• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Murray 2 sets up and looking good  :blink:

154067[/snapback]

WooooOOOOooo you wanna marry him! :rolleyes:

154070[/snapback]

Shut it, Ginger Snap :(

Last time I saw his match, Tiger Tim was 2-1 up.

Did he have his trademark nervous collapse or did he manage to win?

154086[/snapback]

Scraped through in five sets.

Murray won in three straight sets.

I always enjoy Wimbledon, have watched a fair bit of Davis cup when its been on and occasionally wach other tennis on tv, but other than wimbeldon i'm not a big fan.

You can tell its time for Wimbledon when the equal pay argument starts up again.

Its very simple, as soon as the women are willing to do the same work as the men (best of 5 sets) they are more than entitled to the same pay as the men. But they won't, so they should stop banging on about it.

They also neglect to point out its the difference between winning about £675,000 and a mere £635,000 or something like that!

But according to Venus Williams its about empowering women all over the world and thats who they're fighting for...of course it is, so much so that maybe she'd like to give some of her millions to women round the world if it means that much to her!

Its very simple, as soon as the women are willing to do the same work as the men (best of 5 sets) they are more than entitled to the same pay as the men. But they won't, so they should stop banging on about it.

154134[/snapback]

Mr Lazaru - get your facts right! The women have frequently asked TO BE ALLOWED to play 5 set matches only to be told they can't! Players like Martina Navratilova have tried for donkeys to change that rule only to come up against a brick wall.

Nor is it the point that there is only a little bit of a discrepency between the prize money - the fact is that there IS a discrepency, however small.

I'm certainly not someone who would ever bang on about the inequalities in the prize money of tennis etc - to be honest I enjoy watching the game and don't take much notice of the politics, but I'm afraid you are wrong to almost suggest that women don't deserve the same prize as the men.

154134[/snapback]

Mr Lazaru - get your facts right! The women have frequently asked TO BE ALLOWED to play 5 set matches only to be told they can't! Players like Martina Navratilova have tried for donkeys to change that rule only to come up against a brick wall.

Nor is it the point that there is only a little bit of a discrepency between the prize money - the fact is that there IS a discrepency, however small.

I'm certainly not someone who would ever bang on about the inequalities in the prize money of tennis etc - to be honest I enjoy watching the game and don't take much notice of the politics, but I'm afraid you are wrong to almost suggest that women don't deserve the same prize as the men.

154136[/snapback]

I didn't almost suggest it, i 100% suggested it! :blink:

Its a black and white question, do you think one sex should be paid the same as the other for doing half the work in any walk of life, the answer is no. The same would apply in a job where women do the same as blokes and get paid less, that would be just as wrong. Thats not a tennis issue its an equality issue.

Can't say i've seen hundreds of the women players begging to play 5 sets, i know Navratalova wanted to and applaud her for that, just as i applauded Graf for sayimg " we don't play 5 sets we shouldn't get the same"

The other alternative of course is for women to play matches against the men and be paid the same, but that wouldn't be a contest, especially on grass! And i actually often prefer some of the womens macthes at Wimbledon because the mens can soemtimes get bogged down with too many power serves screaming past people.

Its a black and white question, do you think one sex should be paid the same as the other for doing half the work in any walk of life, the answer is no. The same would apply in a job where women do the same as blokes and get paid less, that would be just as wrong. Thats not a tennis issue its an equality issue.

154144[/snapback]

I just think it's wrong for whoever makes the rules to not allow women to play the 5-set game when they would be willing to. :blink:

The men's game is hugely boring these days - I agree with you on that bit :rolleyes: I much prefer a serve & volley game to 3 hours of aces/double faults :(

154144[/snapback]

I just think it's wrong for whoever makes the rules to not allow women to play the 5-set game when they would be willing to. :blink:

The men's game is hugely boring these days - I agree with you on that bit :rolleyes: I much prefer a serve & volley game to 3 hours of aces/double faults :(

154146[/snapback]

If the majority of women wanted to play 5 sets and some idiot/idiots stop them then i agree with you, thats a disgrace. I can't see it though because to be completely honest theres no way i myself would actively fight to play 5 sets if i could earn shitloads playing 3 sets!

I don't know why it still comes up anyway, both sexes are already obscenely rewarded for playing tennis and all the other major tournaments pay them the same anyway, theres only wimbledon left and the difference is negligable to people with their money.

Love watching tennis live, though less so on the telly. Used to get myself down to the tournament at Jesmond every summer and work as a steward. Tenner a day and scran vouchers for getting a tan, watching plenty of tour-quality tennis and telling posh gits to shut up. Superb. :blink:

Love watching tennis live, though less so on the telly. Used to get myself down to the tournament at Jesmond every summer and work as a steward. Tenner a day and scran vouchers for getting a tan, watching plenty of tour-quality tennis and telling posh gits to shut up. Superb.  :rolleyes:

154198[/snapback]

Proper Gosforth posho, you. :blink: