We're going to pay dearly for not buying

Phil K

with no forwards to take pressure off the defence, expect more like today. Most teams won't move so well as Arsenal did though.

A negative team sent out to contain the opposition will never do, shades of Wembley 98. If they had scored earlier it would have been more.

Absolute crap.

Haven't got a clue to be honest, just thought I'd have a go at this stating of opinions like it's just been approved by the House of Commons malarky.

Ooh it is thrilling.

Still I'm upbeat after that performance, I refuse to get pissed off by Mr. Bennett - we all know that refs and the administration are ruining the game so I watch with that caveat in mind - this shite is going to happen and we know it. I'll still do 15 years for him if he ever passes within my grasp though.

so I watch with that caveat in mind - this shite is going to happen and we know it.  I'll still do 15 years for him if he ever passes within my grasp though.

12092[/snapback]

Thats the thing though - it keeps happening to us. Arsenhole and Moan U have a decision go against them and the rags and BBC scream like fans ! So they get preferential treatment (I believe Mourinho has said this too) Remember the furore in the rags and BBC over Graham Poll having the audacity to be fair at Highbury when we won 3-1 ? I mean - the stinking BBC even tried to make a point that Robert being brought down FROM BEHIND by Campbell, IN THE PENALTY AREA was not a pen !!!!!! We have barely got a free kick since at Highbury. Oddly enough, the best refereeing we have had since is from Poll.

As for that twat Bennett - wasnt he responsible for some atrocious refereeing at Smogland last season too ?

Edited by Phil K

"you will be AMAZED at who we sign...."

and we all thought it meant he was going to buy someone (anyone)...............

Now I understand how WOodgate went toReal

"Would I lie to you about his state of fitness??"

Edited by Rob W

I don't think we'll sign Boa Morte, Anelka or Owen. I think NUFC can afford them but Fulham and Fenerbahce won't sell and Owen won't come. If any of them was going to happen they would have by now.

Its been highlighted today we need a decent left back and a striker.

Although we did well in midfield when we need to change things we dont have the option.

Baba was shite today.

12024[/snapback]

I thought Baba looked solid. Carr was awful though.

Although we did well in midfield when we need to change things we dont have the option.

Baba was shite today.

12024[/snapback]

12348[/snapback]

Not like me to agree with you, but.... I agree!

Still think that he was probably just trying to impress his Landern mates though [edit: I mean Baba].

When people keep harping on about us needing a left back, they should look at our right back. Carr is shit, and injured almost as much as Baba (why sell Hughes, why?). I've got an awaful feeling that Taylor will be used as "cover" for our full backs a lot this season - what a waste. :D

Edited by Renton

Baba was shite today.

12024[/snapback]

12348[/snapback]

Still think that he was probably just trying to impress his Landern mates though [edit: I mean Baba].

When people keep harping on about us needing a left back, they should look at our right back. Carr is shit, and injured almost as much as Baba (why sell Hughes, why?). I've got an awaful feeling that Taylor will be used as "cover" for our full backs a lot this season - what a waste. :D

12360[/snapback]

As long as Bramble is in the team I'd be happier with Taylor at RB than Carr to be honest. It's not Taylors best position obviously, but Carr is proving to be a liability as far as I'm concerned.

Baba was shite today.

12024[/snapback]

12348[/snapback]

12360[/snapback]

As long as Bramble is in the team I'd be happier with Taylor at RB than Carr to be honest. It's not Taylors best position obviously, but Carr is proving to be a liability as far as I'm concerned.

12381[/snapback]

I'd take that too. At the moment I think I'd rather have Craig Moore at right back than Carr.

I think both of our fullbacks are suffering from not having a clue who's (if anyone) going to be on the flank in front of them. If we could keep a settled team I think they would improve a lot.

I agree Carr is becoming worrying though!