Anelka tantrum gives Sou hope

Scottish Mag

NEWCASTLE target Nicolas Anelka had an amazing touchline bust-up to spark fresh doubts about his future in Turkey.

The French striker exchanged angry words with the Fenerbahce bench after being substituted at the weekend.

Anelka's latest sulk came when he was taken off 40 minutes into a league game.

Although Anelka has a reputation for being moody, this latest outburst was reckoned by many to be justified and news of the spat will lift Newcastle hopes.

The Geordies were warned off bidding for Anelka last week amid hints that Fenerbahce would report them to FIFA for an illegal approach.

But now Fener may decide to cash in on Anelka, bought from Manchester City in January.

Newcastle have also been told to pay £6million up front for Fulham's new skipper Luis Boa Morte after their offer of £5 million in instalments was rejected.

:D

12243[/snapback]

Good player, but the hypocrisy of going after him is simply staggering, even for Souness.

Just wondering why people think Souness can manage Anelka? Spats with the bench isn't something Souness is able to cope with, is it? At least when the player is smaller than him, that is.

Also wondering why people were so keen to back Souness in getting rid of Bellamy for his outburts and yet are keen to have a player here to appears to be openly worse.

12243[/snapback]

Good player, but the hypocrisy of going after him is simply staggering, even for Souness.

Just wondering why people think Souness can manage Anelka? Spats with the bench isn't something Souness is able to cope with, is it? At least when the player is smaller than him, that is.

Also wondering why people were so keen to back Souness in getting rid of Bellamy for his outburts and yet are keen to have a player here to appears to be openly worse.

12248[/snapback]

Really makes you wonder about where Souness got his earlier information about Anelka having had his "head sorted out" innit? Much as I'd desperately like to see a striker, ANY striker come in at this point in time, an Anelka-Souness soap opera will likely end in tears.

12243[/snapback]

12248[/snapback]

Really makes you wonder about where Souness got his earlier information about Anelka having had his "head sorted out" innit? Much as I'd desperately like to see a striker, ANY striker come in at this point in time, an Anelka-Souness soap opera will likely end in tears.

12251[/snapback]

he came off bcos he was injured don't get your hope up!

Daum:no bust up!

For his hols, Anelka went to Mecca and Medina with Didier Domi. Just thought I'd mention that.

12289[/snapback]

Bingo is big in Turkey ?

For his hols, Anelka went to Mecca and Medina with Didier Domi. Just thought I'd mention that.

12289[/snapback]

Bingo is big in Turkey ?

12292[/snapback]

The last thing we need is a striker given over to tantrums and sulks  :D

12326[/snapback]

I would say that the last thing we need is no striker at all.

12344[/snapback]

Shouldnt be in this position at all, its bad management. But i'd actually rather no one than another player who's likely to cause more trouble and tensions than he's worth.