------------------- Rooney ---------------------------

-------------Lampard----Gerrard--------------------

J.Cole-------------Carrick-------------Beckham----

------------------------I-------------------------------

------------------------I ------------------------------

------------------------V-------------------------------

A.Cole----Campbell-----Terry-------Hargreaves--

--------------------Robinson--------------------------

Pretty much what most on here were after, me included. Not sure what Carragher did to warrant being dropped like, especially as Hargreaves had his only 1 decent game for England in CM :( If Carrick does his job and Gerrard feels free to push on and not play second fiddle to (couldnt hit a barn door) Lampard, I reckon we might have our first half decent performance on Sunday.

Heres Hoping! :P

Edited by J69

Guest CrimsonFault
At least Carrick can make a proper 50 yard ball, unlike Beckham.

152764[/snapback]

Was his pass the length of the pitch, to Rooney fake then?

152768[/snapback]

About the first one of the tournament. The amount of long balls Beckham has tried and wasted throughout the 3 games has been terrible. Of course ones going to come off now and then.

Poor Hargreaves.  Puts a good shift in at CM and gets rewarded with a place at RB.

152783[/snapback]

Then will have a shite game and his good work v Sweden will be forgotten. Once more he will be "shit". :(

152788[/snapback]

This decision is mental. I thought both Carragher and Hargreves especially had been playing quite well.

Guest CrimsonFault
Poor Hargreaves.  Puts a good shift in at CM and gets rewarded with a place at RB.

152783[/snapback]

He shouldn't be Canadian then.

152783[/snapback]

Then will have a shite game and his good work v Sweden will be forgotten. Once more he will be "shit". :(

152788[/snapback]

This decision is mental. I thought both Carragher and Hargreves especially had been playing quite well.

152793[/snapback]

Its a totally brainless decsion from Sven. Hargreaves put ina good game in the "holding role" so straight away Sven takes him out there to play Carrick.

And instead of playing Carragher at RB he will play Hargreaves way out of positon where he will probably struggle through no fault of his own. And finally having decided to play Hargreaves there he still makes a further cock up of playing a totally out of sorts Campbell ahead of Carragher at CB!

I've no problem with Carrick or Hargreaves playing in the holding role, but the rest of it is ludicrous.

I think Hargreaves at right-back has something to do with him being fast, and can overlap Beckham and link up well, unlike Carragher, who is very reliable defensively but can't get forward, preventing us from getting the best out of Beckham.