Cheating bastard refs

Papa Lazaru

i'm lucky to still have a job after my rather public rant at work earlier

steve benett is a fucking disgrace, when was the last time some ridiclous thing like this went our way?

12206[/snapback]

Off the top of my head, a couple of seasons back when we were playing Charlton at home and Laurent Robert went to ground like he'd been shot and somehow we got a penalty...

I seem to remember the concensus on toon-chat was that "other teams get away with it so why shouldn't we", I remember I was fucking livid that one of our players resorted to that carry on but I was in the minority...

For the record, my views on yesterday's decisions:

1. Jenas was reckless and clumsy, he tackled late from behind which is a cautionable offence - it is not IMO, a red card offence. The important point to remember is that he issued a straight red, if it had been a second yellow then I could have seen some justification. That being said, if it had been the other way, we'd have been screaming for their player to be sent off, and how the fuck did that ogre (Senderos) survive?? :D

2. It was a penalty IMO. N'Zogbia was behind the player, wrapped one leg around him and also had a hand on his shoulder. He was never in a million years going to get that ball and he didn't. You can't go lunging in the box like that as penalties will be given. Inexperience on his part and he will learn from it. Again, if it had been the other end of the pitch, I doubt many of you would have thought it was unjustified....

12238[/snapback]

Ljundberg was fouled by the ground. Even my Arsenal fan mate admitted that :angry:

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Ljundberg was fouled by the ground. Even my Arsenal fan mate admitted that :D

12250[/snapback]

Ljungberg him self all but admittted it wasn't. On SSN this morning i saw his post match interview where he said something along the lines of i took my shoot zog blocked it so i went down. I'd have to see the replays to decide if it was a penalty.

If you don't know it was a penalty when you were supposedly fouled it blatantly wasnt. There was no contact between zog and him. how thats a penalty i don't know.

Having watched both incidents on the computer far too often this morning:

Jenas' sending off was a mistake but in real time it looked a bad, bad tackle - that doesn't excuse decisions being made without a clear view and absolute certainty.

The penalty was not a pen, N'Zongbia lays a hand on him, no more. And his foot never wraps around Ljungberg - it goes slightly into the back of him, after he has already hit air. But you see plenty of them given.

Clear case for video evidence. How could video evidence have slowed down that game? 3/4 minutes were wasted by rightly incensed Newcastle (and some Arsenal) players. Video ref could have confirmed or denied in 30 seconds - with about 6 replays. Same for the penalty.

Referee's as individuals or in a representative commitee are just servants to a very precious game, we've forgetten that in an attempt to protect them. They need to step back in line, put their power crazed egos to bed and do what they're told or get a real job. It's worth noting how far down hill Premiership refs have gone since they became 'professionals'.

On a side note Fabregas has successfully assasinated his own character for me, I've seen 4/5 incidents now where he looks a right cock. Why can't Wenger see that allowing the youth to act like that coupled with the wages they're on will lead to very nasty personalities. He'll pay the price though - I'd say therin lies the seeds of this Arsenal's destruction.

The ref had a 'mare and gave us fuck all but I thought it was a daft and clumsy challenge by N'Zogbia. He simply couldn't win the ball from his position and another defender appeared to be coming across to cover. Not sure he made much contact with Ljunberg though. All in all, I thought we were unlucky not to get a point.

Ahyone got the Zog challenge on that queer cunt?  My mate is convinced it was a pen, I wanna show him that gay cunt went down quicker than elton jophn

12277[/snapback]

It's funny how people think it's ok to make homophobic remarks like this. You wouldn't say 'that black ****' and expect to get away with it, so why do you think what you've wrote above is ok?

Ahyone got the Zog challenge on that queer cunt?  My mate is convinced it was a pen, I wanna show him that gay cunt went down quicker than elton jophn

12277[/snapback]

It's funny how people think it's ok to make homophobic remarks like this. You wouldn't say 'that black ****' and expect to get away with it, so why do you think what you've wrote above is ok?

12279[/snapback]

Sorry Alex, im still bitter after yesterday :D

Sorry if I have offended anyone

12277[/snapback]

12279[/snapback]

Sorry Alex, im still bitter after yesterday :D

Sorry if I have offended anyone

12284[/snapback]

Sorry for getting on the moral high horse mate, I can understand how you feel.

12277[/snapback]

12279[/snapback]

The only potentially offensive part of that post from wykikitoon was the use of the 'c' word.

It's funny how people don't get upset by bad language in posts, use of the 'c' word in particular, and yet get upset by a harmless reference to 'gay'.

12277[/snapback]

12279[/snapback]

The only potentially offensive part of that post from wykikitoon was the use of the 'c' word.

It's funny how people don't get upset by bad language in posts, use of the 'c' word in particular, and yet get upset by a harmless reference to 'gay'.

12288[/snapback]

I think calling someone a 'gay cunt' is offensive. You think it's harmless.

Calling someone black is descriptive, calling them a black cunt suggests that both the first and last words are offensive, hence is racism.

Gay is descriptive, queer cunt is offensive. I'd like to hear if there's another side to that argument?

It's always vaguely annoyed me that cunt is considered a less offensive word than prick. In an age of relative sexual liberation to try and say that obscene remarks are in the same vein as racism or homophobism I can't understand.

12277[/snapback]

12279[/snapback]

12288[/snapback]

12291[/snapback]

To be more accurate, you think mentioning the word 'gay' is offensive. I don't. I think calling someone a 'c***' is offensive. You don't.

Calling someone a 'gay c***' is offensive because of the use of the foul language, not because of the word gay.

12277[/snapback]

12279[/snapback]

12288[/snapback]

12291[/snapback]

To be more accurate, you think mentioning the word 'gay' is offensive. I don't. I think calling someone a 'c***' is offensive. You don't.

