Toon Warned Off Klose Bid

Emre

http://www.fansfc.com/frontpage/frontpagen...p?newsid=154284

Newcastle United Football Club have been told to forget any interest they may have in Miroslav Klose.

With Alan Shearer retired and Michael Owen set to be on the sidelines for at least five months, the Magpies are in the market for two strikers during the summer transfer window.

One of these is to be a long-term replacement for Shearer and reports suggest Werder Bremen man Klose in on their list of potentials, yet the German club have told them to look elsewhere for reinforcements.

“As far as we are concerned, he is absolutely not for sale,” said Bremen sport director Klaus Allofs in Kicker.

Klose was the leading goalscorer in the 2002 World Cup Finals, and is currently on course to equal this achievement after netting three goals for Germany in their opening three games.

i can see klose being your bog standard world cup panic buy.

a good world cup will probably add about £10m on to what he's actually worth.

i'd look elsewhere tbh

Guest CrimsonFault

Expect Shepherd to come out now on .co.uk and slam Werder Bremen's sporting director for this remark and expect some compensation.

ronaldo was the leading scorer in the last world cup, shirley?

152643[/snapback]

Yes, but klose was only 1 goal behind him. Admittedly thats only because he scored a hat-trick against saudi arabia in germanys 8-0 win.

i'd look elsewhere tbh

152639[/snapback]

I certainly wouldn't call Klose "bog standard world cup panic buy". In the end it is his second world cup where he is scoring goals quite a lot of goals. Add to it 25 goals in 26 games (+ 13 assists) in the Bundesliga and a couple of goals in the Championsleague this year.

But I do agree, I don't think Newcastle can afford him at the moment and should look elsewhere.

i'd look elsewhere tbh

152639[/snapback]

I certainly wouldn't call Klose "bog standard world cup panic buy". In the end it is his second world cup where he is scoring goals quite a lot of goals. Add to it 25 goals in 26 games (+ 13 assists) in the Bundesliga and a couple of goals in the Championsleague this year.

But I do agree, I don't think Newcastle can afford him at the moment and should look elsewhere.

152652[/snapback]

you rate him then? i can't help but think he'd be the next guivarch if we signed him.

i'd look elsewhere tbh

152639[/snapback]

152652[/snapback]

you rate him then? i can't help but think he'd be the next guivarch if we signed him.

152655[/snapback]

Well he might turn out to be the next Guivarc'h, but I do find it funny when people immidiately start knocking players just because they score at a bigger tournement and aren't the big household names. Klose is far from being a "one tournament wonder", especially as it is his second tournament where he scores quite a lot of goals. Of course the next thing is that it only was against the likes of Costa Rica, Equador etc. Though, why are the big household names not scoring in these games? Klose has a good goalscoring at both domestic and international level, so should a decent tournement add "10m to what he's actually worth"? Especially looking at the inflated prices of the likes of Defoe, A. Johnson etc.

IIRC Guivarc'h scored a grand total of zero goals at WC98, played poorly and was signed before the tournament started so I'm not sure where the comparison comes from.

IIRC Guivarc'h scored a grand total of zero goals at WC98, played poorly and was signed before the tournament started so I'm not sure where the comparison comes from.

152661[/snapback]

i'm sure you had an inkling as to what i was getting at.

ok, my worry over klose if we signed him would be if turns out to be the next el hadj diouf. ie signed for an inflated fee after a decent world cup and then turns out to be shit.

i'd look elsewhere tbh

152639[/snapback]

152652[/snapback]

152655[/snapback]

Well he might turn out to be the next Guivarc'h, but I do find it funny when people immidiately start knocking players just because they score at a bigger tournement and aren't the big household names. Klose is far from being a "one tournament wonder", especially as it is his second tournament where he scores quite a lot of goals. Of course the next thing is that it only was against the likes of Costa Rica, Equador etc. Though, why are the big household names not scoring in these games? Klose has a good goalscoring at both domestic and international level, so should a decent tournement add "10m to what he's actually worth"? Especially looking at the inflated prices of the likes of Defoe, A. Johnson etc.

152658[/snapback]

i'm no big fan of german football so i can't really comment on his domestic form. it sounds impressive though so maybe he deserves more credit than i'm giving him.

i've just never been that impressed whenever i've seen him. i'm sure he's not a bad player. his scoring record is good but he is playing in a germany side that compares poorly with the greats of past decades. that said, england are no great shakes either and they get talked up way beyond their true worth.

i just remember germany's route to the final last time round not being the hardest, and weren't all his goals headers? and let's be frank, there aren't that many amazing german strikers around at the moment are there? would klose get into the english, spanish or italian squads?

i agree that defoe is probably overrated and overpriced too, but he's a player i'd like to see us go for. would you go for klose over defoe? who do you think would represent better value if they were both priced for, say £10m?

