Players with a Century of Caps

Lazarus

There is an argument that those with astronomical numbers of caps for minnows such as Saudi Arabia and Egypt shouldn't really count alongside the more established footballing countries.

Of course that thought could just be a product of my rather confused mind.

For starters can I ask how you would judge who the "minnows" are? Considering the fact that you stated Saudi Arabia, who have qualified for the last 4 world cups?

Your idea of saying no when asked to play for your country is ludicrous as well. Let me guess, you're one of these people that think all of the "big" teams should automatically qualify for the WC?

Edited by Sima

Yes. Yes I am. I believe there should only be one team to qualify from all the so called minnow continents put together. Say the champions of Australasia would play of with their equivalents in Asia, Africa and let's say North and Central America. That way we could fill the World Cup with decent teams from the big footballing continents such as Europe and South America. Fair representation be damned I want to see teams full of players I can recognise from watching the Premier League on Sky Sports.

I mean imagine if England didn't qualify? The whole World Cup would be a joke.

Now excuse me I'm missing the mighty Brazil's summary dispatching of some minnow or other. Chelsea player isn't even playing for them, what's the point?

Yes that was a little naughty but I couldn't resist when you seemed to have your dander up, all indignant and righteous. Justifiably so I might add if you thought I was genuine.

I might have kept it up if the game hadn't have been pending. Kept it a little more credible. Might have been fun.

154005[/snapback]

Er - didnt we miss the 1994 world cup?

154005[/snapback]

154040[/snapback]

Er........yes we fucking did and for the first fucking time some of the games were on my fucking door-step in Los Angeles.

As you can tell I'm still seething about that. :blink:

154005[/snapback]

154040[/snapback]

It was a joke! Didn't you see Diana Ross?!