Cheating bastard refs

Papa Lazaru

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Who says he won't complain? Going infront of the TV cameras and screaming at the bastards last season got him (not to meantion the team, descisions wise) fuck all. How about a different approach like coming back when the blood has cooled. He could still end up getting ignored, fined and banned but atleast it won't look like a heat of the moment rant or sour grapes.

I agree Phil, fuck the fines, get out there and rip the cheating little cunt to shreds, demand he be sorted out, demand we never get him again, anything to draw attention to the bastard.

12098[/snapback]

PRE-cisely ! The whole point is to take a leaf out of Wengers and even more so - Fergusons books. Blacken the bastards name. Make sure fans are LOOKING for mistakes when he is the ref. Mouribnho does it with the kind of style I doubt Souness even dreams about in doing so. But like Arsenhole and Moan U, it works. The refs arent straining at the bit like Bennet was to send someone off - TO PLEASE WENGER and the Arsenhole fans - which is where I came in.....

Who says he won't complain? Going infront of the TV cameras and screaming at the bastards last season got him (not to meantion the team, descisions wise) fuck all. How about a different approach like coming back when the blood has cooled. He could still end up getting ignored, fined and banned but atleast it won't look like a heat of the moment rant or sour grapes.

12099[/snapback]

Funny how it works for Wenger and Ferguson though. I can't remember too many occasions where Souness did rant and rave at refs apart from the double sending off incident, and then hardly ranting (what he said was actually accurate) Apart that is from the bust up with the "Kindergarten Terror" Bellamy.

Edited by Phil K

12099[/snapback]

Funny how it works for Wenger and Ferguson though.

12101[/snapback]

Not really, they are clever enough to do it through the mouthpieces in the local rags. They allude to certain things in post match interviews then follow it up in the press so Sky and the Beeb don't get sound bites from them.

12099[/snapback]

12101[/snapback]

Not really, they are clever enough to do it through the mouthpieces in the local rags. They allude to certain things in post match interviews then follow it up in the press so Sky and the Beeb don't get sound bites from them.

12103[/snapback]

Only half true. I have seen both quite angry and saying just what I'd have liked Souness to have said. Wenger with a less red face, of course. Odd how the FA never jump on them though, isnt it ? David Dein's influence, no doubt - that once again, Mourinho dropped in ever so innocently.....

Edited by Phil K

12099[/snapback]

12101[/snapback]

12103[/snapback]

Only half true. I have seen both quite angry and saying just what I'd have liked Souness to have said. Wenger with a less red face, of course.

12104[/snapback]

But you admit that they don't go ranting and raving infront of the camera/mics? Wenger and Ferguson have been pissed off in the post match and both have been fined for it. Souness did it and got the same. The point is that they have also done things that the others haven't. We've got a perfectly good sycophant in Anal Oliver who can be the mouth piece and nothing will happen to him, he's out of the FA's reach. Wenger and Ferguson have done the same. This is where the real pressure has come from.

It feels like refereeing standards get worse every season.

12031[/snapback]

Was listening to Talkshite before and Ray Houghton brought up a good point that referees dont seem to stick to the rules as such no more, just that they show that they have a knowledge of the game they can do what they like.

He was also myffed how we lost.

But you admit that they don't go ranting and raving infront of the camera/mics? Wenger and Ferguson have been pissed off in the post match and both have been fined for it. Souness did it and got the same. The point is that they have also done things that the others haven't. We've got a perfectly good sycophant in Anal Oliver who can be the mouth piece and nothing will happen to him, he's out of the FA's reach. Wenger and Ferguson have done the same. This is where the real pressure has come from.

12108[/snapback]

Actually, no - i don't agree. Wenger I could hardly say "rants and raves" but surely it's what is said, not the ranting. Ferguson - surely you're not telling me you havent seen him rant AND whatsmore, get away with it ?

