Spilling juice over your laptop

Isegrim

:rolleyes:

Yesterday I spilt juice over my laptop. I tried to dry it up immidiately and it worked fine later, but today I had some problems as some keys were not working properly and when ever I pressed a certain keys I got it showed up a string of characters/numbers, e.g. when I pressed "4" I got "45f". I think it was down to the sugar that glued some contacts

I first though about opening the laptop and try to clean it, but wasn't sure if I could put it together again afterwards. So I decided to use my steam iron to dissolve the sugar and used a hair-dryer to dry it up immidiately. :blink:

The laptop does work fine again, but does anyone of those IT nerds think that there could be any lasting effects? Should I rather get it cleaned properly?

The mental images of you holding a steam iron over your laptop are hilarious! :blink:

Ingenious like - I never would have thought of that!

There will two sliding clips somewhere that will allow your keyboard to be flipped up and removed (it is only connected with a ribbon cable then held by clips). If you can order the correct replacement keyboard it should be easily interchangeable. You should also be able to have a look to see if any leaked underneath (the keyboard backboard should have stopped any steam getting in, but i wouldn't reccomend doing it again. Keyboards are a darn sight easier to replace than if you need a new processor!

I dont think i could be arsed with taking it apart an all that! They're so cheap to buy  :blink:

153809[/snapback]

Wow, you must be super-rich to buy new stuff just because it might be broken... though, it might have nothing to do about having money, it's probably just because you are a woman. I'll probably try what Matt said and just remove the keyboard, even as the laptop is working smoothly again.

And Gemmill, go and drink your pink wine! :rolleyes:

I dont think i could be arsed with taking it apart an all that! They're so cheap to buy  :D

153809[/snapback]

The laptop you tart, not the keyboard! :D

Gemmill knows all about breaking laptops by spilling liquid on them :icon_lol: