Argies vs Jormans

Gemmill

Who do you actually want to win this one? I'm really torn. I want Argentina to win just to have the pleasure of seeing a stadium full of distraught Germans.....but I want the Germans to win in case of the extreme offchance that England make the final (I think the Germans are more beatable than Argentina even with the home advantage).

What's everyone else think? Gonna be a good game either way. :D

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I too hope that Argies win so that just on the off chance that we get a final with these, would be a cracking game with alot of history behind both nations.

I do think Jormany have a bit of confidence behind the side now and with home advantage, try and cause an upset.

I want Germany to win and I think they will win. Apart from the game against the Serbs Argentina have done nothing to suggest they're capable of winning the competition.

Isegrim, if you lot get beat, I want you to set up a webcam link in the immediate aftermath of the game, so we can see you crying. :D  Especially if you go out on penalties.

154893[/snapback]

Yep, I will be totally devastated if we go out against one of the biggest favourites after playing a decent tournament with great football so far.

But I'll probably run across the market square with a bottle of port wine... :D

http://www.tuebingen.de/1559_webcam.html

I want the Germans to win, which is a bizarre sensation in itself. I imagine Argentina will, though, and quite comfortably in the end - I just have a feeling that Podolski and Klose aren't going to cut it up front today, so it'll all depend on whether Ballack does his 90-minute Lampard impression again.

Supporting Argies and Italy today. Girlfriend has Argies in her sweep stake so a better excuse than any. Italy just because i always go them on Pro Evo.

Hobson's choice tbh.

I'm just hoping for an awesome game; high scoring, going to AET, loads of injuries and sendings off in AET, sudden death 'pelanties' (some re-takes due to the keeper moving too quickly-we've not had any of that yet) with a bruised and battered winner emerging and an agrieved and bitter loser screaming blue murder. The identities of which dont matter to me. Oh and Jurgen Klinsmann to get decked by someone (anyone) would cap it for me.

Not too much to ask for.

I'd rather have Argentina win for the boy wonder that is Leo Messi

2006031820051213webcam12wu.jpg

154911[/snapback]

All that money and he basically lives in something that looks like a halls of residence!?

Isegrim, if you lot get beat, I want you to set up a webcam link in the immediate aftermath of the game, so we can see you crying. :D  Especially if you go out on penalties.

154893[/snapback]

Yep, I will be totally devastated if we go out against one of the biggest favourites after playing a decent tournament with great football so far.

154896[/snapback]

Don't try that on mister. You're not telling me you won't be absolutely gutted if you go out of the tournament today. :icon_lol: Even your Germanic ways of thinking can't rationalise that one within minutes of the final whistle/last penalty sailing over the bar. :D

154911[/snapback]

All that money and he basically lives in something that looks like a halls of residence!?

154932[/snapback]

Looks better/bigger than any halls of residence i ever did live.

154911[/snapback]

154932[/snapback]

Looks better/bigger than any halls of residence i ever did live.

154935[/snapback]

You know what I mean though, spanner!

154893[/snapback]

154896[/snapback]

Don't try that on mister. You're not telling me you won't be absolutely gutted if you go out of the tournament today. :icon_lol: Even your Germanic ways of thinking can't rationalise that one within minutes of the final whistle/last penalty sailing over the bar. :D

154933[/snapback]

Sorry, but what does "last penalty sailing over the bar" mean? I don't get it, it must be something exclusively English... :lol:

154893[/snapback]

154896[/snapback]

154933[/snapback]

Sorry, but what does "last penalty sailing over the bar" mean? I don't get it, it must be something exclusively English... ;)

154938[/snapback]

You have no idea how much I want you to lose on penalties now. :lol:

Bit of a no lose situation this one for me. I will get immense pleasure from whichever team goes out. I probably want Germany to win, just for the possiblilty of playing them in the final, but I cant imagine feeling dissapointment if they lose.

I am really looking forward to the game