Carr - 6 - occasional good runs, still one of our weak links

Boumsoung - 8 - a Colossus

Taylor - 8 - another solid display

Makosi - 7 - better going forward

Emre - 7 - workaholic performance

Parker - 8 - short of fittness but didn't lack commitment

Bowyer - 7 - solid going forward

Dyer - 6 - a quiet game

Jenas - 6 - never a sending off in a million years.

Shearer - 6 - worked hard but lack of service ment a lack of chances

Shay 6.5 - Made some good saves but didnt really have much to do. Got a hand to the penalty though.

Baba 5 - Did some good things but looked always under pressure and seemed to rush things at times. Once he gets fit i hope he will get better.

Taylor 7 - Did well alongside Boum, Bramble is going to have his work cut out to get back into this side.

Boumsong 8 - Good performance, whenever Henry had the ball Boum would be right behind him harrassing him and wanting the ball. At one stage in the first half he forced Henry back towards the half way line before knocking it out for a throw. Captain!

Carr 6 - Some good runs down the flanks, did some good things but did some stupid things aswell eg some stupid fouls.

Bowyer 6 - Tried hard all game. Tried to get into the box before Jenas got sent off, to help Shearer. Constant harassing etc

Jenas 6 - Hard done by, didnt do much i guess we couldnt really give him a score.

Parker 8.5 - Superb performance, blocked, plugged holes. England recall wont be far away just hope he stays fit.

Emre 7 - Getting used to the English style, did well and put through some good passes. Let himself down at a couple of set pieces. Trickery before Jenas got sent off and got around a few players. Give him a few more games.

Dyer 6 - Didnt really do too much.. well i didnt notice him too much anyways.

Shearer 6.5 - Tried hard all day but after Jenas got sent off there wasnt much he could do against 3 Arsenal defenders!

Zoggy, Faye and Milner werent on that long although i loved Milners work rate up front.

Given - 8 - Did well, not at fault for goals

Carr - 7 - Did alright apart from one mistake

Boumsoung - 8 - Impressive

Taylor - 8 - Looking a class act

Makosi - 7 - Much improved

Emre - 7 - Another class act and works his arse off

Parker - 9 - MOM got in the way of everything

Bowyer - 7 - Solid but didn't do much

Dyer - 6 - Lacked fitness and didn't see much of the ball

Jenas - 6 - Going quite well until twat sent him off

Shearer - 6 - Didn't do much and missed a chance

Given - 7 - Solid again

Carr - 6 - Few good runs, but needs to shout to team-mates when in space

Boumsoung - 8 - Solid, great game

Taylor - 8 - As Boum, getting a nice partnership going

Makosi - 6 - Out of position too much

Emre - 7 - A strong grafting performance

Parker - 8 - Great workrate and tackling

Bowyer - 7 - Good goping foward, coverd for Makoski a lot too

Dyer - 6 - Quiet apart from one run

Jenas - 6 - Very unlucky with red, played well upto that

Shearer - 6 - Worked hard, no service but not his fault

Given 8 - There's something about Arsenal that gets the best out of him

Carr 6 - Decent enough

Babayaro 7 - Linked up well with Emre down the left

Taylor 8 - Solid

Boumsong 9 - Absolute collossus

Bowyer 6 - Got stuck in

Emre 6 - Neat and tidy, but will need to adjust to the pace (naturally)

Jenas 6 - Was looking very good until the red-card

Parker 7 - Protected the back four very well

Dyer 6 - Did ok

Shearer 6 - Kept plugging away

I watched it on Sky so give me some slack.

Given 7 Should have saved penalty and shoud never be beaten at the near post.

Carr 6 Average as a defender, passing was ordinary, got forward ONCE i think.

Boum 8 Very strong and intimidating performance.

Taylor 7 Very good but lost his man for the 2nd goal.

Baba 5 Ljungberg went past him at will.

Emre 6 Dribbled a bit then lost it or had no one to pass to. Would look better with good forwards in front of him.

Parker 7 Very professional, very commited. Isn't an attaking midfielder.

Jenas 6 Didn't notice him much. Wasn't a red card.

Bowyer 6 Apart from running around i don't know what he does.

Dyer 6 Didn't scare anyone.

Shearer 5 Sorry guys, he's a striker but didn't ever threaten so what's the point of having him?

Souness 8 Good tactics for a draw which was the best we could have hoped for.

Fans Sounded loud on the telly.

I don't know how anyone can give Parker less than a 9. He was an absolute colossus (especially considering how long he's been out) getting in the way of everything they threw at us.

He's just the sort of player we have been crying out for, for years. Someone who is actually involved in the game away from home.

I don't know how anyone can give Parker less than a 9.  He was an absolute colossus (especially considering how long he's been out) getting in the way of everything they threw at us.

He's just the sort of player we have been crying out for, for years.  Someone who is actually involved in the game away from home.

12435[/snapback]

Almost word for word what I said about Butt this time last year, I'm being cautious now and waiting until Christmas to see how he fares.

I don't know how anyone can give Parker less than a 9.  He was an absolute colossus (especially considering how long he's been out) getting in the way of everything they threw at us.

He's just the sort of player we have been crying out for, for years.  Someone who is actually involved in the game away from home.

12435[/snapback]

Almost word for word what I said about Butt this time last year, I'm being cautious now and waiting until Christmas to see how he fares.

12439[/snapback]

That and I think some of the ratings are very flattering. Ok, the team fought well, but IMHO the top marks are reserved for special games when a player excells in all parts of his game. That means for me a midfielder shouldn't just perform in his own half.

I think some people are getting a bit carried in their praise. A good battling performance yes, loads of hard work. But a very good football performance? No, not for me.

That's fair enough and is why I don't want to go and do ratings for the whole team. However, I think Parker did the only job that was possible in the circumstances (ie no real attack to feed the ball to!) and he did it unbelievably well. If he hadn't done that job we could have been tanked.

Re the comparissons to Butt, it's the same thing I thought before we signed him. When he played I thought something different.

He started the season a million times better than he finished it but at no time did I ever seem him put in as energetic or passionate performance as Parker did yesterday. The best thing I can say about Parker is that he played as if he was playing for his home town team. It appeared to matter to him in the same way that it does Shearer or did Clarkie or Pedro or Watson.

I'm not saying it will always be that way or that he is some kind of saviour but just that I couldn't be happier with his performance yesterday.

From magpies.nu:

1. Shay Given, målvakt - 7.5 av 10

2. Stephen Carr, högerback - 5.0 av 10

27. Steven Taylor, mittback - 7.0 av 10

6. Jean-Alain Boumsong, mittback - 8.0 av 10

33. Celestine Babayaro, vänsterback - 6.5 av 10

8. Kieron Dyer, högermittfältare - 5.5 av 10

11. Lee Bowyer, central mittfältare - 6.5 av 10

17. Scott Parker, defensiv mittfältare - 7.0 av 10

5. Emre Belözoglu, central/vänster mittfältare - 6.0 av 10

7. Jermaine Jenas, central mittfältare - 4.5 av 10

9. Alan Shearer, anfallare - 6.0 av 10