Hoppings

Kid Dynamite

When i was a bairn a gypsy put a curse on me cos my mam wouldnt buy any pegs off her. My mother is not a small woman and apparently the gypo bag lady was literally hoyed over the fence and into the road.

156188[/snapback]

"Wanna buy some pegs, Dave! I got some pegs!!"

s3_lazarou.jpg

156202[/snapback]

:(

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

When i was a bairn a gypsy put a curse on me cos my mam wouldnt buy any pegs off her. My mother is not a small woman and apparently the gypo bag lady was literally hoyed over the fence and into the road.

156188[/snapback]

:)

I was cursed because i didnt want any of her lucky heather :razz: I'd walked past once and politely refused, then walked past her again later on and again she asked, my son told her firmly 'NO, we didnt want any, to which she swore at him, wasnt having none of that, so i told her where to stick her heather, then she cursed me and mine :( Dead embarrassing it was, in the middle of town :lol: (hate scenes)

156194[/snapback]

The only way to reverse a gypsy curse is to deliver a double-tit-punch to the gyppo that gives you it. That's the only recognised method I know of.

156188[/snapback]

:)

I was cursed because i didnt want any of her lucky heather :razz: I'd walked past once and politely refused, then walked past her again later on and again she asked, my son told her firmly 'NO, we didnt want any, to which she swore at him, wasnt having none of that, so i told her where to stick her heather, then she cursed me and mine :( Dead embarrassing it was, in the middle of town :lol: (hate scenes)

156194[/snapback]

Me and some school mates were cursed up near Berwick a good 10 years back for having a bit of slanging war with a local Gypsie site (we were canoeing down the Tweed and set up camp for the nght by the banks).

It was great, all these kids and a few adults with burning torches (I kid ye not) mumbling some incoherent rubbish.

As I always say, if it doesn't kill ya it will make you stronger - and I'm still here today!

I wanted to be a gypsy as a kid. There was something appealing about wearing floaty skirts, hoopy earrings and travelling around with a horse and caravan. I might do it yet..... :(

I want to be a Gyppo, like.

Have 12 kids, light tyre fires and annoy the locals....brilliant.

156216[/snapback]

Aint that just being a Charva though?

156218[/snapback]

Charva's don't smell of cabbage though, just piss.

A bit of advice, don't fuck with Gypos, their usually hard, mental and don't give a fuck as they just up roots the next day and move on

156352[/snapback]

Mental yes, but they never rock up in Longsight. If they did they'd be eaten alive. :(

A bit of advice, don't fuck with Gypos, their usually hard, mental and don't give a fuck as they just up roots the next day and move on

156352[/snapback]

Someone's been watching Snatch :(

anyone see that show on tv recently, Gypsy wars?

chronicling the tension between gypos and the locals, showing court appearances and getting the views from both sides of the fence.

I think it was supposed to encourage sympathy for the travellers, but it genuinely hardened my stance. They add nowt to the area where they settle and dramatically effect house prices and the like

chronicling the tension between gypos and the locals, showing court appearances and getting the views from both sides of the fence.

I think it was supposed to encourage sympathy for the travellers, but it genuinely hardened my stance. They add nowt to the area where they settle and dramatically effect house prices and the like

156359[/snapback]

To be fair house prices is an irrelevant issue as they effectively opt out of property rights. It's a very biased way of looking at it. What is an issue is the lawlessness they often seem to bring with them.

156359[/snapback]

I think I saw that, late night on bbc2 some time recently? Their anger was focused on one of the locals who was trying to get them out?

In one way I can see what you mean, they kind of softened my sympathy for a final solution. But if were going to try and integrate people like this we have to accept it will take at least a generation. When they have this little education they are basically sub-human.

156352[/snapback]

Someone's been watching Snatch :(

156355[/snapback]

Talking from past experiences with the dirty bastards, they used to invade the site where the B & Q is in Byker when i was a kid, then try and take over the Quarry (youth centre) in the summer holidays, led to a lot of friction between them and the locals

Talking from past experiences with the dirty bastards, they used to invade the site where the B & Q is in Byker when i was a kid, then try and take over the Quarry (youth centre) in the summer holidays, led to a lot of friction between them and the locals

156375[/snapback]

Yeah, I've had the same experience in Waterford and Dublin and never heard a good word said about them. Of course you get the odd decent one, but they are basically scum, and I'd like to hear anyone argue otherwise.

156359[/snapback]

To be fair house prices is an irrelevant issue as they effectively opt out of property rights. It's a very biased way of looking at it. What is an issue is the lawlessness they often seem to bring with them.

156362[/snapback]

I was meaning that any local trying to sell their house will find it increasingly difficult as a traveller community atthe end of the road severely affects interest in the property

156352[/snapback]

I Bob Moncur, they were set up round the Tyne Tunnel a few months back and one of them was at the petrol station next to mine. Apparently he got into an argument with his Gypsie wife (you're my wife now Dave!) and some bloke who was filling up went and had a word with him. The Gypsy bloke said nowt, calmly got into his car, and ran the bloke over. ;)

Guest alex

156375[/snapback]

Yeah, I've had the same experience in Waterford and Dublin and never heard a good word said about them. Of course you get the odd decent one, but they are basically scum, and I'd like to hear anyone argue otherwise.

156379[/snapback]

My mate's Dad got his garden done by some once and they did a good job, were cheap and didn't even come back to burgle their house. Admittedly that's the only nice story I've ever heard about them. ;)

My mate's Dad got his garden done by some once and they did a good job, were cheap and didn't even come back to burgle their house. Admittedly that's the only nice story I've ever heard about them. ;)

156702[/snapback]

I knew it would be the defender of all that is leafy who would take up the gauntlet. :first:

How long ago did this happen, have they checked to make sure the foundations are still under the house?

156702[/snapback]

I knew it would be the defender of all that is leafy who would take up the gauntlet. :first:

How long ago did this happen, have they checked to make sure the foundations are still under the house?

156712[/snapback]

Too right, he'll also not be laughing when the plod start digging up corpses from his lovely uneven pikey patio.

Guest alex

156702[/snapback]

156712[/snapback]

:icon_lol: It was a few years ago like.

Guest alex
:first:  It was a few years ago like.

156760[/snapback]

And the house hasn't starting sagging? ;)

156772[/snapback]

No, not as yet. Mind, thinking about it there isn't much worth nicking in the place which might have something to do with them not coming back in the middle of the night for a visit.