Spain vs France

Kid Dynamite

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Spain's youthful and exuberant midfield trio if Cesc plays instead of Senna could run rings around the ageing France midfield, also Villa is still wasted out left

Then again if Henry goes out all guns blazing which he probably will due to his hatred of Aragones it could be interesting

Has all the makings of a WC classic.... 0-0 AET it is then

I think whoever wins will get knocked out by Brazil in the Quarters anyway. As for who I'd like to win, I'd like Henry to score loads to stick it up Aragones, but at the same time I'd hate to see France go further in the tournament. :blink: Dunno what I want really.

I think whoever wins will get knocked out by Brazil in the Quarters anyway.  As for who I'd like to win, I'd like Henry to score loads to stick it up Aragones, but at the same time I'd hate to see France go further in the tournament. :blink:  Dunno what I want really.

153832[/snapback]

4-4 thriller extra time and pens? :rolleyes:

and probally three sending offs.

It's All bollocks but....

If Nostradamus has his way, Spain is all set to lift this year's football World Cup.

Spanish journalists have managed to find a prediction made by Nostradamus in 1555 about the outcome of the 2006 World Cup, Russian magzine Pravda said in a report.

The 16th century author of prophecies wrote that "the Spanish king and his army will cross over the Pyrenees at the end of the sixth month of the sixth year. The king will win the battle with Beelzebub on the fields of Central Europe, and the army will return the Holy Grail to Spain".

Interpreting the prediction, the journalists said that "The Spanish king and his army" stands for the national Spanish football team and its coach Luis Aragones.

"The fields of Central Europe" stand for the football stadiums in Germany and "the Holy Grail" is the World Cup, the report said.

There is general consensus that Nostradamus accurately predicted the French Revolution, the rise of Napoleon and Hitler, both World Wars and the nuclear destruction of Hiroshima and Nagasaki. But will his prophecy hold true for the football World Cup?

Some fans point out that Spain has had a successful tournament so far and easily won all three of its league matches.

However, the first real test for Nostradamus' prophecy comes in Hanover on Tuesday when Spain faces 1998 champions France for a place in the World Cup quarterfinals.

Tenners on Spain then.

Edited by Happy Face

If anyone still thinks Aragones is racist, let's just let the man himself clear this up once and for all:

When Aragonés was asked yesterday whether he would apologise to the forward in person tonight, he said: "No, no, don't go down that road. Henry knows through Reyes, through everything [how I feel]. I won't talk about it for another second. It's a topic that isn't worth talking about. Why? Because it's not like that. I have black, Gypsy and Japanese friends, including one whose job is to determine the sex of poultry."

Tribute to Zidane coming up on ITV.  It'll be shite compared to what they'd do on BBC, but might still be worth watching.

154084[/snapback]

I missed it, any good?

154102[/snapback]

It was alright, nowt spesh.