Spider-Man 3!

Geordie Boyo

.. whats a cult movie?

Saw?

wheyaye it's a cult movie, if by cult you mean "retarded attempt to cash in reality tv/gore fads" and by Movie you mean "Pile of shite"

the only films on the horizon that are making me more sparky in my toilet areas are, Transformers the Movie and Batman Begins... 2 (whatever they're going to call it)

edit oh and snakes on a plane :D

155127[/snapback]

Don't you think you blew your argument out of the water by listing the films you're looking forward to?

Don't think I'm your replacement Crimson Fault, there's nee point in me trying to convince you that Saw is a quality movie when you don't want to listen. :D

thing is Brock I'm not saying that these will be good movies, nor am I saying that they will be cult movies.

in my eyes Battle Royale is a cult movie, Clerks is a cult movie, Dog Soldiers is a cult/B movie... Saw was too commercial, too popcorn and too pedestrian to be classed as a cult movie.

I don't mind if you enjoyed it, but I don't think you can call it a "Cult" movie.

But it is a cult movie!

Judging by the amount of money it's made and the width of the fanbase, it's convinced them to buy out web domains up to Saw 9.

Although Leigh Whannel and James Wan wont continue after Saw 3. I also think making 9 movies would ruin the franchise. 3 is quite enough.

I would have thought it success counts against any cult status.. not for

A cult film is a movie that attracts a small but devoted group of obsessive fans or one that has remained popular over successive years amongst a small group of followers. Often the film failed to achieve mainstream success on its original release, but this is not always the case.

and as for being in a majority.. since when did the majority have taste?

Its shit Brock. You like it , thats fine but then you like Cradle of Filth too. Its a ridiculous , cheap script, laughably acted and the "oh my never" big surprise is kind of spoilt by the fact that the actor lying on the floor happens to have played the badguy in every B movie since 1970. The sequel stars Donnie Wahlberg ffs!

Edited by luckypierre

A cult film is a movie that attracts a small but devoted group of obsessive fans or one that has remained popular over successive years amongst a small group of followers. Often the film failed to achieve mainstream success on its original release, but this is not always the case.

Its shit Brock. You like it , thats fine but then you like Cradle of Filth too. Its a ridiculous , cheap script, laughably acted and the "oh my never" big surprise is kind of spoilt by the fact that the actor lying on the floor happens to have played the badguy in every B movie since 1970. The sequel stars Donnie Wahlberg ffs!

155145[/snapback]

What the fuck has my liking of Cradle of Filth got to do with anything? Do they provide the soundtrack for the movie? Do they star in it?

The script is brilliant, and the acting is certainly not laughable. The film merely sets out to entertain on a shoestring budget, which it does. If you don't like it, fair rnough, but that certainly doesnt make it shite does it? Fucktard.

still don't think it's a cult... we'll have to agree that we won't see eye to eye.

on the bright side I can say that Fast and Furious 3 blows chunks of phlegm up the japs eye of satan, then makes you suck it out.

ok, Brock it's fine that it's entertaining and that you enjoy it, but the script is NOT brilliant.

Pulp Fiction has a brilliant script (for the most part), se7en has a brilliant script, hell you could eve say that Oceans 11 (the original) had a brilliant script.

but Saw does not have a brilliant script.

everything else you say is fine enough, but it's not a "Cult" film and it's not a "Brilliant script"

155145[/snapback]

What the fuck has my liking of Cradle of Filth got to do with anything? Do they provide the soundtrack for the movie? Do they star in it?

The script is brilliant, and the acting is certainly not laughable. The film merely sets out to entertain on a shoestring budget, which it does. If you don't like it, fair rnough, but that certainly doesnt make it shite does it? Fucktard.

155148[/snapback]

:D

its fair enough to have a different opinion but then Im a Fucktard?

all because I dont like a film you do Brock?

Cradle of Filth has nothing to do with the movie , never said it did.. it has everything to do with your lack of taste though little fella.... calm down its supposed to be a light hearted joke. If you look at the first post you'll see a little smiley face sticking his tongue out.

its a slasher movie, the script is far from brilliant, it doesnt need to be but dont dress it up. Cary Elwes is one of the worst actors ever, he outdoes himself in Saw. Again, the sequel stars Donnie Wahlberg ffs!

calm down, ring the german girl and snap one off into a sock

Edited by luckypierre

155145[/snapback]

155148[/snapback]

its fair enough to have a different opinion but then Im a Fucktard?

all because I dont like a film you do Brock?

Cradle of Filth has nothing to do with the movie , never said it did.. it has everything to do with your lack of taste though little fella.... calm down its supposed to be a light hearted joke. If you look at the first post you'll see a little smiley face sticking his tongue out.

its a slasher movie, the script is far from brilliant, it doesnt need to be but dont dress it up. Cary Elwes is one of the worst actors ever, he outdoes himself in Saw. Again, the sequel stars Donnie Wahlberg ffs!

calm down, ring the german girl and snap one off into a sock

155152[/snapback]

SLASHER MOVIE???

Friday the 13th is a slasher movie. Saw is more of a thriller/suspense film.

Script not good? Sure. Next you'll be saying A.I. is a good movie.

SLASHER MOVIE???

Friday the 13th is a slasher movie. Saw is more of a thriller/suspense film.

Script not good? Sure. Next you'll be saying A.I. is a good movie.

155155[/snapback]

ok Brock, you need to watch a real thriller/suspense movie. Anything by Hitchcock, the Hannibal Lector films, The French Connection, Pelican Brief etc. etc. etc.

Saw is a movie which became succesful because it played into the curent fads of reality tv and a desire to be shocked.

Final Destination drew crowds for the same reason, that shock.. the "Jesus.. they can't show that" Horror/Slasher/Gore films have all been more daring and more visceral in their depiction of violence. Saw and it's sequel are just extensions of that. The more convoluted the death scene the better, just as in Final Destination. It's not a supsense film nor a thirller because in my eyes the point of a suspense film is to keep you guesing at the motives and or identity of the criminal, the thriller is will our hero survive.

The Saw plot seems to be.. how will the gruesome scene better the last? I don't mind that it's Popcorn munch-tastic, but it's not a cult film, it's not well scripted and the acting is average at best.

at no point do you empathise with either the villain OR the Hero, at no point did I believe that a) the bad guy was anything but an abstract created for the film (and as such I couldn't find him threatening or terrifying) b ) the good guy felt real love for his family beyond gnashing and wailing of teeth there was no real emotion there. c) there were too many plot holes, too many flaws in the "masterminds" scheme...

I watched it, I winced at the sanguinius parts, I honestly laughed at some of the lines which were not intentionally funny and I at no point gave two dollops of bottom chocolate about any character on the screen.

Now compare that to Silence of the Lambs and that is a suspenseful, disturbing film. Hopkins delivers a master class in how to make the villain not only horrible, deranged and psychotic, but also charming, witty and erudite. You were concurrently repulsed by him and lured to him. See Lecter was a true mastermind, just lke Spacey's Keyser Soze and John Doe... despite the horrors performed in their name you still found yourself empathising with the characters.

Saw is as disposable as the creators intended.

if it's your favourite film then thet's cool and fine and fair enough, but don't build it up to be more than it is, you'll only be shot down by people with even more pretentious film preferences to me.

Hell my favourite Movie is either Jerry Ma-fucking-Guire or Sin City... hardly Oscar winners! :D

Comparing Final Destination and Saw is like chalk to cheese.

Depending on your interpretation of events, there is little or no empathy to be felt towards the characters. They're in the situation because they don't appreciate life, which, similar to Se7en is the intention of the "killer" John 'Jigsaw' Kramer. Whether they survive or not is up to them.

Considering it was the first real film Whannel and Wan did together, what's there is a clever film. There was no intention to shock the audience, in so far as gore is concerned. Against some of the other more gorier films of the genre, the film isn't ridiculous and improbable, and the sense that it's believable creates the thrill and tension.

Saw will always be one of my favourite films because of its sheer simplicity. The painstakingly obvious resolution only became adamant right at the end of the film for me, and was a pure forehead-slapping moment. At no point during the film did I think: "God, the acting sucks. God, they're just trying to shock me." Saw isn't really all too extreme, and because they didn't have the budget to incorporate CGI, i was all the more believable.

Who cares if Cary is a crap actor? You don't need a Brad Pitt or Mel Gibson to make a film good. The film had Danny Glover in it ffs, but it still works for me. Kevin Costner is shit; but he's still been in some class movies.

The Hannibal Lector series in particular stands out as excellent films in the horror genre, yet Hannibal and Jigsaw are somewhat similar. Jigsaw is also intelligent and pragmatic, yet because one is played by Tobin Bell, and one by Anthony Hopkins the film suffers?

I'm a horror fan, and the recent trend of film makers trying to put as much gore in as possible concerns me. If the Saw franchise goes past 3 movies, I'll stop watching, as it'd spoil the first film for me.

I saw the new adam sandler movie 'click' yesterday. Shite!

Also saw 'Nacho Libre'. Also shite

And 'Cars' , typical dreamworks fare.

Can we not have decent films these days please!!!

Sadly the most enjoyable film ive seen recently is the new fast and the furious, and thats saying something!

You cannot possibly put Bell's performance in the same league as Hopkins!

FFS Brock, it's your favourite film, ace biscuits.. but sweet lordy dear don't try and make out that it's good scripted, well acted fare!

You cannot possibly put Bell's performance in the same league as Hopkins!

FFS Brock, it's your favourite film, ace biscuits.. but sweet lordy dear don't try and make out that it's good scripted, well acted fare!

155258[/snapback]

Regardless of it being my favourite film or not, there is nothing at fault with the script.

Jesus Brock... watch some good films for the love of all that is holy!

I'm not saying my taste in films is great or that my favourite films are anything more than what they are... but christ on a bike mate, to say that Saw has a good script is painful!

a good script has to seem comfortable for the actors, it has to be realistic, it has to be inspiring and clever.

In the Instant, the hero should say exactly what you'd want to say after having considered the situation for hours.

Saw's dialog is labored and laughable at times man.

gotta be "Bring it on" I sat in the cinema with my girlfriend of the time whispering "The horror, the horror" in a Brando stylie until she told me to "fuck right off you condescending bastard"

half an hour after the film she did admit that it was a bag of shit

I'm not saying my taste in films is great or that my favourite films are anything more than what they are... but christ on a bike mate, to say that Saw has a good script is painful!

a good script has to seem comfortable for the actors, it has to be realistic, it has to be inspiring and clever.

In the Instant, the hero should say exactly what you'd want to say after having considered the situation for hours.

155330[/snapback]

I'm starting to think we'd best put this to rest, because we both think the other is talking shite. :D

Saw 2 is debatable, but the original movie will always stand out as something refreshingly simple at a time when we're "treated" to sequel after sequel of Freddy and Jason.

Anyways, I'm seeing Hard Candy on Tuesday, so here's hoping it'll be good. Trailer looked alright at least.

.... transformers... seriously.

don't talk about Hard Candy, Bring it On, Saw, Godfather... it's all about those robots in disguise.

Guest alex

155330[/snapback]

I'm starting to think we'd best put this to rest, because we both think the other is talking shite. :(

Saw 2 is debatable, but the original movie will always stand out as something refreshingly simple at a time when we're "treated" to sequel after sequel of Freddy and Jason.

Anyways, I'm seeing Hard Candy on Tuesday, so here's hoping it'll be good. Trailer looked alright at least.

155345[/snapback]

The irony is you're both talking shite. Par for the course like :razz:

:)

Brock, buy a dictionary because your definition of the term cult was way off. I agree that Saw was a good film as was Spiderman (Not too keen on 2) but to say it was 'cult' is ridiculous. It's probably been the most popular, well reviewed horror film since the Scream franchise came to an end. If you want cult films look at Battle Royale, Plughead, Kung Pow, Dog Soldiers etc.