Dirk Kujt

ChocChip

Having watched him against Portugal these are my main impressions:

1) Hard working, fairly strong, not particularly quick, doesn't jump very high.

2) Decent technique, good first touch, no silky skills but good enough.

3) Reads the game fairly well, takes up good postions around the box to get the ball or link up play.

4) Not a really clinical finisher in the mould of Shearer or Van Horseface.

Verdict: A good support player to play along side a good finisher, will create chances for other people, work hard for the team in attack and closing down when the oppostions has the ball, could play the lone striker role if his team had good goal scoring midfielders. Would work well with Owen. Not worth £10m.

I'm aware of his record in the Dutch league but yesterday was the first time i saw him play 90 minutes rather than just highlights.

Having watched him against Portugal these are my main impressions:

1) Hard working, fairly strong, not particularly quick, doesn't jump very high.

2) Decent technique, good first touch, no silky skills but good enough.

3) Reads the game fairly well, takes up good postions around the box to get the ball or link up play.

4) Not a really clinical finisher in the mould of Shearer or Van Horseface.

Verdict: A good support player to play along side a good finisher, will create chances for other people, work hard for the team in attack and closing down when the oppostions has the ball, could play the lone striker role if his team had good goal scoring midfielders. Would work well with Owen. Not worth £10m.

I'm aware of his record in the Dutch league but yesterday was the first time i saw him play 90 minutes rather than just highlights.

153399[/snapback]

Exactly what I thought but could not put into words. We could buy him but that would leave us still needing a goal scorer.

Definetely not worth the £10+ million his club are asking for, but us been Newcastle we'll pay way over the odds..Just hope he's not another John Dahl Tommason.

153403[/snapback]

By that i guess you mean as they both played in Holland as that's surely the only comparison that can be made?

Definetely not worth the £10+ million his club are asking for, but us been Newcastle we'll pay way over the odds..Just hope he's not another John Dahl Tommason.

153403[/snapback]

By that i guess you mean as they both played in Holland as that's surely the only comparison that can be made?

153440[/snapback]

Yeah, Tommason had scored loads in the Dutch league like Kuyt but he did nothing for us.

9) Has heard of Newcastle so would be a Geordie addition to the Geordie ranks of Geordie players making the Geordie nation Geordietastically Geordie-proud!

153441[/snapback]

Amen my Geordie Brother! Let's sign him.

I thought it was somewhere between the two. One of those sounds we don't really have in English (except possibly in Inebriated Glaswegian).

153456[/snapback]

I was led to believe that the vowel sounds are similar to those employed when David Hasslehoff says buoy.

153403[/snapback]

153440[/snapback]

Yeah, Tommason had scored loads in the Dutch league like Kuyt but he did nothing for us.

153443[/snapback]

Difference is Tommasson was extremely young and wasn't helped by the fact Sir Les getting sold, Shearer being injured, Tino getting injured then getting sold and to the fact he isn't an out an out striker

153403[/snapback]

153440[/snapback]

153443[/snapback]

Difference is Tommasson was extremely young and wasn't helped by the fact Sir Les getting sold, Shearer being injured, Tino getting injured then getting sold and to the fact he isn't an out an out striker

153460[/snapback]

viana wasnt a defensive midfielder either

i thought he was rubbish yesterday, which could be good for us if we buy him on the cheap now and he ends up doing the business for us. this world cup was his club's chance to add a few million to his price tag but he blew it.

My other concern is that he doesn't look like he's the finished article. Often these players move on to bigger clubs and get better as a result of good coaching and management and because they're playing with better footballers.

Can't really think of many players who have improved significantly while at NUFC tbh.

Exceptions being Bellamy, N'Zogbia, Given and Bernard in my incredibly short memory!