Shearer In A Whole New Light

Tooj

:icon_lol: Love that.  Good taste in music too  :D

Mind, its always been obvious (to me anyway) that Shearer is soooo not like his 'media' image in real life.....he's a normal bloke and apparantely a real laugh.  I've noticed now he's not a player he is relaxing more and more during his pundit role, and so we're starting to see the real person.

154363[/snapback]

Agreed, anyone not liking U2 should be shot by firing squad.

154367[/snapback]

U2 are fucking shite ffs, I'd love to drown Bono in lava tbh, sanctimonious prick that he is.

154429[/snapback]

You are entitled to your opinion however wrong it is ! :D

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

U2 are fucking shite ffs, I'd love to drown Bono in lava tbh, sanctimonious prick that he is.

154429[/snapback]

Regardless of what you think of their music, it's hard to argue with those sentiments.

Seems weird seeing him carry on like that after years of portraying himself as a right boring bastard

154391[/snapback]

can you blame him though? If you give too much of yourself you get picked to pieces by the media etc...so he's always been guarded and careful about what he says, giving the impression he's boring. He let his football do the talking.

He was just a normal guy who wanted to play his football...he's obviously a naturally reserved person anyway who is only really himself with those he trusts and knows well. I've heard he is a right prankster who loves a good laugh.

EDIT

Not even going to get into the U2 argument again, we've done that before :D Each to their own!

Edited by Toonraider

Guest CrimsonFault
People on N-O are emailing it in the BBC.  Hopefully they'll show it before the England game and show him up. :D

154277[/snapback]

Then they'll complain about Gary Linekar being a right twat for not showing it.

People on N-O are emailing it in the BBC.  Hopefully they'll show it before the England game and show him up. :D

154277[/snapback]

Then they'll complain about Gary Linekar being a right twat for not showing it.

154490[/snapback]

Gary Lineker is NOT a twat! :D

Rare to see the human side of the lad. Always aware there was more to him than the guarded assasin he was in front of goal. And good on him. In this day and age why should he reveal his private side to everybody we do not have a god given right to know everything. Nobody said he had to and the less you know about someone the more intruigin they are anyway.

Have I missed something here, or was that just a video of Shearer driving along in his car then sticking his tongue out at the end?  :D

154546[/snapback]

He sings for a little bit as well. :D

Rare to see the human side of the lad.  Always aware there was more to him than the guarded assasin he was in front of goal.  And good on him.  In this day and age why should he reveal his private side to everybody we do not have a god given right to know everything.  Nobody said he had to and the less you know about someone the more intruigin they are anyway.

154534[/snapback]

spot on!

Rare to see the human side of the lad.  Always aware there was more to him than the guarded assasin he was in front of goal.  And good on him.  In this day and age why should he reveal his private side to everybody we do not have a god given right to know everything.  Nobody said he had to and the less you know about someone the more intruigin they are anyway.

154534[/snapback]

spot on!

154550[/snapback]

Are you really saying you find Shearer intriguing? :D He was a brilliant goalscorer and I think he's probably a canny lad, but he's hardly an enigma is he.

Edited by Gemmill

154534[/snapback]

spot on!

154550[/snapback]

Are you really saying you find Shearer intriguing? :D He was a brilliant goalscorer and I think he's probably a canny life, but he's hardly an enigma is he.

154562[/snapback]

noo course he's not intriguing :D:icon_lol: but the fact we never really see the real person is!

154534[/snapback]

DUUUUUUUDDDEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!

Like the avatar :D I almost shelled out £400 to buy the arcade for my house but decided a real car was a higher priority. Still regret that choice :D

wasnt there also a story about him shagging that older (but you would) actress that now makes cakes? Allegedly like, across the bonnet of his motor when he was at Southampton.

*allegedly, I heard that from a bloke in a pub and Im not talking about anyone specific in this thread, I mean just cos the threads about Shearer doesnt mean that this post is as well does it? prove it..go on in a court of law.

Jane Asher thats the bird.

154534[/snapback]

cant believe he didn't a single word to the U" song he was mumbling along to! one of the plastics if you ask me :D

154534[/snapback]

cant believe he didn't a single word to the U" song he was mumbling along to! one of the plastics if you ask me :D

155002[/snapback]

Only you could drag a big brother observation onto a NUFC board about shearer...? did laugh out loud though and then spend the next 20 minutes explaining it to Little G

Edited by skhwoody

has anyone heard anyhing about him not being happy about it and wanting to sue the person that put it on the net

156395[/snapback]

There was something in the chronicle saying that, but i haven't heard anything since. There wasn't any direct quotes from Shearer himself so for now we'll give him the benfit of the doubt but he really should be bigger than to be bothered by something like that!

From the fiver

Alan Shearer has confirmed he won't be seeing anyone in court after a video clip showing him "singing" along to U2's Elevation found its way on to the internet. The clip was apparently filmed by one of the dreary pundit's daughters.
Edited by geordieshandy