Pass the vasoline.

Zathras

How you consider the Green Rats the better side I'll never know--the US has them 7-2-1 in their last 10 meetings, the two losses coming in the Azteca where Mexico has lost once in some 50 years.

152519[/snapback]

Stat-tastic! Spoken like a true American. :(

152546[/snapback]

Stat-tastic to point out that we've got a winning record? :icon_lol:

Brilliant!

That's how we'll do things from now on, we won't look at points or goals for records, we'll just go on gut feeling!

152549[/snapback]

I was just referring to the way you delivered the stats, reminds me of those US sports commentators who are obsessed with statistics. :P

Yours was a valid point, I wasn't having a go.

152555[/snapback]

Our commentators are shit. You lot like to complain about Motson, Wright and Lineker but I'd give my right nut to have that kind of quality over here. :rolleyes:

I usually have to watch the matches on mute.

Apparantly FIFA are bringing out a new ranking system with new rankings after the World Cup, but given it takes into account just the four previous years rather than the last eight, the US will probably still be top 15.

Friendlies should have little to no bearing on rankings tbh.

152550[/snapback]

what about for Host nations that don't play a competitive match?

Apparantly FIFA are bringing out a new ranking system with new rankings after the World Cup, but given it takes into account just the four previous years rather than the last eight, the US will probably still be top 15.

152550[/snapback]

152561[/snapback]

Fair point, actually, but as the main thing that these rankings are actually used for is seeding and the host nations are granted a seed automatically, I think that this should even itself out.

152550[/snapback]

152561[/snapback]

Good point but perhaps Germany's 'low' ranking is a result of this.

On a slightly different note, watch Australia shoot up the rankings in the next 4 years, given we're now a part of Asia, will be playing many more competitive matches and going by this WC, will be one of the leading Asian nations.

152550[/snapback]

152561[/snapback]

On a slightly different note, watch Australia shoot up the rankings in the next 4 years, given we're now a part of Asia, will be playing many more competitive matches and going by this WC, will be one of the leading Asian nations.

152567[/snapback]

I think you're forgetting that you're about to lose Hiddink. I expect you'll struggle to replace him and his influence tbh. Didn't he say that you lot were a shambles when he first turned up?

152550[/snapback]

152561[/snapback]

152567[/snapback]

I think you're forgetting that you're about to lose Hiddink. I expect you'll struggle to replace him and his influence tbh. Didn't he say that you lot were a shambles when he first turned up?

152580[/snapback]

Linked with Martin o'neil as the replacement in the sun today.

Hiddink is a short-term miracle worker. If someone can pick up where he's left off, so much the better, but I doubt he's laid any groundwork for future development.

152550[/snapback]

152561[/snapback]

152567[/snapback]

152580[/snapback]

That's why I said going by this world cup. Hiddink will be a loss but he has made a huge impact in the mentality of the national team. I was hopeful Johan Neeskans would take the reins but he's off to Barca.

Anything can happen in four years of course, but we'll almost certainly be in the Asian Cup (Kuwait, Lebanon and Bahrain are our qualifying opponents, we've already beaten the latter away 3-1 with a 'C' squad without Hiddink in charge) and we'll be seeded for WC qualifying. Given that Asia has 4.5 spots and the .5 will probably play the Oceanian winner, I think it will be harder for us to miss out on the next World Cup.

Finally, the FA are fucking knobs for not even approaching Hiddink. With him in charge you would be world champions, without a doubt. The man is an absolute genius, possibly the best coach in recent history.

152550[/snapback]

152561[/snapback]

152567[/snapback]

152580[/snapback]

That's why I said going by this world cup. Hiddink will be a loss but he has made a huge impact in the mentality of the national team. I was hopeful Johan Neeskans would take the reins but he's off to Barca.

Anything can happen in four years of course, but we'll almost certainly be in the Asian Cup (Kuwait, Lebanon and Bahrain are our qualifying opponents, we've already beaten the latter away 3-1 with a 'C' squad without Hiddink in charge) and we'll be seeded for WC qualifying. Given that Asia has 4.5 spots and the .5 will probably play the Oceanian winner, I think it will be harder for us to miss out on the next World Cup.

Finally, the FA are fucking knobs for not even approaching Hiddink. With him in charge you would be world champions, without a doubt. The man is an absolute genius, possibly the best coach in recent history.

152594[/snapback]

4.5 spots for Asia is a bigger joke than 3.5 for CONCACAF

... I actually shuddered when I saw the term "Roster"

frickin americans, coming over here bastardising our language :(