Calling someone a 'gay c***' is offensive because of the use of the foul language, not because of the word gay.

12314[/snapback]

In your opinion, I disagree.

i'm lucky to still have a job after my rather public rant at work earlier

steve benett is a fucking disgrace, when was the last time some ridiclous thing like this went our way?

12206[/snapback]

Off the top of my head, a couple of seasons back when we were playing Charlton at home and Laurent Robert went to ground like he'd been shot and somehow we got a penalty...

I seem to remember the concensus on toon-chat was that "other teams get away with it so why shouldn't we", I remember I was fucking livid that one of our players resorted to that carry on but I was in the minority...

For the record, my views on yesterday's decisions:

1. Jenas was reckless and clumsy, he tackled late from behind which is a cautionable offence - it is not IMO, a red card offence. The important point to remember is that he issued a straight red, if it had been a second yellow then I could have seen some justification. That being said, if it had been the other way, we'd have been screaming for their player to be sent off, and how the fuck did that ogre (Senderos) survive?? :D

2. It was a penalty IMO. N'Zogbia was behind the player, wrapped one leg around him and also had a hand on his shoulder. He was never in a million years going to get that ball and he didn't. You can't go lunging in the box like that as penalties will be given. Inexperience on his part and he will learn from it. Again, if it had been the other end of the pitch, I doubt many of you would have thought it was unjustified....

12238[/snapback]

Ljundberg was fouled by the ground. Even my Arsenal fan mate admitted that :angry:

12250[/snapback]

Yeah I agree with that too - the problem I find is that he made a challenge in a stupid place and if he had made contact, then it would have been player not ball and a penalty would have been the result...

Like I said, if it had been at the other end we'd have gone fucking loopy had it not been awarded.

12277[/snapback]

12279[/snapback]

12288[/snapback]

12291[/snapback]

12314[/snapback]

12315[/snapback]

Ok, just to be clear on what you're saying.

If a person known to be gay is described as such by someone, that's offensive.

If a person is described by another as a 'c***', that isn't offensive.

I can't ever agree with that particular strange set of standards.

Even putting this on one side, because I expect some people will find both offensive, I'm wondering why you're upset by use of the gay word, but don't appear to care about people using the c*** word. Is this a word you find acceptable in general conversation, while getting on your moral soapbox when people mention the word gay?

When you're finished arguing with Alex I'd love a response on what I thought was a fairly well reasoned argument posted by myself above.

Just back from the match (spent the night in London), and have to say that on balance I am relieved. After watching thqat performance, I think we have too much quality to get relegated, and if it hadn't been for the referee, I think we would have nicked a point. Still some concerns though:

We effectively "neutralised" them, and hardly gave them a sniff all day. However, we never looked capable of scoring. Never. This is worrying, we need to sign a striker desperately before the window closes.

I'm not convinced this wasn't a one-off good performace, like Boro last year. West Ham is the crucial match. Interesting.

Even though they always win, we always play well aginst Arsenal. I'm fairly sure ManU or Chelsea would have slaughtered us yesterday.

Still credit where it's due, if it hadn't been for a baldy cheating bastard we would have derailed Arsenal at the start of the season (Sky wouldn't have liked that, hmmm). Having watched them, and their lamentable captain, I reckon they will come 4th this year. And if league position was reflected by the quality of the fans, they would be beneath Carlisle.

Mr Souness, you put up a good fight. But we need at least 3 ponts against West Ham, or you are out. And that pressure will be with you for the rest of the season. All your fault, you put us where we are (currently bottom of the league, with Portsmouth).

12277[/snapback]

12279[/snapback]

12288[/snapback]

12291[/snapback]

12314[/snapback]

12315[/snapback]

Ok, just to be clear on what you're saying.

If a person known to be gay is described as such by someone, that's offensive.

If a person is described by another as a 'c***', that isn't offensive.

I can't ever agree with that particular strange set of standards.

Even putting this on one side, because I expect some people will find both offensive, I'm wondering why you're upset by use of the gay word, but don't appear to care about people using the c*** word. Is this a word you find acceptable in general conversation, while getting on your moral soapbox when people mention the word gay?

12317[/snapback]

Is Lundberg deinitely gay though?

And can I now say that Ambrose is??? :D

When you're finished arguing with Alex I'd love a response on what I thought was a fairly well reasoned argument posted by myself above.

12322[/snapback]

Well I agree with you if that helps. :D

Just back from the match (spent the night in London), and have to say that on balance I am relieved. After watching thqat performance, I think we have too much quality to get relegated, and if it hadn't been for the referee, I think we would have nicked a point. Still some concerns though:

We effectively "neutralised" them, and hardly gave them a sniff all day. However, we never looked capable of scoring. Never. This is worrying, we need to sign a striker desperately before the window closes.

I'm not convinced this wasn't a one-off good performace, like Boro last year. West Ham is the crucial match. Interesting.

Even though they always win, we always play well aginst Arsenal. I'm fairly sure ManU or Chelsea would have slaughtered us yesterday.

Still credit where it's due, if it hadn't been for a baldy cheating bastard we would have derailed Arsenal at the start of the season (Sky wouldn't have liked that, hmmm). Having watched them, and their lamentable captain, I reckon they will come 4th this year. And if league position was reflected by the quality of the fans, they would be beneath Carlisle.

Mr Souness, you put up a good fight. But we need at least 3 ponts against West Ham, or you are out. And that pressure will be with you for the rest of the season. All your fault, you put us where we are (currently bottom of the league, with Portsmouth).

12332[/snapback]

Yeah good post, agree with pretty much everything there.

I think Souness can have a job for life if her gets us in excess of 3 points next Saturday!