Now that it's all over

Steve

I think that our qualification for the second round shows that Oceania truly does deserve an automatic World Cup qualification spot. We made the second round while teams like the Czech Rebublic, Poland, Serbia and Croatia did not. Europe gets too many places, places that should be spread around the world. Give South America four places, and take one away from Europe to be given to Oceania.

Discuss.

Edited by Steve

Steve, I'll answer your question if you'll first talk me through Lucas Neill's tackling HORRORSHOW from the 93rd minute of the Italy game. :blink:

If you could give me a brief rundown of the MAJESTY of Totti's penalty too, I would be grateful. :rolleyes:

Steve, I'll answer your question if you'll first talk me through Lucas Neill's tackling HORRORSHOW from the 93rd minute of the Italy game. :blink:

If you could give me a brief rundown of the MAJESTY of Totti's penalty too, I would be grateful. :rolleyes:

154260[/snapback]

Cath, close your eyes right now.

Scott, you sir are a cunt of the highest order and you are now my enemy. Again.

154260[/snapback]

154293[/snapback]

Oh my. :(

If you could give me a brief rundown of the MAJESTY of Totti's penalty too, I would be grateful. :(

154260[/snapback]

154293[/snapback]

Does that mean you won't talk me through it? :rolleyes:

There is one strong footballing nation in Oceania (well there was) why should they get an automatic World cup qualification spot?

There is one strong footballing nation in Oceania (well there was) why should they get an automatic World cup qualification spot?

154314[/snapback]

If they're that good they should be able to play and beat some South American no marks to get to the World Cup. If they can't then they don't deserve to be there tbh.

I posted this on another board about qualification for the next world cup:

Europe 13.5

South America 5

North/Central America 2.5

Africa 6 (remember that South Africa is host nation)

Asia 4.5

Oceania .5

Europe's lowest ranked 2nd placed team to play CONCACAF 3rd team

Asia v Oceania play off (If New Zealand came up against the likes of Saudi Arabia I'd fancy them)

I posted this on another board about qualification for the next world cup:

Europe 13.5

South America 5

North/Central America 2.5

Africa 6 (remember that South Africa is host nation)

Asia 4.5

Oceania .5

Europe's lowest ranked 2nd placed team to play CONCACAF 3rd team

Asia v Oceania play off (If New Zealand came up against the likes of Saudi Arabia I'd fancy them)

154331[/snapback]

How can you justify 4.5 places to Asia with 2.5 to CONCACAF even with Australia in the AFC?

Asia and CONCACAF both all inflated in this cup. Take away the .5 from CONCACAF for certain, but it won't go below 3.

Africa should have at least 5, six might be a stretch.

Oceania w/o Australia doesn't deserve a .5 slot. They should play off with an Asian country for the chance at a playoff against S. America.

Edited by Zathras

I think that our qualification for the second round shows that Oceania truly does deserve an automatic World Cup qualification spot. We made the second round while teams like the Czech Rebublic, Poland, Serbia and Croatia did not. Europe gets too many places, places that should be spread around the world. Give South America four places, and take one away from Europe to be given to Oceania.

Discuss.

154255[/snapback]

Hmm, yes because your group was just as difficult as the Czechs and Serbs. Try looking at the circumstances of how you qualified then open your mouth.

Edited by Bellers

How many countries from the Oceana region, other than Austrailia, have ever qualified of the World Cup ?

I agree though, now that Australia have had a semi-successful World Cup, it's now far to give an automatic place for New Zealand (unless the mighty Soloman Islands and American Samoa can challenge them for a place).