Frank Lampard

Brock Manson

He's complete and utter shite for England, he can't shoot or pass to a white shirt, and he scuppers so many attacks it beggars belief.

He shouldn't be in the squad, let alone on the pitch.

The fact he's had the most shots in the tournament and no goals just highlights the fact he should fucking PASS. :(

Sorry Gol, but take your boy home. The next time I see Lampard in an England shirt is one more time too many.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

His goal record for Enland overall tells you how good a goal scoerer he is at international level, there aren't many better.

In this tounament however his shooting has been beyond shite and he has wasted arguably 10+ decent chances and is lucky perhaps to have kept his place.

I'm not going to suddenly say he's crap, but he's vastly overrated. Another very poor performance from the "second best player in the world" - we'd do much better with Carrick there instead, should we switch to 4-4-2.

It's not the players' fault, IMHO. It's all down to Eriksson being the most clueless manager of the whole tournament.

153166[/snapback]

I can't blame Sven for Lampard's shooting! But overall you will always have the feeling that however far England get be it win/semi or quarter it is despite Sven and not because of him.

It's not the players' fault, IMHO. It's all down to Eriksson being the most clueless manager of the whole tournament.

153166[/snapback]

Is it really though?

It's not Sven wearing a motion capture suit which controls Lampard's actions. He really is that shit for England! :(

Have to agree with Brock on this one he's been a liability this tournament both in passing and shooting. Carrick has staked his place today that he should be the chosen one to play alongside Gerrard, both players great with both feet and Carrick just seems to be able to buy time on the ball, something we'll need against technically better teams.

I would like to see them go back to 4-4-2 with Lennon replacing the Pons on the right and either Walcott or the freak providing some support to Rooney who done his best today but imo was wasted playing the lone striker role, especially since he's just returned to fitness.

Based on Form, Lampard should be dropped now !

Move Beckham to the middle and play Lennon on the wide right.

153194[/snapback]

Why does Beckham deserve his place Jimbo, what exactly does he contribute to the team?

Do you really want such an inexperienced players in a world cup QF?

i wouldnt.

153199[/snapback]

I'd rather inexperienced to ineffective.

Other than todays goal, what has Beckaham done forEngland in the last... god knows how long?

i wouldnt.

153199[/snapback]

Other than todays goal, what has Beckaham done forEngland in the last... god knows how long?

153201[/snapback]

the only reason beckham is so 'ineffective' is that were not using him properly.

i wouldnt.

153199[/snapback]

153201[/snapback]

the only reason beckham is so 'ineffective' is that were not using him properly.

153203[/snapback]

What do you suggest?

The only way he could be used properly with the ability he has now is if they changed the rules of football to where he could be brought on for freekicks and corners then taken off again.

he doesn't beat people, his workrate now sucks, his effectiveness from setpieces is suddenly nonexistant.

The only way to use him properly would be to make football game outcomes based on net worth and not ability.

Lennon beats players, he commits defenders into the tackle, he forces the opposition back allieviating pressure from the centre of the park.

i wouldnt.

153199[/snapback]

153201[/snapback]

153203[/snapback]

What do you suggest?

The only way he could be used properly with the ability he has now is if they changed the rules of football to where he could be brought on for freekicks and corners then taken off again.

153207[/snapback]

i'd simply instruct him not to cut inside

153194[/snapback]

Why does Beckham deserve his place Jimbo, what exactly does he contribute to the team?

153198[/snapback]

Created the goal against Paraguay and his crossing was world class, provided the ball for Crouch for England's first goal against T&T, and love him or hate him, he scored the winner today, agreed he's not at his best but you can't ignor what he has done for England's results so far, you could have played Lampard for 900mins today and he still wouldn't have scored.

.. but Laz, that's not his only flaw.

as I noted above.

153212[/snapback]

no its not - but he would be more effective on the wing, rather than i the middle.

i'm not a beckham fanboy or anything but ask your self who are englands best crossers of the ball - and how often do we exploit that?

he doesn't beat people, his workrate now sucks, his effectiveness from setpieces is suddenly nonexistant.

The only way to use him properly would be to make football game outcomes based on net worth and not ability.

Lennon beats players, he commits defenders into the tackle, he forces the opposition back allieviating pressure from the centre of the park.

153210[/snapback]

I don't think his work rate is questionable at all tbh. And he won us the game today with a free kick. I'm a big fan of Beckham, and as much as he's misfired this tournament, I'd be loathe to drop him. If anything I'd take Lampard out the team, move Beckham inside and stick Lennon wide right.

153210[/snapback]

I don't think his work rate is questionable at all tbh. And he won us the game today with a free kick. I'm a big fan of Beckham, and as much as he's misfired this tournament, I'd be loathe to drop him. If anything I'd take Lampard out the team, move Beckham inside and stick Lennon wide right.

153219[/snapback]

Thats my take too, I think England have been VERY poor so far, but if you had taken Beckham out of England's world cup games we'd have been home before the postcards.

as I noted above.

153212[/snapback]

no its not - but he would be more effective on the wing, rather than i the middle.

i'm not a beckham fanboy or anything but ask your self who are englands best crossers of the ball - and how often do we exploit that?

153216[/snapback]

Beckham cuts inside because he no longer has the ability to go past a man, therefore he tries to hide his flaws, as any player would, add this to the fact that he fancies himself as a CM and this explains his inept performances.

as I noted above.

153212[/snapback]

153216[/snapback]

Beckham cuts inside because he no longer has the ability to go past a man, therefore he tries to hide his flaws, as any player would, add this to the fact that he fancies himself as a CM and this explains his inept performances.

153221[/snapback]

His inept performance won us the game today.

153210[/snapback]

Quoted for truth, he's a luxury we can't afford, much like Laurent Robert in his latter days at the toon