Interesting pics by the way SSR - showing the bald bastard's sight obscured by not one but TWO players, yet still sends off Jenas. Yet by the book, if neither he nor linesman sees the incident he is supposed to give player benefit of doubt. The perfect sample of why the bastard was looking for any excuse to send off a Newcastle player to please Wenger and Arsenhole fans.

Edited by Phil K

What a joke, red card, penalty, that corner that came off Henry the whole lot!

Least the commitment was there to play for Newcastle United!

Scotty Parker, once he is fully fit he will be a great assest to this club.

12034[/snapback]

Parker was outstanding and i hope Souness has learned what i've always said, you don't need the likes of Butt and Faye to compete in midfield. What you need is footballers first and foremost but with them working hard and tackling, not two players who can't control or pass a football and who actual do less defensively than the players did today!

When he played Butt and Faye we have no ball retention at all as they are clueless so the opposition dominates and Faye concedes numerous stupid freekicks with daft tackles. Whereas Parker, Emre and the rest together were tracking back but could control and pass the ball releaving the pressure on us that we normally have from giving the ball away.

12039[/snapback]

Shame we've got no quality strikers though, isn't it?

12043[/snapback]

Its a massive shame! Its why many of us have said don't get rid of Bellamy and Kluivert, and others have said don't get rid until you have replaced them.

It would appear that with say 2-3 signings we have a good first team, certainly better than i thought on the basis of that game. What we currently don't have though is enough goals in the team and a squad to cope with injuries, suspensions and loss of form.

But i will say after watching that i am happier than i was, which couldn't have been hard!

12047[/snapback]

I think the team played well today, but only with a mind of trying to get a 0-0. I'm not really happy with that, although as Souness has left us with no strikers there was no real alternative. Play to your strengths and all that stuff. Our strength is now not attacking the opposition, it is to try to contain and grab a lucky goal somehow.

With 11 on the pitch I couldn't see us getting a goal, and that's not just because we were playing Arsenal. There are very few goals in that team the way it was set out today and that's because we've lost our most influential attacking players without replacing them.

Edited by Howaythelads

I agree that the team battled well. But for me the tactics were far too negative. With the formation Newcastle could have played another couple of hours (and even with eleven players) but most likely wouldn't have scored ... or created chances.

Of course grinding out a goalless draw would have been a fantastic result, though I don't know if there was a plan B in case Arsenal had scored earlier.

I agree that the team battled well. But for me the tactics were far too negative. With the formation Newcastle could have played another couple of hours (and even with eleven players) but most likely wouldn't have scored ... or created chances.

Of course grinding out a goalless draw would have been a fantastic result, though I don't know if there was a plan B in case Arsenal had scored earlier.

12139[/snapback]

This is my worry when I've mentioned the possibility of relegation. We'll probably look neat and tidy, and pretty solid and all that, but there aren't enough goals in the team. We'll draw too many matches with a team like the one Souness put out today.

A draw was all he hoped for today, that was obvious because he could have easily gone 4-4-2 with Dyer up front offering a threat behind their defence.

From skysports.com

....The talking point of the first half arrived on 32 minutes when Jenas launched into a full-blooded challenge to win the ball from Gilberto. Jenas took the ball and man but Bennett, who appeared unsighted, took exception to the tackle and harshly sent the Arsenal target from the field......

12108[/snapback]

Actually, no - i don't agree. Wenger I could hardly say "rants and raves" but surely it's what is said, not the ranting. Ferguson - surely you're not telling me you havent seen him rant AND whatsmore, get away with it ?

Interesting pics by the way SSR - showing the bald bastard's sight obscured by not one but TWO players, yet still sends off Jenas. Yet by the book, if neither he nor linesman sees the incident he is supposed to give player benefit of doubt. The perfect sample of why the bastard was looking for any excuse to send off a Newcastle player to please Wenger and Arsenhole fans.

