Magpies sign-up Jimmy

DavB93

Id much rather have defoe than bent. Defoe has hit a bad patch at spurs and we could get him for half of what hes worth if he has a good season. Bent looked totally out of his league in his 1 game for england and i cant see him terrorising european defences tbh. I think a bit of tlc by roeder and shearer will get defoe back to his best.

Hasslebaink makes sense for 12months, hes free and we are desperate. it suits both parties.

i wouldn't mind jfh here as a stopgap but it would totally contradict roeder's comments about building a younger squad.

153907[/snapback]

Would it? He could have a plan to bring in young players, and then bring in the best available option for one year, while Owen is out injured. It would totally contradict the statement he's made above, that we're not getting JFH.

For heavens sake he's 34 and completely past it. I mean, we used to criticize shearer in the last two season, mainly because he lost pace and stamina due to age. Just wait till this man get on the pitch.

Hope to hell its not true!!!!

153785[/snapback]

For heaven's sake, we've got no money and a MASSIVE striker crisis. He scored 18 goals for them last season, he's free, and he's a stop gap. Use your brain and see the signing for what it is ffs.

153791[/snapback]

There have to be other strikers who are not 34 and are available for little money. If this signing happens all I can see is that we pay him silly wages for a year, he does nothing and then packs his bag at the end of the season and again we are looking for a striker. We should look for a long term replacement NOW.

As for hasselbaink, age is the only factor which creates doubts in my mind about him. A 28 year old Hasselbaink would be great, but at his age he may do a job for a club like Boro or Charlton but not for one chasing CL football. (If thats the aim still, but with rumours like these you have to wonder).

So you have your opinion, fair enough. But thats mine.

There are better players in the Championship at the moment than Nugent.

But I don't care about that league anymore. The best players have all been promoted.

154097[/snapback]

Are they free ???