Lampard Injury Scare

Gemmill

Taken a knock on the ankle apparently.

A perfect opportunity for Sven to drop him, move Beckham inside, and play Lennon on the right.

But I reckon Lampard will be playing, knock or no knock. :D

A perfect opportunity for Sven to drop him, move Beckham inside, and play Lennon on the right. 

But I reckon Lampard will be playing, knock or no knock.  :D

154862[/snapback]

He's continued to play him despite him playing shite, so why should a injury make a difference !

But I reckon Lampard will be playing, knock or no knock.  :D

154862[/snapback]

He's continued to play him despite him playing shite, so why should a injury make a difference !

154864[/snapback]

With a sore ankle he might not be able to generate the power to keep hitting row Z, might get closer to the target when he shoots (again and again and again)

154862[/snapback]

exactly, as Baddiel pointed out in the latest podcast lol. And I must say I'd like to see it, especially against a team like Portugal. Beckham switched into the centre and Lennon on the right.

Nah, I don't think he'll go back to using Crouch from the start.  I think he's strictly a sub and soon-to-be forgotten man on the England front.

154888[/snapback]

I have to agree with you there but he does offer the long ball approach if our short game is shit. I have to say he has done ok for us like but he hasn't been anything special.

Probably best if someone really hurts that ankle as it will be the best thing for your country. He is shit in a shirt with the three lions on it and prefers the CFC lion thingo.

Put Gerrard and Carrick/Scotty Parker (if he was there) in the middle with Lennon on the right and Cole on the left then you shall be right.

Lampard will score tomorrow.

154875[/snapback]

I reckon you are right, I think he will run into form tomorrow. He has been poor but I just hve a feeling tomorrow will be his day

154880[/snapback]

Thats what i was thinking. He's been crap but i fancy him to score tomorrow and be much improved.

Probably best if someone really hurts that ankle as it will be the best thing for your country. He is shit in a shirt with the three lions on it and prefers the CFC lion thingo.

Put Gerrard and Carrick/Scotty Parker (if he was there) in the middle with Lennon on the right and Cole on the left then you shall be right.

154956[/snapback]

What a load of fucking shite. Funny thing is though, we'd all love it if Owen preferred us to England, yet Lampard gets shit for allegedly preferring Chelsea.

Beckhams been shit too, and doesn't warrant playing in the middle. What would he actually offer there?

England player of the season for the last 2 years - what does that tell you?

154956[/snapback]

What a load of fucking shite. Funny thing is though, we'd all love it if Owen preferred us to England, yet Lampard gets shit for allegedly preferring Chelsea.

agree with that like

Beckhams been shit too, and doesn't warrant playing in the middle. What would he actually offer there?

part of the beckham problem imo is he often tries to play centrally. Having him there and someone who is prepared to play RM would give the midfield a much better shape. As to what he offers over Lampard.. 10 times the passing ability. Gerrard already offers what Lampard does, and I know you'll disagree, plus more.

Edited by luckypierre

Gerrard already offers what Lampard does, and I know you'll disagree, plus more.

155105[/snapback]

Thats the key point here. Lampard is a good player, but Gerrard is better in that role. (IMO)

Guest alex
Lampard will score tomorrow.

154875[/snapback]

I reckon you are right, I think he will run into form tomorrow. He has been poor but I just hve a feeling tomorrow will be his day

154880[/snapback]

Well I got that one well and fucking truly bang on didnt I

155691[/snapback]

Same as when you backed Sven for taking Walcott and only one other fully fit striker :(