Mighty Aussies vs Italy

Steve

If we can get past Italy we can go all the way, does anyone fancy us going through? Personally I'm more worried about this match than any other so far, including the Brazil game. We have gone behind in all three of our games thus far, doing that against Italy will be the end of us because they'll just shut up shop. We HAVE to score first to have any chance against them.

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Italy's Alessandro Nesta has been ruled out of Monday's second round match with Australia because of a thigh injury.

Nesta's place will be taken by Marco Materazzi, who scored in the 2-0 victory over the Czech Republic.

Australia goalkeeper Zejko Kalac, who let in a soft goal against Croatia, has been replaced by Mark Schwarzer.

Harry Kewell (groin) is a doubt and manager Guus Hiddink has to choose between Mark Milligan and Jason Culina to replace the suspended Brett Emerton.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Probable teams

Italy: Gianluigi Buffon; Gianluca Zambrotta, Marco Materazzi, Fabio Cannavaro, Fabio Grosso; Simone Perrotta, Andrea Pirlo, Gennaro Gattuso, Mauro Camoranesi; Francesco Totti; Alberto Gilardino.

Australia: Mark Schwarzer; Marco Bresciano, Lucas Neill, Craig Moore, Scott Chipperfield; Vince Grella, Jason Culina, Tim Cahill, Mile Sterjovski, Harry Kewell; Mark Viduka.

Referee: Luis Medina Cantalejo (Spain).

From BBC

If we can get past Italy we can go all the way, does anyone fancy us going through? Personally I'm more worried about this match than any other so far, including the Brazil game. We have gone behind in all three of our games thus far, doing that against Italy will be the end of us because they'll just shut up shop. We HAVE to score first to have any chance against them.

153374[/snapback]

The reason you're more nervous is because it's sudden death now, Aussie boy. I know you're not used to this sort of thing so I'm glad I can help you to understand the feelings you're having. :blink:

I reckon your World Cup journey ends today. :rolleyes:

Only a drongo like Alf Robers would say you have a hope.

untitled7gj1.jpg

153426[/snapback]

:blink:

We obviously have a chance but just cant concede an early goal.

I bloody hope we win it though and if we do this whole nation will be buzzing. Guus did it 4 years ago with South Korea and now he can do it 4 years later with Australia. In Guus we trust.

Guus > Sven :rolleyes:

It pains me to say this, but seeing as we have such an Australian collection on here I don't mind supprting them during the KO stages. Plus, the further they go then the more big boys that are out.

I want them both to lose

153462[/snapback]

You, Mr Avenger, are a prick. I will not look upon Hove as favourably next time I am passing through on my way to Brighton.

I want them both to lose

153462[/snapback]

You, Mr Avenger, are a prick. I will not look upon Hove as favourably next time I am passing through on my way to Brighton.

153463[/snapback]

Just so long as you give Brockley a wave!

I want them both to lose

153462[/snapback]

153463[/snapback]

153465[/snapback]

Who is Brockley?

153468[/snapback]

It's a place. (And a vegetable.)

I want them both to lose

153462[/snapback]

153463[/snapback]

153465[/snapback]

Who is Brockley?

153468[/snapback]

153469[/snapback]

I dont wish to be nitty, but what sort of route from Southampton to Brighton goes past Brockley?

I want them both to lose

153462[/snapback]

153463[/snapback]

153465[/snapback]

Who is Brockley?

153468[/snapback]

153469[/snapback]

I dont wish to be nitty, but what sort of route from Southampton to Brighton goes past Brockley?

153470[/snapback]

I thought yer man Steve was in Norf Lahndan these days. Granted, he'd probably still go out of Victoria, so...

I want them both to lose

153462[/snapback]

153463[/snapback]

153465[/snapback]

Who is Brockley?

153468[/snapback]

153469[/snapback]

153470[/snapback]

I thought yer man Steve was in Norf Lahndan these days. Granted, he'd probably still go out of Victoria, so...

153473[/snapback]

I didnt realise he had moved, maybe I actually dont know everything

Hither Green is much superior to Brockley imo

Edited by spongebob toonpants

153479[/snapback]

:blink: But Brockley is such a lovely pocket of green... scummers to the left of me, Lewisham to the right, here I am stuck in the middle with 17 fried chicken shops

or something

153479[/snapback]

:blink: But Brockley is such a lovely pocket of green... scummers to the left of me, Lewisham to the right, here I am stuck in the middle with 17 fried chicken shops

or something

153480[/snapback]

Now I am really confused, I thought you were in Germany

153479[/snapback]

or something

153480[/snapback]

153484[/snapback]

It's like rearranging the furniture at Helen Keller's house. :rolleyes:

153479[/snapback]

or something

153480[/snapback]

153484[/snapback]

It's like rearranging the furniture at Helen Keller's house. :rolleyes:

153487[/snapback]

House? I thought Hellen Keller lived in a caravan