12137[/snapback]

I've seen Ferguson make comments in the post match and he has been given slapped wrists from the FA for it. There are times he and Wenger have alluded to poor refereeing and they get nothing for it, it's not until after the event that they launch the broadsides. This coupled with there two captains Keane and Viera (at the time) constantly going to the ref's and questioning descisions and badgering them has had the most effect. The weaker willed Ref's now have an "anything for an easy life" approach to running those games.

Souness ranted and raved last season what exactly did it get him? Fines and bans, us in the headlines for the wrong reasons again. Coming out and calling the Ref's sub-standard didn't help us today.

12139[/snapback]

This is my worry when I've mentioned the possibility of relegation. We'll probably look neat and tidy, and pretty solid and all that, but there aren't enough goals in the team. We'll draw too many matches with a team like the one Souness put out today.

A draw was all he hoped for today, that was obvious because he could have easily gone 4-4-2 with Dyer up front offering a threat behind their defence.

12140[/snapback]

Its why we have to sign more attackers and goal scorers, or better still not have got rid of the ones we had AND sign more!

Its obvious that Parker and Emre will improve the midfield alot and that we can be quite solid and retain possession better, but we have to create more chances and get goals to win matches.

Be interesting to see the formation and tactics at home to a team like West Ham

12139[/snapback]

12140[/snapback]

Its why we have to sign more attackers and goal scorers, or better still not have got rid of the ones we had AND sign more!

Its obvious that Parker and Emre will improve the midfield alot and that we can be quite solid and retain possession better, but we have to create more chances and get goals to win matches.

12152[/snapback]

A load of middle and nowt up front with little to offer in defence, it was only a matter of time before we cracked, we tried hard but TBH we were inadequate, basically CRAP. No alternative, we were never going to score, not even a threat.

Just back from the game and now i'm even more annoyed as the red card looks totally stupid as does the penalty.

On the positive the team battled well and look relatively solid at the back. Emre and parker look like they could be class acts.

Why is there nothing in place that make refs accountable for their ridiculous decisions? Surely if players can be banned for a certain number of games following misconduct then refs should be able to be banned following review of the game and acknowlegement that their decisions were stupid and wrong. I just hate the smug bastard look on their faces as they reach into their pockets for the card - it's almost as if they are thoroughly enjoying the power the have and know there will be no comback because they're never in the bloody wrong. :D

i'm lucky to still have a job after my rather public rant at work earlier

steve benett is a fucking disgrace, when was the last time some ridiclous thing like this went our way?

12206[/snapback]

Off the top of my head, a couple of seasons back when we were playing Charlton at home and Laurent Robert went to ground like he'd been shot and somehow we got a penalty...

I seem to remember the concensus on toon-chat was that "other teams get away with it so why shouldn't we", I remember I was fucking livid that one of our players resorted to that carry on but I was in the minority...

For the record, my views on yesterday's decisions:

1. Jenas was reckless and clumsy, he tackled late from behind which is a cautionable offence - it is not IMO, a red card offence. The important point to remember is that he issued a straight red, if it had been a second yellow then I could have seen some justification. That being said, if it had been the other way, we'd have been screaming for their player to be sent off, and how the fuck did that ogre (Senderos) survive?? :D

2. It was a penalty IMO. N'Zogbia was behind the player, wrapped one leg around him and also had a hand on his shoulder. He was never in a million years going to get that ball and he didn't. You can't go lunging in the box like that as penalties will be given. Inexperience on his part and he will learn from it. Again, if it had been the other end of the pitch, I doubt many of you would have thought it was unjustified....

12139[/snapback]

12140[/snapback]

12152[/snapback]

A load of middle and nowt up front with little to offer in defence, it was only a matter of time before we cracked, we tried hard but TBH we were inadequate, basically CRAP. No alternative, we were never going to score, not even a threat.

12158[/snapback]

Aye, we were never going to score and as I say, I think we'll find it difficult to score goals against most of the teams in the premier league. As PL says, it'll be interesting to see what kind of team Sourness puts out against West Ham at our place.