Fat Eddie Murphy

Guest CrimsonFault

he'll do a job on a short term contract. more mobile than shearer. he'll do alreet alongside someone like defoe i reckon

Edited by Dan

We can do better than Jimmy, shirley?

152452[/snapback]

Free, decent scoring record, lives nearby so won't have to move and will be available quickly for Intertoto games and the like.

I watched him a couple of times last season and he looked pretty decent.

BTS, anyway.

Guest CrimsonFault
Thought he was off to Celtic?

152459[/snapback]

He was until 'Boro accepted our £5m bid and Jimmy is currently asking Shepherd for an £80k contract.

Thought he was off to Celtic?

152459[/snapback]

He was until 'Boro accepted our £5m bid and Jimmy is currently asking Shepherd for an £80k contract.

152460[/snapback]

That sounds ridiculous but I cant imagine he'd settle for anything less than top-drawer wages. Unfortunately we've got a crocked striker on 100k so he knows exactly what we pay. And he'd ask for it.

Providing we spend money on another younger, half decent striker. I think JFH would be a fantastic short term fix for our striking problems.

After the money Souness was allowed to spend, we will have to be very careful on purchases this year and if to get numbers up we can get in a proven and experienced striker on a free i think it would not be bad business.

Providing we spend money on another younger, half decent striker. I think JFH would be a fantastic short term fix for our striking problems.

After the money Souness was allowed to spend, we will have to be very careful on purchases this year and if to get numbers up we can get in a proven and experienced striker on a free i think it would not be bad business.

152482[/snapback]

Exactly. Do people think we have an endless pit of money after Souness fucked the club up completely. We are desperately short of strikers and need to bring in a cheaper short term signing who whilst not at their peak is proven in the premiership.

Isn't JFH a free agent as of July 1st ?

I think he's an ideal stop-gap signing, proven Premiership quality, a very wise move in my opinion if it comes off.

Isn't JFH a free agent as of July 1st ?

I think he's an ideal stop-gap signing, proven Premiership quality, a very wise move in my opinion if it comes off.

152505[/snapback]

Thats the impression i'm under and why i think its a good idea. Not only for strikers but our squad in general is way too short and so, out of contract players, cheaper deals and loan signings have to be considered to add to any players we pay good money for.

152482[/snapback]

Exactly. Do people think we have an endless pit of money after Souness fucked the club up completely. We are desperately short of strikers and need to bring in a cheaper short term signing who whilst not at their peak is proven in the premiership.

152486[/snapback]

Agree. Hasselbaink would be a decent signing on a short-term contract.

Didn't I tell you to zip it, Keith?

152515[/snapback]

:(:P:icon_lol::rolleyes::blush::lol::lol::icon_lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

152535[/snapback]

Just had the exact same reaction. Brilliant. :lol::lol::lol: