight away and hope that Luque has a good season in order for us to be pushing top six next season. Otherwise we've got a fight to stay top half.

Hi all,

This is my first topic on the board so be nice, so Owen is out for 5 months. What do you think Roeder and Freddy will do now, go for broke and bring in top quality players ie. Torres, Toni or go for old past there best players.

We really need 3 new strikers in my eyes.

151547[/snapback]

PANIC!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm not his biggest fan, but Alex Frei, Switzerland's main striker and currently at Rennes, is looking for a move and wouldn't be expensive seeing as his contract expires next year. He's strongly rumoured to join Borussia Dortmund after the World Cup, but apparently no deal has been done yet.

Wouldn't be the worst option in the world.

Season Apps Goals Team

2005 - 2006 23 7 rennes France

2004 - 2005 36 19 Rennes France

2003 - 2004 28 19 Rennes France

2002 - 2003 13 1 Rennes France

2002 - 2003 19 13 Servette Switzerland

2001 - 2002 33 17 Servette Switzerland

2000 - 2001 12 6 Servette Switzerland

2000 - 2001 21 4 FC Lucerne Switzerland

1999 - 2000 32 13 FC Lucerne Switzerland

1998 - 1999 32 6 FC Thun Switzerland

1997 - 1998 11 1 FC Basel Switzerland

Quite a good record for Frei. Also currently wears number 9 for Rennes. :lol:

Am I the only one who rates Viduka? I think he's quality.

151889[/snapback]

In the chronicle Anal Oliver suggested picking up Hasslebank if he's leaving the smogs, and in our situation on a free i think its a good idea, because we are completely lacking in strikers now and we have to pick somebody up free/cheap as well as buying a more expensive striker.

Agreeing with Anal Oliver, whatever next!

Am I the only one who rates Viduka? I think he's quality.

151889[/snapback]

In the chronicle Anal Oliver suggested picking up Hasslebank if he's leaving the smogs, and in our situation on a free i think its a good idea, because we are completely lacking in strikers now and we have to pick somebody up free/cheap as well as buying a more expensive striker.

Agreeing with Anal Oliver, whatever next!

151891[/snapback]

It seems though if Shepherd can be believed that getting a replacement for Shearer was always on the agenda, so the plan was always to get a striker before Owen's injury, that doesn't sound like Shepherd and Roeder need to tear up the script.