Pass the vasoline.

Zathras

Don't start that :lol:

You weren't good enough, simple as :D

152260[/snapback]

True we played well below what we're capable of, but I'd like for once not to lose on a completely bullshit penalty.

Don't start that :lol:

You weren't good enough, simple as :D

152260[/snapback]

True we played well below what we're capable of, but I'd like for once not to lose on a completely bullshit penalty.

152261[/snapback]

I'd rather another African team had a chance to be there than the absolute dross that that is GoUsa. Australia and the like. Miss Cameroon and Nigeria etc.

Those FIFA world rankings really are a joke, how can the US, fielding Championship players and with their best player a clobber from Fulham be one of the best teams in the world?

Guest CrimsonFault
Those FIFA world rankings really are a joke, how can the US, fielding Championship players and with their best player a clobber from Fulham be one of the best teams in the world?

152453[/snapback]

They usually play gash teams like Venezuela in nothing friendlies which up their ranking.

Fucking repulsive - especially as they have a half decent coach.

152453[/snapback]

They usually play gash teams like Venezuela in nothing friendlies which up their ranking.

152473[/snapback]

The rankings are a joke and we all know it, still not our fault.

The players showed absolutely no heart except against Italy. We absolutely dominated right up until we reached the runup to the cup when we stopped playing decent teams and looked very poor. This US team has a history of playing up or down to the opposition and they played down to their friendly opponents and carried it into the cup.

On the other hand, if that penalty doesn't get called all the momentum is swung our way and Ghana can't spent 45 minutes with 10 men behind the ball and wasting time on the ground like they did. Very disappointing result from both the players and the officials.

Its cause the us play every week man,

the fifa rankings have allways been a joke

Mexico and USA are shite : fact

mexico are better like.

teams should be able to challenge other teams in the ranking for there place - cause then if the ranking are true a lowly team like england couldnt hack the flair of the US

Guest CrimsonFault

152453[/snapback]

152473[/snapback]

The rankings are a joke and we all know it, still not our fault.

The players showed absolutely no heart except against Italy. We absolutely dominated right up until we reached the runup to the cup when we stopped playing decent teams and looked very poor. This US team has a history of playing up or down to the opposition and they played down to their friendly opponents and carried it into the cup.

On the other hand, if that penalty doesn't get called all the momentum is swung our way and Ghana can't spent 45 minutes with 10 men behind the ball and wasting time on the ground like they did. Very disappointing result from both the players and the officials.

152502[/snapback]

In all fairness, I couldn't give a toss about the US of A.

Its cause the us play every week man,

the fifa rankings have allways been a joke

Mexico and USA are shite : fact

mexico are better like.

teams should be able to challenge other teams in the ranking for there place - cause then if the ranking are true a lowly team like england couldnt hack the flair of the US

152504[/snapback]

US plays more games because of the way the qualification is set up in the region. 3.5 spots is ridiculous, but it won't go below 3, seeing as FIFA has a financial interest in having the US and Mexico qualify every cup. 2.5 might be a bit low considering there is usually one team of enough quality to compete at the cup besides the US and Mexico.

How you consider the Green Rats the better side I'll never know--the US has them 7-2-1 in their last 10 meetings, the two losses coming in the Azteca where Mexico has lost once in some 50 years.

Not a good showing for CONCACAF in this cup, but hardly suprising with a weak TnT side somehow getting in and Costa Rica being a shadow of their usual selves. The US got a dreadful draw--given the way it panned out, one might argue it's as bad as the Argentina-Holland-S&M-Ivory Coast group. Ghana is better than the Ivorians and S&M hardly showed me anything.

Zath, you should start a campaign.  Can I suggest "No WAY was that a P-KAY!" as your slogan? :(

152512[/snapback]

Only if you start a "I'm jealous of the US because I can't be so flamboyant outside of San Fansisco" campaign. :P

Zath, you should start a campaign.  Can I suggest "No WAY was that a P-KAY!" as your slogan? :(

152512[/snapback]

Only if you start a "I'm jealous of the US because I can't be so flamboyant outside of San Fansisco" campaign. :P

152520[/snapback]

That wouldn't really be a campaign, would it? :icon_lol:

152512[/snapback]

152520[/snapback]

152521[/snapback]

Fair enough, admit it and I'll change my sig.

152512[/snapback]

152520[/snapback]

152521[/snapback]

Fair enough, admit it and I'll change my sig.

152522[/snapback]

Ok, O-KAY, it wasn't a P-KAY. :rolleyes:

How you consider the Green Rats the better side I'll never know--the US has them 7-2-1 in their last 10 meetings, the two losses coming in the Azteca where Mexico has lost once in some 50 years.

152519[/snapback]

Stat-tastic! Spoken like a true American. :(

152519[/snapback]

152546[/snapback]

Stat-tastic to point out that we've got a winning record? :P

Brilliant!

That's how we'll do things from now on, we won't look at points or goals for records, we'll just go on gut feeling!

Apparantly FIFA are bringing out a new ranking system with new rankings after the World Cup, but given it takes into account just the four previous years rather than the last eight, the US will probably still be top 15.

Friendlies should have little to no bearing on rankings tbh.

152519[/snapback]

152546[/snapback]

Stat-tastic to point out that we've got a winning record? :icon_lol:

Brilliant!

That's how we'll do things from now on, we won't look at points or goals for records, we'll just go on gut feeling!

152549[/snapback]

I was just referring to the way you delivered the stats, reminds me of those US sports commentators who are obsessed with statistics. :P

Yours was a valid point, I wasn't having a go.

Apparantly FIFA are bringing out a new ranking system with new rankings after the World Cup, but given it takes into account just the four previous years rather than the last eight, the US will probably still be top 15.

Friendlies should have little to no bearing on rankings tbh.

152550[/snapback]

They have little bearing as it is, especially those in CONCACAF. CONCACAF friendlies count for 10% less than UEFA friendlies and friendlies count less than continental championships, world cup qualifying or world cup.

The real culprit is the Gold Cup, which is CONCACAF's championship. The US and Mexico always send a "B" or even "C" side, and invite other teams in order to try to make it competative, but it is what it is.