England v Ecuador

Lazarus

Very crap to be fair!

Great tackle by Cole to save a certain goal and the possible nudge on Cole when he went for a header + the handball right in front of the box (and the ref) which went ignored are about all we've achieved.

Carrick has done his job, got the ball and passed it nicely and accurately to feet, but some of the others still doing to many long passes.

Despite the pretty poor performance i'm going for 2-0 to England in the second half with goals from Beckham and Rooney.

And Becks needs to do something because his set pieces have been shite today and that is the main reason for having him when he isn't playing so well.

Well i wasn't far off with my 2nd half prediction!

Much better second half, and Carrick makes a a big difference with his passing.

And Rooney got better and better as the game went on and looks as if he could be in the form we need from him right at the time we need it against the better teams.

That was utter shit.

Not taking Beckham off after he scored when it was clear to every fucking TV viewer that he couldn't go on was the last straw for me - Eriksson is a clueless idiot of the highest order, the man should be shot instead of being paid £4m a year. England looked about as organised, passionate and willing as Souness' Newcastle sides. What a fucking idiot. McClaren may be shit, but there's no way anyone could do a worse job with that squad.

England are going to get totally arse-raped if they play like that in the next round.

Ecuador were terrible.

We should've won that comfortably but thanks to Sven and his clueless tactics (the formation didn't create enough chances against a poor side, I dread to think what will happen if we play either Portugal or Holland.) we struggled.

Cole played well and kept us in it, I thought Hargreves did alright considering he's a HOLDING MIDFIELDER and Beckham's free kick was pure class.

I want Lampard dropped. He isn't in form and is a liability. We can't afford to have him ballooning the ball over the bar in the quarter finals.

Play Crouch and Rooney up front with Gerrard and Carrick/Hargeaves int he holding role, allowign him to go forward.

Carrying too many players who arent producing. Seems , like Beckham, Lampard is undroppable regardless of how he is playing.

Even when subs were made we saw Cole and Gerrard go off and Lampard stay on the pitch

Another good game from Hargreaves. Just gets on and does his job.

Due to the squad I dont think we have any other option but to stick with this system. I cant see how with only two fit strikers we can play 2 up front. Leaves you with zero cover if anything goes wrong. Too big a risk, especially as Rooney isnt fit.

Drop Lampard, bring Beckham inside and play Lennon on the right.

Edited by luckypierre

ssn have just said beckham was dehydrated before the game. apparantly he was vomiting during it.

153177[/snapback]

He was and still wasn't replaced, the dehydration was brought on through Sven sucking him dry before the game :(

If Beckham was throwing up on the side of the pitch and was obviously struggling, why on earth didnt sven take him off sooner? :P It may have been the tension/heat and emotion got to him after he scored. Gary Linekar was all for showing the footage of it afterwards, but bbc wouldnt allow it :(

If Beckham was throwing up on the side of the pitch and was obviously struggling, why on earth didnt sven take him off sooner?  :P  It may have been the tension/heat and emotion got to him after he scored. Gary Linekar was all for showing the footage of it afterwards, but bbc wouldnt allow it  :(

153186[/snapback]

Simple, because he's Beckham, saviour of the english nation.

Boils my bastard piss tbh :icon_lol:

Total shit, but we did enough, and to be honest if we win the World Cup by just doing enough, I'll be delighted !!

Ramsay said he wouldn't pick the best players, but he would always pick the best team.

Sven picks the Biggest Egos and expects them to perform irrepective of the conditions, opposition or tactics.

Congratulations for making it into the next round, but there really has to be some kind of improvement in the style of play or I can't see England going further. IMHO the worst thing is that England are not really creating any chances (and I think I do have said that after the games before). Scrapping dodgy one goal wins like today looks very "Jorman" to me, maybe that is what it needs to win something...

For the day I do have to say that most English fans I met today behaved absolutely fantastic. They didn't even start to boo and have a go at the pre-match "entertainment" at the huge screens that were put up at the Schloßplatz in Stuttgart (and they would have had every right to take the piss out of it). The atmoshphere wasn't totally exstatic, but this probably was down to the performance, but overall really catchy, with all fans celebrating together. After the game it was great that they had a band on stage (that was shit before the match) playing classical songs and a lot people were dancing, singing and just having fun. I really had a nice day (and will post some photos tomorrow).

Only me that didn't think we were that bad then?  I reckon it's gonna take them being faced with decent competition for them to up their game.

153217[/snapback]

I'm with you, for half the game anyway! First half we were crap, second much better with Rooney excellent and Carrick showing what he can do.

Plenty of room for improvement but we only ever show it against the best teams, we always tend to struggle early on.

When England won the world cup in rugby they were criticised pretty much all the way through for not playing great rugby, only doing enough to win and being dull compared to the so called flair teams, anyone think they gave a flying fuck when they brought the trophy home!!!

One big difference of course is that before the world cup the rugby team had proven without doubt they were the best team in the world and could play amazing rugby, but in the cup itself they were supremely effective but not amazing to watch, then come the final they turned in an excellent performance.

Even in the ashes we started by getting a bit of beating from the aussies in the first test!

But England really do need to step it up a gear for the next round onwards and i think Rooney will play a big part in making that happen.