Edited by Dan

scored 25 goals in 26 games last season (top scorer in germany) and had 13 assists, he was second top scorer at the last world cup (he scored 5, ronaldo scored 8), and is top scorer at this world cup

would be a great signing in my opinion

signed for Werder Bremen in 2004 for €5million (euros)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Miroslav_Klose

http://2002.fifaworldcup.yahoo.com/02/en/t/st/index.html

Edited by NobbySolano

Guest CrimsonFault
scored 25 goals in 26 games last season (top scorer in germany) and had 13 assists, he was second top scorer at the last world cup (he scored 5, ronaldo scored 8), and is top scorer at this world cup

would be a great signing in my opinion

signed for Werder Bremen in 2004 for €5million (euros)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Miroslav_Klose

http://2002.fifaworldcup.yahoo.com/02/en/t/st/index.html

152693[/snapback]

You arent the same knacker from N-O are you?

Klose isn't overrated when you compare him to all those massively overhyped English strikers. You can't argue with his stats either. Having said that, I'm not totally convinced about him and I think he's some way from being the 'world class player' the Germans make him out to be.

05-06 26a - 25g

04-05 32a - 15g

03-04 26a - 10g

02-03 32a - 9g

01-02 31a - 16g

00-01 29a - 9g

99-00 2a - 0g

No better stats than fifty other european strikers tbh. granted hes had 2 good world cups but you need to look at league form as well. Strikes me as a german Beattie/Phillips type player, one or two good seasons and 5 or 6 not so good.

152661[/snapback]

i'm sure you had an inkling as to what i was getting at.

ok, my worry over klose if we signed him would be if turns out to be the next el hadj diouf. ie signed for an inflated fee after a decent world cup and then turns out to be shit.

152662[/snapback]

Absolute ignorant cunt tbh

Id definately have defoe like, or robbie keane. Kuijt, saviola, ronaldo too. It all hinges on how much money we have though because they would all want silly wages. Wel probably end up with hasslebaink.

I see camara is being linked this morning

Id definately have defoe like, or robbie keane. Kuijt, saviola, ronaldo too. It all hinges on how much money we have though because they would all want silly wages. Wel probably end up with hasslebaink.

I see camara is being linked this morning

152802[/snapback]

Diomansy or Henri?

Because the latter is shit.

Edit: Henris the wigan one....which Camara played for Wolves? He's the shit one.

i'd look elsewhere tbh

152639[/snapback]

152652[/snapback]

152655[/snapback]

152658[/snapback]

i'm no big fan of german football so i can't really comment on his domestic form. it sounds impressive though so maybe he deserves more credit than i'm giving him.

i've just never been that impressed whenever i've seen him. i'm sure he's not a bad player. his scoring record is good but he is playing in a germany side that compares poorly with the greats of past decades. that said, england are no great shakes either and they get talked up way beyond their true worth.

i just remember germany's route to the final last time round not being the hardest, and weren't all his goals headers? and let's be frank, there aren't that many amazing german strikers around at the moment are there? would klose get into the english, spanish or italian squads?

i agree that defoe is probably overrated and overpriced too, but he's a player i'd like to see us go for. would you go for klose over defoe? who do you think would represent better value if they were both priced for, say £10m?

152664[/snapback]

Before people get me wrong, I certainly wouldn't call Klose world class and I am in fact not totally convinced about him either. And people who know me know that I am the least person to hype up the German league or German football in general.

But on the other hand I don't like it when people are jumping to easy conclusions like about players only playing in a poor league, only scoring against crap teams etc. Of course Jormany had an easy route in the last World Cup and were playing piss poor teams this year. But if it is so easy to score against those teams why were the big names struggling?

I do think that Klose would be a decent signing for the right price. He and his style football aren't very attractive, but he knows how to score goals and I think he would prove it whereever he was playing. I wouldn't pay more than 8m for him. But having said that I would not pay more than 6-7m for Defoe or more than 2-3m for the likes of A. Johnson. So how I think you can see how I rank those players.

i reckon he'd be a great signing for the toon abd could easily adapt to the premiership.

152666[/snapback]

Yeh then no doubt after one season would state he believes he is better than us and then bugger of to liverpool, where his heart is supposedly..... or am i being cynical